Sister Protection Squad

Half Past Eleven [MINOR REVISIONS]

 

 

Junhwe and Yunhyeong just noticed recently, but Donghyuk is very popular when it comes to their own sisters.

Maybe because Donghyuk is naturally sweet and kind-hearted? Or the fact that he's really gentle with girls? Either way, what kind of annoys them is Donghyuk's obliviousness to the whole situation.


Exhibit A:

It was Junhwe's birthday and since it's also a weekend, his family invited iKON in their home for a simple celebration.

They played video games and checked out Junhwe's music collection in his room. It was pretty crowded inside since there were seven of them, so eventually Donghyuk volunteered to help Junhwe with cleaning up their mess from the dining room. The dining table and the kitchen were already half cleaned with Junhwe's mom telling them to just go play. Being the filial son, Junhwe refused and instead told Donghyuk to go back. After Junhwe was done, he walked towards his room only to pause midway by the living room.

Donghyuk was there sitting beside his sister.

He was about to storm in when he noticed Dong was wearing his glasses while reading and pointing out things from a book in front of them. His sister was focused on the book, nodding and writing something on her notepad.

 

Junhwe rolled his eyes. He didn’t even know why his noona is consulting a high school drop-out like Donghyuk (even if said drop-out was the student council pres and had grades astronomically better than his) but well, if it’s only something like a tutoring session, why not? Dong is way smarter than him anyway.

Few days later, his sister gave him cookies wrapped in a plastic with heart designs and a combination of pink and blue ribbons around it. Junhwe was about to feel giddy when his sister told him it’s a gift for Donghyuk.

"Because he really helped me with my English lessons..." His sister shyly mumbled with red on her face.

At that point Junhwe decided to punch Donghyuk just once.


Exhibit B is similar to Exhibit A. Difference is the setting's at Yunhyeong's house where iKON went for another barbecue break.

Yunhyeong's sister apparently almost tripped inside the kitchen while bringing in some bottles of juice for the group. Donghyuk happened to pass by from using the restroom and was quick and strong enough to prevent her from falling towards the floor. He volunteered to bring all the bottles himself since "he's the man" and Yunhyeong would smack him if he left her alone.

 

Shortly after that, Yunhyeong was surprised when his sister wanted him to pass a letter for Donghyuk. She said it’s a thank you letter, but the pink tints on her cheeks and the words "Donghyuk-oppa" with heart scribbles on the scented envelope immediately made Yunhyeong suspicious. For one, why was his sister calling Donghyuk “oppa” even if she’s older than him?

 

Exhibit C, D, E and F….thankfully there is no exhibit C, D, E and F. Jiwon and Chanwoo don't have sisters. Jinhwan won’t let Donghyuk hear the end of it if he managed to charm his noona, and Hanbin’s case shouldn’t even be considered. Besides the fact that Hanbin would definitely kill Donghyuk, Kim Hanbyul’s interest in iKON only goes as far as something she identifies as “Oppa’s Friends”. Even Donghyuk maintains a certain distance with her even if he loves kids.


Long story short, Junhwe and Yunhyung ended up tag-teaming as the sister protection squad. They cornered Donghyuk at their dorm one day and demanded him to answer their questions.

Junhwe went first. "Yah, why do you think my sis gave you those cookies? I get it that you tutored her, but is it necessary for her to give you something back?"

"Eh? Isn't that proper courtesy? Though I don't really mind if noona didn't do anything." Donghyuk answered, brow raised. "She felt grateful so she did something as thanks. Heck, I even give you half my snacks whenever you help me practice."

 

Junhwe groaned since Donghyuk has a point. It is proper courtesy. Yunhyeong went next.
 

"Then how about that letter my sister gave you? What's written in there exactly?"
 

Donghyuk smiled. "Ah, Eunjin-noona thanked me for saving her from tripping and helping her with the juice bottles. She also said she'll support me in the future."
 

He gestures to the room he shares with Jinhwan.
 

"You want me to get her letter? You can read it if you want."
 

"No way, she'll kill me if I do that."
 

Yunhyeong sighed and shared a glance with Junhwe. Donghyuk was honestly confused with their sudden questions, but then something clicked in his head and everything seemed to be clear. He snickered.
 

"Are you guys worried your sisters have a crush on me?"
 

The two jerked their heads to him in surprise then started stuttering an explanation. Donghyuk laughed.
 

"Jeez, you guys are so cute I actually feel like going for one of them."
 

"Yah!! Don't you dare!!"
 

Junhwe glared while Yunhyung smacked Dong on the arm. Their reactions only made Donghyuk laugh more.
 

"Aigoo, what should I do with these two idiot brothers? Ottoke..."
 

"You're one to talk when you have a sister yourself!" Yunhyeong retorted. Dong shrugged.
 

"I do. But it looks like I treat her better than how you guys treat yours. How can the two of you just jump on conclusions like this?"
 

Before the other two could retort back, Donghyuk raised his hand with his palm facing them in a stop motion. Indeed, both of them shut up.
 

"For one, when I'm tutoring your noona Junhwe, she kept asking me about you and even told me to be patient with you since you're so blunt."
 

Junhwe tensed and blushed. "W-What?!"

 

"And Yunhyung-hyung, in your sister's letter half of it is about how she's thankful I'm there to help you with dancing and how she's proud of you and stuff."

 

"Eh?" Yunhyung blinked, also blushing.
 

Silence formed between all of them as Donghyuk amusedly watched the two brothers in their surprise. He chuckled and turned to leave them there.
 

"Next time, pay more attention to your sisters. I kind of feel sorry for them."
 

That comment made Yunhyung sigh deeply and Junhwe to scratch his head. Ok, Dong isn't as oblivious as what they thought of him.
 

Donghyuk’s right. Both of them are idiot brothers, and he's just a slightly better brother than them.

 

.

.

.

 


 

I was actually writing a side to Fire Exit Blues when I got stuck and saw this one-shot from my archive. I don't have much info regarding iKON's sisters so please forgive any inconsistencies in regards to them. Anyway, anyone down with the Fire Exit Blues side one-shot? I'm thinking of just scrapping it but if there's at least 1 person who wants to see that, I'll finish it. It's in Junhwe's POV. No promises on when to post it though. *sweatdrops*

Cheers everybody! :)