Chapter 28

The Last Trust (GuiWang l GuiLun FanFic)

 

Chapter 26: Pictures

Chapter 26: Pictures

[Recap of Chapter 25]

Everyone was astonished as he had changed a lot. They stood up and gave him a hug. It’s a long time they had seen each other.

“How are you?” Xiao Yu asked him.

“Fine, now I’m working in my dad’s office.” He replied with a smile.

“Why didn’t you give us a call?” Ao Quan asked him.

“Are you attached?” Calvin asked him too.

“What have you been doing this few months?” Jiro asked him.

“Hey, hold on, you are bombarding me with questions, how am I going to answer?” He answered with a laugh.

The guys then catch up with each other till morning before waking up their wives, girlfriends and children. Guigui woke up and was shocked to see sitting at the sofa, she walked towards him and gave him a surprise.

[End of recap]

“WANGZI!” Guigui shouted excitedly.

“Gui, you have woken up? How have you been?” Wangzi asked Guigui giving her a hug.

“I’m fine, Aaron and I will be getting married next week.” Guigui replied happily.

“Congratulation, finally you are getting married.” Wangzi said to Guigui observing the happiness on her face.

“What do you mean; you want me to be an old spinster?” Guigui answered jokingly to Wangzi giving him a box on his chest.

“At least, I have one less person who will always complain to me.” Wangzi replied jokingly to Guigui.

“Vickie’s here.” Aaron said as he carried Vickie down to the living room.

Aaron passed Vickie to Wangzi as he played with Vickie. They then talked and chatted with Wangzi while Guigui informed the maid to feed Vickie. Just then, Lucas came down and saw Wangzi. He ran excitedly to his godfather. The godfather and godson did some catching up whereas, Aaron head back to the office to attend some meeting. Guigui then suggested going out for lunch with Wangzi.

[At Swensens]

“Did you get to know any girls for this few months?” Guigui asked Wangzi.

“Yes, a few of them, we dated and broke up.” Wangzi replied instantly.

“You are such a picky guy.” Guigui commented jokingly.

“All these months, I’ve been waiting for you.” Wangzi murmured softly.

“What do you say, I can’t hear you.” Guigui said to Wangzi.

“Oh, nothing, I mean, I get to know a girl but I don’t dare to confess to her.” Wangzi tried to change the subject.

“Ask Aaron to give you some tips, he uses a lot of effort to woo me back then.” Guigui said to Wangzi with a laugh.

“You are so confident that he will succeed in wooing you.” Wangzi teased Guigui back.

“Are you teasing me now?” Guigui said to Wangzi jokingly.

The pair had many laughter during the chat spent at swensens.

[3 days before the wedding]

“Baby, I’m going to work now. See you tonight.” Aaron said to Guigui while heading out to work.

Guigui then continue with her sleep but her sleep is soon disturbed by a phone call.

“Hello.” Guigui answered sleepily.

“Hello, I got something to show you.” The caller said sternly.

“Who are you?” Guigui asked sounding awake.

“You don’t need to know who I am; I will meet you at the Starbuck café down the street.” The caller said before hanging the phone.

“Hello, hello, hello.” Guigui called out to the caller several time.

Guigui began to ponder whether to go to meet the caller. She decided to go since it should be something harmless. She changed wearing an oversize t-shirt, jeans and boots donning a cap and a sunglass to meet the caller.

[At the Starbucks Café]

“Sorry to trouble you, Ms Wu.” The person said apologetically.

“What do you want?” Guigui asked sounding impatient.

“Nothing, I was paid to pass you this envelope.” The person said immediately.

“What’s that?” Guigui asked again.

“I don’t know. I’m done with my errand. I got to go now.” The person put the envelope on the table and then went off.

Guigui then went home to check the content of the envelope; she went up to the study room and sit at the study table. She opened the envelope cautiously, slowing taking out the stacks of photographs. The examined the pictures closely, all the pictures are Aaron and a lady taking intimate pictures. The pictures are dated a few months back. Guigui tried not to cry again. She thought that Aaron would change and stopped his flirty nature. She thought that he won’t cheat on her again. She had trust him fully already, but now, she isn’t sure if she can trust him anymore. Tears fell down her cheeks as she tried not to make any noise. She wanted to trust him and she convince herself that the pictures are all edited but she remember one morning that he did not come back home the previous day.

[Recap]

“Where did Aaron go?” Guigui thought to herself.

Just when she was about to give a call to Aaron, Aaron came home.

Guigui ran over and gave him a hug, “Where did you go yesterday? I miss you a lot.”

Aaron gave her a kiss on the lip and replied, “I stayed over at the office yesterday.”

“I was so worried about you. Why didn’t you give me a call?” Guigui asked before embracing him again.

“I was afraid that I will wake you and the baby up.” Aaron answered while her stomach.

“Silly boy, next time remember to give me a call ok?” Guigui asked again while listening to his heartbeat.

[End of Recap]

“Why did you lie to me again and again?” Guigui thought to herself.

She locked herself in the room and cry the whole day, once Aaron came back home, the maid told him that Guigui had locked herself in the room.

“Baby, I’m Aaron, open the door.” Aaron knocked on the door and called out.

The door clicked open; Aaron rushed in and asked Guigui what had happened.

Guigui turned around and asked, “Do you remember once I asked you where you go when you didn’t come home, and you said you stayed over at the office?”

“Yes. Why?” Aaron answered unaware that Guigui had pictures of Coco and him.

“You aren’t at the office. You are at someone’s house doing something.” Guigui shouted removing Aaron’s hands which were holding her at first.

“No. I’m really at the office. Trust me.” Aaron said again, lying to Guigui again.

“You knew that I hate liar, why did you lie to me.” Guigui said again sounding agitated.

“I didn’t. I’m really at the office.” Aaron tried to explain again.

“If you are at the office, how are you going to explain this picture?” Guigui said sternly to Aaron throwing the pictures onto the table.

“How do you get the pictures?” Aaron asked Guigui.

“You don’t need to know. I got my ways.” Guigui answered.

“You asked the private investigator to spy on me. You still don’t trust me.” Aaron raised his voice.

“If that’s so, then you can deem it that I ask the private investigator to spy on me.” Guigui replied coldly.

Guigui opened the door, hold onto the Lucas and carried Vickie to the main door.

“Where are you going?” Aaron shouted out.

Guigui didn’t reply nor did she turn around.

“I’m asking you a question. Where are you going?” Aaron called out sounding frustrated.