The Deal

You Are Mine

Even though he knew that he was rejected, but Yong Xing still couldn't let go of Yang Jie. The face of his Senior always came to him every night before he went to sleep.

 

There is no helping it. I’m doomed. I can’t forget him. It’s been several years and I still think about him everyday. I was rejected, but still I can’t get him off of my mind. I must be insane!

 

Suddenly his phone was ringing. Yang Jie has called him.

 

It’s been few months since the day he was rejected, and never once Yang Jie contacted him.

 

Hello?”

Yong Xing?

Yes, Senior, it’s me. What happened?”

Nothing. I just wanna know how are you doing there?

Yong Xing instantly smiled and feeling so happy. “Fine. I’m doing great here.”

I see. So, there is nothing to worry about.

Why?”

Hmm?

Why are you calling me?”

That day… you said that you needed some times to… heal your broken heart. So, you said that it’s better for us to keep our distance. And then you said that you will contact me… but you’ve never called, thought that maybe I should at least give you a call once. You know, just to make sure that you’re still alive and all.

Yong Xing laughed. He felt so happy and depressed at the same time. “Thank you for worrying about me. I’m alive and still missing you day by day.”

 

Yang Jie didn’t say anything. He didn’t know how to respond to that sentence. Yong Xing broke the silence with a laugh.

Do you want to meet me?

Yes.”

Would you come to Beijing this weekend? Or should I see you in Shanghai?

I’ll be there.”

Okay.

 

Yang Jie hung up the phone. Yong Xing sighed lightly and lit up a cigarette. He went to his apartment’s veranda. He felt joyous. The fact that Yang Jie called him first was already a happy thing for him, moreover Yang Jie said that he wanted to meet him.

 

If we can’t get someone off of our mind, maybe that someone is meant to be there afterall.

 

Yong Xing giggled and laughed for himself. He felt like a lunatic.

 

It’s already a miracle that I didn’t turn out to be a psychopath.

 

That night, Yong Xing had a very deep sleep. It’s been a while since the last time he felt so content to fall asleep on his own bed and without companion. Actually, for the past months Yong Xing has been taking one night stand almost every week. Sometimes once every three days. He couldn't sleep well when he was sleeping alone.

 

Weekend please come soon.

 

Saturday, 10:30 AM Beijing Airport

 

Yong Xing has arrived in Beijing. Yang Jie promised him that he would pick him up at the airport.

 

Yo!”

Long time no see,” Yong Xing said smiling widely.

Yeah, long time no see. Let’s have brunch. I’m so hungry.”

Alright.”

 

They went out of the airport and went to a restaurant nearby.

 

Do you have any place that you want to go to?” Yang Jie asked while munching his food.

Not really. What about you?”

Hmm.. me too. I don’t feel like going out.”

Then, could we just stay in your apartment? I want to take a nap.”

For real? You want to take a nap after eating?”

Yes, why? It’s not a strange thing to do, right?”

You sound like an old man, you know? And you are supposedly younger than me.”

Tch… always so good at mocking me.”

Hahahahaha… sorry, sorry. I’ll just watching TV then. What do you want for dinner?”

Anything. You know that I’m not a picky eater.”

Okay, I’ll make chicken stew and dumplings.”

Ooohh...”

What?” Yang Jie raised his eyebrow.

I’m just feeling surprised and happy that you will cook dinner for me.”

Don’t be cocky. I’m not cooking for you. I’m cooking for myself and you are just happened to be lazing around in my apartment, so yeah, as I am a generous person, I feel the need to feed you too.”

That kind of reason is not bad at all,” Yong Xing grinned and took a sip of his coffee. Yang Jie rolled his eyes and dug in to his food eagerly.

 

01:25 PM At Yang Jie Apartment

 

Since it’s the first time for Yong Xing to come to Yang Jie’s apartment, as soon as Yang Jie opened the front door, Yong Xing was immediately dashing inside the room and started to wander. Yang Jie shook his head in amusement.

 

Why are you looking so happy for?”

It’s the first time I came here, so it’s only natural for me to get excited,” Yong Xing said while looking at the bookshelves in the living room. “And you are still very organized, Senior.”

Of course. You can sleep in my room if you want to sleep. I’ll be here.”

 

Yang Jie went to the kitchen to bring out some snacks and drinks for himself. He didn’t realize Yong Xing’s piercing gaze on his back. Not long after, Yong Xing decided to follow him to the kitchen.

 

Senior.”

Yes?” Yang Jie looked at Yong Xing with a confused eyes.

Why do you suddenly want to see me?”

Yang Jie stopped his movement for a while, then he proceed to close the refrigerator’s door.

Should I have a reason if I want to see you?”

You know it better to not giving other people a false alarm.”

So, you mean after all this time, you still have feeling for me?”

Even though I said that I needed time to mend my broken heart, but in reality, It’s not that easy.”

Why don’t I introduce you to someone good then? I believe you will slowly forget about me if you have relationship with other people.”

Are you for real?”

Xing… you are one of by best friends that I want to keep close. I don’t want us to be like strangers to each other. You have always helped me a lot, and I want to be by your side...”

Yang Jie didn’t have time to finish his sentence as Yong Xing forcefully kissed him and cornered him so that his back hit the dinner table.

 

Surprisingly, Yang Jie didn’t reject the kiss. He allowed Yong Xing to kiss him passionately. Yong Xing felt no resistance from Yang Jie, so he hugged Yang Jie’s waist and deepen his kiss. Few minutes later, they broke the kiss and took a deep breath.

Why don’t you push me away?”

I guess, we should try dating for a while eh.”

What do you mean?”

Let’s make a deal.”

“…...”

We try dating for three months, after that, if I don’t feel anything for you, we break up and never mention about this kind of relationship anymore.”

In other word, if I want to keep this relationship going, I should make you fall in love with me in the span time of three months. Correct?”

Correct.”

Okay. I’ll take the deal. Don’t you try to run away from me.”

I won’t.”

Yong Xing smiled and kissed Yang Jie lightly.

 

I was so stupid. I should have come up with that kind of deal years ago. Damn. Now that I have a chance, what should I do to make him fall in love with me?

 

 

 

 

To be continued