✌REVIEW - of purple sky and the stars we hold (By charmingusta)

✔✔TRAVERSE SHOP - REVIEW & PROOFREAD✔✔
 
review
Date Requested:
May 8, 2016 23:57:54
Date Finished:
May 9, 2016 1:47:27
of purple sky and the stars we hold

Author: charmingusta

Genre(s): Angst, Slight Mystery

Story Status: Completed

No. of Chapters: 1

 
TITLE: 5/5

"of purple sky and the stars we hold" is a bizarre yet unique title. Although the title should be capitalized in order to be correct, I assumed you did it on purpose since I've seen your stories and your writing style is different than the other stories. At first glance, it may seem odd, but I realized that the title itself contains symbolism. Purple Sky symbolises many things but the closest to your story is that it means death is close. Stars mean a big change, or a sign of sorrow. I see what you did there :)

DESCRIPTION/FOREWORD: 8/10

The description is good. It catches the reader's attention and intrigues the reader into reading the story. Yet it is weak and vague. You could have added more details and not just a snippet from the story. Unless a short description is what you're going for.

PLOT: 10/10

The plot is very interesting and intriguing. I like how you used a lyrics from the song throughout the fic, since it is somewhat a songfic. The story is not that confusing and hard to understand, it just leaves the reader in the dark if they do not understand the hints that the author had been giving. Judging from the subtle hints (not just the italicized texts) that you've dropped, I am clearly sure that Taehyung died because of the symbolism going in the story.

Rain represents sadness, despair, and loss of a loved one. The cloud blocking the light can very well mean that hope is lost or loss of a loved one. And I also like the fact that you used the technique of Showing (revealing what Jungkook was feeling towards Taehyung's demise) rather than Telling (telling the reader what Jungkook is feeling). Overall, the plot is original, unique to the author alone. The symbolism in the story was a good addition, seeing that symbolism challenges the reader to read between the lines.

 
FLOW OF THE STORY and CHARACTERS will not be included since this is just a drabble.


WRITING STYLE: 4/5

I can tell that you really liked using figurative language because there are many similes, metaphors and symbolism used in the story and you are doing a great job of it! Your descriptive language is also good, as I imagine the scene as clear as the day playing in my head. Oh and I understand that lower case writing is a writing style that you've used in the story, still there are some minor mistakes that I spy somewhere... This is a preference of mine: You can put quotation marks before and after a character's dialogue for emphasization. Just saying :)

SATISFACTION: 9/10

To me personally, I enjoyed reading your story ^.^

TOTAL: 36/40
author's notes
This is scrollable.

Thank you for submitting your story to my shop! Tell me your thoughts about the review in the comments!