Chapter 4

The Last Trust (GuiWang l GuiLun FanFic)

 

Accompaniment

Chapter 4: Accompaniment

[Recap of Chapter 3]

The group cheered and clapped their hands before they decide to make their way up to Guigui’s ward. On the way up, Maodi sees his brother not talking much and he knows how he feel.

Maodi pat his brother’s back and said, “Bro, cheer up.”

“I’m fine.” Wangzi said coldly to Maodi before he finally took a deep breath and flashed his usual smile upon reaching the ward.

[End of recap]

“Thanks for coming to visit me.” Guigui said to her bunch of friends with her usual smile.

“Seeing that you are fine now, I am also less worried.” Da Ya said to Guigui before bidding her goodbye.

“I will join you all in school in 3 more days. Doctor says that I can be discharged tomorrow.” Guigui said to her friends.

“Gui, I got something on now, I will come visit you tomorrow.” Aaron whispered to his girlfriend.

“Ok. You go ahead.” Guigui replied Aaron. Aaron gave a kiss on her forehead before heading down to Ice Bar.

Almost everyone had left, only Wangzi leave behind to accompany Guigui.

“Wangzi, why hasn’t you go home?” Guigui asked Wangzi.

“To accompany someone till she sleeps, else the person who complained that nobody accompanies her.” Wangzi replied Guigui in a sarcastic tone.

“Who says I need someone to accompany me.” Guigui too reply in a sarcastic tone.

“Oh. Since the person doesn’t need someone to accompany me, I can go home and sleep. Bye.” Wangzi said to Guigui and he walked out of the room just like this.

Wangzi actually went to hide in a corner to see if Guigui would chase out. True enough, Guigui chase out what to see Wangzi not around. She walked back to the room dejectedly.

“Wangzi, how can you just leave like that?” Guigui murmured to herself. She plunged onto the bed and cry. She is afraid to be alone in an unfamiliar place.

Wangzi slowly walked back to the ward. He tip-toed in and he see Guigui crying. He gave Guigui a tap on her shoulder and asked concernly, “Why are you crying?”

Upon seeing that Wangzi had come back, she threw her arms around Wangzi and said to Wangzi, “I thought you really left.”

“I was really intending to leave but I forgot that I had left my books here.” Wangzi replied Guigui.

“Can you please accompany tonight? Can you?” Guigui asked Wangzi with her puppy eyes.

“Alright. I’ll leave once you are asleep.” Wangzi said to Guigui before Guigui break into her usual smile again.

[At the Ice Bar]

“Why did you do that to her?” Aaron asked the girl.

“I’m jealous, why she can be with you and I can’t.” the girl replied Aaron in an agitated tone.

“You know that we are only a mere one night stand.” Aaron said to the girl.

“I don’t want to be your one night stand. I want to be your girlfriend.” The girl shouted at Aaron and she threw her arms around Aaron’s neck trying to seduce him again.

Aaron pushed her arms off and told her off, “Anna. Stop your nonsense, be my girlfriend? That’s out of the question.”

“Don’t blame me if anything is to happen.” Anna screamed at Aaron attracting the attention of pub-goers.

Anna then walked out the pub, she hired a cab. Aaron’s mind is in a mess. He is afraid that Anna will do something bad to Guigui.

[At the ward]

Wangzi saw that Guigui is sound asleep. He decides to head home to get some rest. He looked at his watch. It reads, 03.35am.

“It’s already 3.35am. You owe me a meal.” Wangzi whispered to himself.

Aaron went home to see how empty his room is, it makes him very uncomfortable. After all, he is used to seeing his girlfriend sound asleep on the right side of the bed. He changed and snuggles at the bolster his girlfriend used to hug. Not long later, he fell asleep.

Wangzi went home to catch some rest. The moment he lies down on the bed, his mind kept coming out pictures of Guigui and him playing at the swing when they are young. How he managed to coax Guigui when she fell down from the swing one day. He tossed and turned around unable to sleep. When he managed to sleep, it is already 6 in the morning. He messaged Ao Quan to tell him that he won’t be in school today. The maid come in to check on her young master.
“Master, breakfast is ready.” The maid said to Wangzi.

“……” Wangzi did not reply.

The maid touched his forehead to see that it is burning hot. She immediately report to the housekeeper who called the family doctor to the house. The doctor arrived and checked on Wangzi. He prescribes some medication to the maid and instructs her to give it to Wangzi every 6 hours.

[In the ward]

“Miss Wu. You are safe to go home now.” The nurse said to Guigui.

“Ok. Thanks. Send the bill to my boyfriend’s house.” Guigui informed the nurse.

Guigui was thinking why nobody is here to fetch her. To her utter surprise, Aaron had already informed the chauffeur and the maid to fetch her back home.

[In the car]

“Baby, Thanks. I’ll be waiting for you at home.” Guigui messaged her boyfriend.

[In the school]

“Aaron. Is Guigui back home?” Da Ya asked Aaron.

Aaron nodded his head.

[At home]

Guigui kept calling Wangzi’s phone but the phone is left unanswered. She eventually called his house. The maid informed Guigui that Wangzi has fallen sick.

“WANGZI! WHY AREN’T YOU HERE TODAY!” Guigui shouted into the phone.

“Miss. Sorry. I’m not master. Master is sick. May I know who are you?” The maid asked.

Upon knowing that it isn’t Wangzi, Guigui immediately changed her tone, “I’m Guigui. I’m sorry for shouting at you. He is sick? What happen?”

“Miss Guigui. Master is down with high fever. I’ll ask him to call you once he is awake.” The maid said to Guigui.

“Ok. Thank you.” Guigui thanked the maid before hanging the phone.