Chapter 18

The Last Trust (GuiWang l GuiLun FanFic)

 

Mummy’s asleep

Chapter 18: Mummy’s asleep

[Recap of Chapter 17]

Guigui took off her jacket and put it on for Aaron. The screen then light up. It was a photo of Lucas and the both of them. She could not help but laugh out. Aaron was awoken and saw Guigui laughing.

“Silly boy.” Guigui said while laughing.

Aaron then said, “Since I’m a silly boy, then you must be a silly girl.”

“No I’m not.” Guigui replied and she turned to walk away.

Aaron got hold of her, the both of them looked into each other’s eyes. Slowly, they heads comes nearer and nearer, their mouth came closer and closer, their lips then slowly interlocked with each other. They are kissing passionately but suddenly, they heard Lucas crying from the room. They broke the kiss and heads to Lucas’s room.

Lucas was crying and rubbing his eyes.

“What happened?” Aaron asked a crying Lucas.

“Daddy, I had a bad dream.” Lucas answered while crying.

“Silly boy, don’t cry, daddy is here with you.” Aaron said while hugging him. True enough, Lucas stopped crying and he continues to sleep.

[End of recap]

Guigui looked at Aaron with an amazed look. She didn’t know that Aaron could actually coax Lucas back to sleep so soon. After Lucas was back sleeping, Aaron suggested that the both of them go out for a walk. They went to the beach 15 minutes away from their house. While Guigui is taking a rest and enjoying the cool breeze that is blowing against her face, Aaron was busy drawing a heart with ‘I love you’ inside the heart. He intends to give her a surprise. Aaron then went behind her and covers both her eyes. He led her to the heart and slowly let go of his hands. Guigui was shocked and her words seem to be stuck in .

“I love you.” Aaron whispered into her ears.

Guigui turned around and stare straight into his eyes and said, “I love you too.”

They then hugged each other not wanting to let go. But still they decided to release the hug and slowly walked back home hand in hand. While they are walking, Aaron spotted a little boy running to the middle of the road to retrieve his yo-yo which had rolled away. The little boy did not see the car approaching, Aaron immediately ran and hugged the boy to safety. But it was too late, until he flew to safety only to realize that the one who pushed him away is Guigui, his girlfriend. He let the boy off and ran towards Guigui who is bleeding profusely from her head as she lies on the floor unconscious.

“Someone, please call the ambulance.” Aaron shouted hysterically.

“Baby, Baby, Wake up.” Aaron called out as he shook her body repeatly.

Guigui was immediately wheel to the hospital’s operation room. Friends of Guigui immediately gathered around. They are confused of what had happen and everyone is asking Aaron who is now very irritated. Wangzi appeared and gave him a punch on his face.

“Punch me. If you are not satisfied, punch me.” Aaron murmured out.

“I told you to treat her well and you promised me. Now, what had happened?” Wangzi shouted back.

“I wanted to save the little boy, I knew it will be too late, but I can’t possibly see the little boy die. So I gave it a try. Suddenly Guigui pushed me away. I turned and saw her in this state.” Aaron said out looking at the floor throughout the whole conversation.

Wangzi helped him up and gave him a pat on the shoulder and consoled him, “Guigui will be alright.”

Aaron was standing outside the operation room pacing up and down; he punched his hand against the wall repeatly till Wangzi had to restrain him.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” Aaron cried out as we starts to weep on the floor.

“Why don’t you guys go home and take a rest first. We will call you once we have news of Guigui again.” Wangzi suggested to Ao Quan and the group as they are starting to feel tired.

Three hours have passed; there is still no news of Guigui. All they knew is that, nurses are constantly running around to get the equipment. Six hours later, the doctors finally come out and he dropped yet another bombshell – the blood bank is lacking in the blood AB+. Wangzi then texted everyone down to see whose blood is suitable for it. Everyone had arrived and due to the fact that Da Ya, Hebe, Ella are pregnant, Li Quan have low blood pressure and Xiao Xun is anemic hence they are all not suitable to donate blood. One by one, they all went in to get their blood tested. The results were out 10 minutes later.

“Mao Di, Calvin and Aaron.” The doctors called out to the three of them.

“The three of you have blood that is suitable to the patient. Will you like to donate your blood?” The doctors asked for their consent.

“Yes.” All three of them replied without hesitation.

Hence, the three of them went to have their blood donated and for another two hours, the doctors came out and say to them that the operation is a success but…

“But…” Everyone started to but…

“But, we do not know when she will wake up.” The doctors answered.

After, Aaron accompanied her to the ward; he went home to take a short nap before heading out to visit Guigui with Lucas hoping that Lucas might be able to wake her up. Lucas was still young hence he did not know what had happen to his mother.

“Daddy, why is mummy sleeping here?” Lucas asked confusingly.

“Lucas, can you wake mummy up?” Aaron asked him while carrying him.

“Yes.” Lucas answered intelligently.

One week and one week have passed by, in one month’s time; it will be Lucas 4th birthday. Guigui had always wanted to celebrate it grandly with him. But all this while, she had celebrated it only with Wangzi since they have live in the states for going 3 years plus. But something miracle happen one day. It happened at around 7pm. The nurses and doctors are doing their round in the hospital when the doctor is checking on Guigui, he discovered that she had just woken up. They immediately called Aaron who in turn called Wangzi. Aaron quickly drives to the hospital. He heads to her ward and saw her sitting up smiling at him.

“You have woken up.” Aaron cried out happily and continues to hug her.

Guigui just smiled at him before she replied weakly, “I knew that you have been visiting me. I know that you even bought Lucas to visit me.”

Aaron was shocked but still he was really happy that Guigui had woken up, “Do you remember the ring we bought 6 years ago?”

“Yes. We had just got together for half a year and I really like the rings, hence you bought it as a present for our sixth month anniversary.” Guigui answered weakly and softly.

“May I have the honour to put it on for you again?” Aaron asked sincerely.

Guigui ponder for a while before she eventually nod her head and the young couple then hugged each other tightly.

Wangzi was really happy for them, he coughed to indicate that he had reached, both of them then let go of each other and Wangzi came in and teased then, “I thought I was alone in the room”

Aaron replied while walking over, “Of course not, she is really happy to see you.”

Guigui immediately nodded her head and said, “You are forever my best buddy.”

Wangzi then decided to tease them further more by imitating what Aaron had said to Guigui. Both of them burst into laughter and they joked around with one another.

“I demand you to capture Lucas for me.” The young lady demanded the hired catchers to catch Lucas as she walked elegantly towards the exit of the hospital.