Chapter 13

I'M WITH YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyomin's POV

If there's another weird thing about me aside from I am the living proof of reincarnation. It is my mind's ability to transcend exactly what I wanted someone to know by just touching them on their cheek like what I did with Eunjung. And along with that ability was to over think and worry and to slightly be paranoid; and I hate it as much as I enjoy it. 

It is the same reason that has drowns me to car racing. The speed, the noise, the adrenaline. Those things kept me from my paranoia. I decided to get back to racing after I left her. My mind of course was telling me how dumb and weak and cowardly my decision was. 

Don't hate me. I still see Jiyeon, yes you read it right, I check on her like a stalker. My September was spent making sure she goes out of her condo with her friends. It's a good of Eunjung to keep her promise to help Jiyeon. And when I'm sure that she's fine and not thinking about me anymore, it's my turn to try and set her aside. 

I spend the first week of the month without any gadget. So I won't be tempted to check on every one of her social media accounts. Yes it's a petty act but it's something huge for me. After making sure my gadgets are gone, I focused on our company. I visited every brunch near Seoul; I held meetings, as much as possible I surrounded myself with people who have no connection with Jiyeon. 

After a week of being a dutiful chief operating officer. I wheeled out my race car from the garage. It's a graduation gift from our company. It's been there for quite some time now so it's all dusty; I decided to clean it by myself. After that I took it to our race tracks for a checkup. The guys there know me well try not hitting on me so I rolled in freely. They changed the wheels, checked the water and oil, and brakes and all. Then I drove for god knows how long and how fast. And it's effective; it kept my mind shut for the rest of the week. So after office I go straight to the tracks. 

On the third week, I resumed to my Muay Thai. What other way do you release stress, angst, and frustration right? I was thinking of buying a gun for target shooting but I stopped myself remembering my first life time. How could I buy the one thing that started this crappy life, right?

It's the fourth week and I've been doing well. I work, I race, I punch-kick and choke. I also decided to finally get my gadgets back, feeling more positive that I won't check on her. 

And then one day, it was pay-day actually so after work I am thinking of taking some rounds on tracks and maybe going to some bar with loud music and huge crowd. I went home to get my race suit and car when Uncle Suk Jin called me to the library. 

"Nae ajussi?" I asked timidly keeping my head bowed down. 

"Ahh nice to finally see you Hyomin-ah. You've been out so much the past days--weeks actually. You didn't have the chance to check on me anymore?" He sounded offended. 

"Ajussi its Jessica. And I'm sorry for being so busy." 

"You know, you don't have to work so hard Hyomin-ah. You've done so much. I heard you're racing again?" he said accusingly. 

"I just need to keep my mind from thinking." I reasoned. 

"Thinking about what? Who? I haven't seen Jiyeon-ssi the past two months." he declared with omniscience. 

"We're okay; she's just busy with her work and business too."

"Oh? Jinjja? That's not what my source told me."

"You have me followed?"

"Hyomin-"<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter