Chapter 6

The Last Trust (GuiWang l GuiLun FanFic)

 

Thank you

Chapter 6: Thank you

[Recap of Chapter 5]

Aaron could sense the pain lingering in the eyes of hers.

“Baby, I’m sorry.” Aaron said. He ran over and hugged Guigui from the back.

Guigui pushed his arms off; she turned and shouted, “Anna! She showed me everything.”

Aaron slowly released and stood froze in a horror, “Anna! Everything!”

“Yes. Everything. One night stand, kissing. Enough! I hate you!” Guigui shouted and gave Aaron a tight slap. She turned and walked towards the door.

Aaron quickly regained from his senses and gave chase. But Guigui has hired a cab. He walked back home. He head to the study room and plunge onto the armchair. His head facing the ceilings, he closes his eyes. His mind is filled with the happy moments he had with Guigui. He turned his head to look at the picture they took during their holiday to Japan months ago. Something caught his eye. The ring which he bought for her was lying on the top of the laptop. The ring which has both their names carves on it. He put the ring on a chain and wore it on his neck.

“I’m sorry.” Aaron murmured while looking holding the ring up.

[End of recap]

“Where would you like to go miss?” the cab driver asked Guigui.

“Aston Road please.” Guigui replied.

[At Wangzi’s house]

“Master. You are awake. Guigui called you earlier.” The maid informed Wangzi.

“O – Ok. Thanks.” Wangzi replied weakly.

*DING DONG*

“May I look for Wangzi?” Guigui asked the maid politely.

“Please come in.” The maid usher Guigui in.

Wangzi was walking down the stair weakly. When he saw Guigui, his heart starts to pound.

“How are you feeling?” Guigui asked Wangzi when she saw Wangzi walking down the stairs.

“Fine. Thanks for the concern.” Wangzi said to Guigui with a smile.
Guigui feels Wangzi forehead with her hand and exclaimed, “Your head is still burning hot, and yet you say you are fine.”

“What took you here and what is all these?” Wangzi asked Guigui while pointing at the bags.

Guigui took a deep breath and said, “I had a quarrel with Aaron and we just broke up.”

Wangzi signaled Guigui to go to the study room. Inside the study room, Guigui relate the whole story to Wangzi.

“So, may I stay at your house for the time being?” Guigui asked Wangzi with her puppy eye.

Wangzi could not resist her electrifying puppy eyes and agreed to let her stay. Upon hearing the news, Guigui was back to her usual self beaming with delight.

[At Aaron’s house]

Without Guigui around, Aaron felt empty inside his heart and the house. He has no appetite. He went up to the room they used to share. He lies down on the bed and many things run across his mind. He walked towards the cabinet and once he opens it, he sees how empty it is now; he knew that she is serious about it. He decides to try whatever he can to get her back to his side.

[At Wangzi’s house]

Wangzi happen to walk past Guigui’s room and he saw her crying. He knew that she is extremely hurt and sad by Aaron’s flirty nature. He walk in the room and gave her a hug from behind.

“Why are you crying?” Wangzi asked Guigui softly

“I – I love him a lot. I cannot bear to leave him. B – But…” Guigui replied in between sobs.

“But what?” Wangzi asked her while bending down to wipe off her tears.

“But, I – I really hate his flirty nature. Each time, I just close one eye.” Guigui said to Wangzi with her red puffy eyes.

“Alright, stop crying. Dinner’s ready.” Wangzi said to Guigui and he walk off to the dining area.

Guigui wash up and head down to the dining area. She was amazed that the tables are full of food she love eating, especially her favourite crème brûlée. She started gobbling down the food. But half way through, tears start to flow down from the corner of her eyes.

Wangzi realize it and asked, “why are you crying again?”

“I don’t know, I miss him now, he used to make crème brûlée for me.” Guigui said before she returned to her room again.

Wangzi did not finish his meal and he went straight up to her room. Guigui was looking at the videos she had stored in her laptop. Whilst watching, she was crying. When Wangzi came in, he immediately pass her a piece of tissue paper.

“Thank you.” Guigui said softly to Wangzi.

“Don’t cry anymore, else tomorrow, you will have puffy eyes.” Wangzi warned Guigui jokingly.

“Alright. I will try.” Guigui replied while switching off her laptop to stop herself from thinking of Aaron.

“I’m heading back to my room to rest after the medication.” Wangzi bid goodnight to Guigui and walk off to his room.

“Thank you.” Guigui said softly after Wangzi left the room.