Chapter 21

I'M WITH YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon's POV

I silently flushed down the lump on my throat and the hurt I am feeling with the now lukewarm coffee delivered by the room service. I kept silent until Jessica unnie woke up, she immediately greeted me with a kiss while giving me a back hug, but I was not in the mood to reciprocate all the affection she was giving now. 

I know everyone who decides to love or to be in a relationship does experience what I am experiencing right now, the feeling of doubt and betrayal. This is no exception. But then it hurts me to know that we're not exempted from anything like this, because for one moment, I thought we were invincible...for a moment I thought we were iridescent; that we were meant to be. 

 

"Jiyeonnie~ are you okay? You're too quiet..." she asked as we finished the rest of our breakfast at the terrace. 

"Ah n-nae... I'm just not in the mood" I answered, avoiding looking at her.  

 

She moved closer to me caressing my cheek, looking at me with genuine concern. 

 

"What the problem? Tell me..." she asked, and when I looked at her I saw pain in her eyes that I couldn't explain. 

Is she guilty of something? 

But I know well how expressive her eyes are... pabo Jiyeon 

 

But before I could answer her, her phone rang and she immediately left my side to get it in our bedroom. She came back to seat with me again before answering it.  

"Hello Hara-sshi?” she answered cheerful than I expected so my eyes darted to her, remembering the photo I received earlier. 

Could it be Hara? 

"Hmm... I don't know if we can squeeze that with my schedule right now... Uhhh we're staying only until Friday... yes... No I would like to hang out with you...but...Jiyeon is my priority of this trip... yeah, I'm really sorry... maybe we can do that next time... thanks hara-sshi. Bye" 

"Hara?" I bluntly asked 

"Nae, she was asking if I could squeeze a night out with them, her and some board members... but I declined." She smile sweetly

"It's fine with me." I said convincingly 

"Aniyo, we're here to escape right?" She said kneeling in front of me cupping my face with both her hands. 

"You're my priority. Always remember that Arraseo? Saranghae Jiyeona~" she added giving me a peck on the lips. 

"I love you too unnie" I said blushing, finally giving in to her natural charm

"Aigo~ that's the smile I've been missing out the whole morning my little dino." She said looking marveled at the sight of my whole face, I just gave her my dino smile. 

"So what do you want to do today? Want to go shopping? Just something for us and your friends, I know they'll bug you for that" she winked as she sat back her chair. 

"That would be nice unnie" I giggled. 

 

I was already waiting for her on my white crop top and dark blue skirt; 

it's not so cold today so we decided to just dress casually. She’s rummaging the closet for something to wear, she's just like any other woman who wants or dresses so girly and all but makes no mistake of hitting on her if you're guy, and you’ll just have your heart broken within minutes. She finally settled on some loose white V-neck shirt and black shorts. 

"Ready Jiyeonnie? Sorry for letting you wait." She apologized sweetly while putting on her shades. 

"Its fine, no time was wasted waiting for someone like you unnie." I said standing by her and kissing her lightly on the cheek. 

"Aigo... my Dino is so sweet!" She chuckle slightly pinching my cheek

"Whatever unnie! Come on, let's go" I said pulling her by the hand

 

We're half-way down the elevator and she was holding my hand but her other hand can't let her phone go which is odd. She never uses her phone when she's with me, not unless it's for work or an emergency call. But instead of making a fuss out of it I just let her be, then after a while her phone rang again, she hesitated to answer it at first but the when the elevator opened she instantly walk out, letting go of my hand without even telling me who it was or if it’s for work. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jessica's POV

I was checking the venue and the updates of the crew I have been contacting since before we left for London; they’re already being able to put everything in perspective which is great. 

I can see Jiyeon fidgeting at the view of me being busy on the phone while we're together which I know she knows well that I didn't usually do, unless it's really important. I just ignored her and when my phone rang just in time as the elevator opened I stepped out without telling her. I walked faster and since she's lagging behind, I talked to the manager as fast as I can. 

"Yes hello? Really? That's great news! Just do everything as planned. Yes place the piano at the center of the hall, and the sunflower and other flower arrangements around the whole place like a field. Thank... yes update me. Bye"

 

I was smiling like an idiot when I learned that they were able to get me sunflowers in winter. I was already outside but when I looked back to see her. Jiyeon was gone... I looked around the ground floor, the promenade, the parking lot, the garden. I ended up in our room but still, she wasn't there. I tried calling her but she's not answering.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jiyeon's POV

I remembered the song about two people who fought for the love they think they deserve and still ended up leaving the relationship when they realized they've had enough. That there's still a lot more they can do with their lives not bounded by the same person for a long time. That there’s still other person they can meet that can turn their world around. And that there are things you will experience more fully with just being free. No strings attached. 

 

My mind was filled with the lyrics of that song alone, while I tried slipping away from Jessica unnie, there's a mixture of disgust, anger and jealousy in every part of me, so I decided to just give her--- us space.

I walked towards the Park; maybe the gush of fresh air can clear my distraught mind. I spent a few hours there, Jessica Unnie won't stop calling and texting me and I am not responding to any, because I know the moment I answer her will be the death of me. I will start believing again that everything between us is fine, crisp and perfect. That I didn't receive a malicious photo of her almost kissing another woman. That she's not trying to ignore me the past few days. 

What if you're just over thinking Jiyeon?

Does everything she did mean nothing for you? 

What happened to one great love and connection?

Why are you wavering?

You're not fair.

 

Those thoughts of conscience were over coming my mind when 6 in the evening strike. I was walking trying to find a place who sells liquor. There's a burning sensation in my throat and I think the only way t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter