Prompt # 1: He's Mine

Half Past Eleven [MINOR REVISIONS]

 

Prompt # 1 for Ruannie

Genre: Fluff/semi-fluff, Master-servant AU
Pairing: JUNDONG FTW
Prompt/Plot: June is Dong's master and he's getting jealous bec. Dong kept praising this other guy. It's up to you who this other guy is, as long as it's jundong in the end. 

 

Lmao I don't know if this is fluffly enough but I tried my best okay? (Semi-fluff was indicated at least) As I expected, I had a lot of fun writing this so thank you, Ruannie, for this prompt! ♥ Also, I added a title for this, I hope you don't mind.

 


 

The problem with having a near perfect guy as a personal servant (god, he hates that word) is the fact that he can’t really breathe easy knowing that he’s the master (he also hates that word). Despite being stuck together since they’re 10-years-old, and having gone through all manner of incidents such as assassination attempts and the awkward years of puberty, Goo Junhwe – heir to the multi-million Shinhwa Group of Companies, still has this miniscule fear at the very deep part of his heart that Kim Donghyuk will be taken from him. Or worse, eventually leave him for some other guy he’d think is more worthy of his time.

 

Donghyuk is just that superior. Really. Donghyuk is very smart, very pretty, and very kind. Everything about him screams “no. 1” and sometimes Junhwe wonders why Donghyuk still sticks with him. He wonders, but is also grateful because without Donghyuk, he’d definitely turn out into his family’s black sheep.  

 

And Junhwe hates this master-servant connection he and Donghyuk have. He’d vowed not to use his authority since the first time they met, yet at this point – at this very moment that he watches Donghyuk laugh at whatever cheesy lame joke Jiwon “Bobby” Kim has, he’s at the verge of invoking his authority and order Donghyuk to stop paying attention to the global star rapper.

 

He’d never really feel like this against other men and women who showed interest in Donghyuk but the thing is, Bobby was once Donghyuk’s crush. (That was in 8th grade but still.) So Junhwe convinces himself that the jealousy and possessiveness he’s feeling is justified.

 

“Dude, what’s your problem? You’ve been frowning all this time." Bobby comments after glancing up at him when Yunhyeong – Bobby’s personal servant, came in bringing afternoon tea and scones. “Can’t you smile for your hyung?”

 

Junhwe upturns his lips into a smile for exactly 2 seconds before resuming to his frown. Bobby pouts and complains while Donghyuk regards him with a half-worried, half-curious look.

 

“I think he’s tired from all the project proposals he has to study today. Please excuse him, hyung.” Donghyuk says, standing up to help Yunhyeong distribute their snacks. Junhwe’s frown deepens with the word “hyung” Donghyuk used to address Bobby.

 

“So when are you going to leave?” he asks, ignoring the incredulous look Donghyuk gives him. Bobby looks more amused than offended. “Don’t you have parties to attend tonight?”

 

“I’ve been here for like, 30 minutes Junhwe! And no, no parties for me tonight. At least let me finish Yunhyeong’s scones.”

 

“Fine. After that, go back to America or somewhere else.”

 

 

--

 

 

“It’s really good to see Bobby-hyung again!” Donghyuk says as he cleans up the teacups and pastry platters used by their guest. Yunhyeong had wanted to help him with it before they go but Donghyuk insisted he could do everything himself.

 

Junhwe just grunts from the Corinthian leather couch he’s sitting on. “He’s still alive, at least.”

 

Donghyuk stops momentarily to frown a bit at him. “Geez, you could have been more welcoming, master. You’ve been sourer than usual today. Were the project proposals that complicated?”

 

“…Yeah.” Junhwe says, because he can’t bring himself to say the true reason for his bad mood. Donghyuk will surely think low of him. “And don’t call me master. You’re saying that on purpose aren’t you?”

 

“Yes, because you’ve been mean. What bad thing did Bobby-hyung ever do to you? It’s not his fault you’re having a hard time with the project proposals. And you didn’t even acknowledge Yunhyeong-hyung’s presence.”

 

‘Bobby stole your attention. That’s the bad thing he did.’ Junhwe inwardly answers, the frown on his face just getting deeper. He feels sorry for Yunhyeong but because his master is Bobby, he’s going to be ignored by extension.

 

Ugh, he feels pathetic. He’s 25, dammit, and he shouldn’t be this childish, but it’s Donghyuk and Bobby so how can he not?

 

“I’m positive you didn’t listen to what he talked about, but I think what Bobby-hyung did with the charities is really impressive. The investments he secured with that are a huge deal. I knew he’ll be a great person from the first time we met him.”

 

Donghyuk wipes the table and replaces the runner there with a new one. “And have you listened to his latest album? I really love his singing voice.”

 

See? This is what Junhwe’s been wary of.

 

He stands up and just mumbles something along the lines of “I’m tired” when Donghyuk asks him where he’s going. His “servant” suggests bringing his dinner to his suite if he wants but he declines. No food can quell the bad mood he’s in right now.

 

 

--

 

 

He comes out of his room around 11 pm feeling placated, but Bobby is inside his estate once again and Junhwe feels like punching whoever let him in. Turns out the culprit is his half angel-like-half devil-like little brother, Chanwoo.

 

“I bumped into Bobby-hyung at Winner’s party!” Chanwoo explained with a grin as Bobby wrapped an arm around his dongsaeng’s shoulder. “I invited him for a sleepover here. I hope you don’t mind hyung.”

 

Junhwe frowns then watches from his peripheral vision as Donghyuk leans forward to the two slightly drunk males on the couch to ask if they’d like some late night snacks. His eye twitches when Donghyuk smiles as soon as Bobby reached up to ruffle his hair.

 

“I thought you’re not going to any parties tonight.” He remarks so they could stop looking and talking to each other. Bobby turns his gaze to him, as expected, and grins sheepishly.

 

“That’s the plan, but Mino-hyung insisted and I can’t refuse. Been 1 whole year since I last saw them.”

 

“Then you should have stayed there instead.”

 

“Oh, come on. What’s the prob? Chanwoonie invited me here and I missed him too. I still haven’t talked properly with you as well so here I am.” Bobby glances up at Donghyuk again. “He still in a bad mood?”

 

“I’m wondering about that myself.” Donghyuk replies, giving Junhwe that look when he’s suspicious about something. Great.

 

“Fine. Stay here for the night, go have a lame pajama party with Chanwoo or whatever, then leave first thing in the morning. And you--…” He turns to face Donghyuk fully, glare and scowl in full force. “Quit fussing over these two trolls when it’s not part of your job.”

 

There’s a silence after that. Bobby and Chanwoo are both raising their brows at him while Donghyuk properly stands up, still wearing the suspicious expression on his face.

 

“Technically, it’s part of my job. Young master Chanwoo is your dongsaeng and Bobby-hyung is your guest.”

 

“No. Your job is to attend to me. Who’s your master here?”

 

The moment those words slipped out of his mouth, he regretted it. Donghyuk sighs heavily and purses his lips, shoulders slumping and eyes avoiding his. Junhwe knows that reaction. He knows that so well through all the great -ups he’s done when it comes to him.

 

“I’m sorry master. Now please excuse me. I’ll go ahead and reflect in my room so I could serve you better.” Donghyuk announces, bows down respectfully to Bobby, Chanwoo, and finally him, before turning to leave the room. Junhwe tenses as Donghyuk just passes by him, not even stopping or looking up when he starts to utter his name.

 

, now he’s done it.

 

The sound of the door closing instantly wakes up the other two who seemed to be frozen in their seats, watching everything unfold as if it’s a sequence from a movie. Bobby grimaces and Chanwoo facepalms.

 

“Hyung, what the hell is that? Are you seriously throwing tantrums because Donghyukie’s paying attention to us?”

 

“I’m not throwing tantrums!” He is, but Junhwe’s not going to admit that. “And I don’t care if he pays attention to you. Bobby’s the problem here!”

 

“Dude, what…?”

 

“Oh, now I get it.” Chanwoo cuts in with slightly wide eyes, a subtle smirk on his lips. “Basically, Junhwe-hyung here is jealous of you Bobby-hyung.”

 

“Eh?”

 

The rapper’s jaw drops while Junhwe sends The Glare to Chanwoo, who’s not affected by it. He’s so gonna ground that brat and block all his major credit cards.

 

“Seriously Junhwe?” Bobby looks like he’s preventing himself from laughing now. “Dude, my bro, you have nothing to feel jealous about. What do you take me for? What do you take Donghyuk for, of all people?”

 

Junhwe is perfectly aware of what Bobby’s trying to say and he doesn’t need that spelt right in front of him. He sighs dejectedly and turns to leave the room as well. He has some major explanations and apologies to do to the person who matters the most.

 

“Really, Junhwe. Who would even dare make moves on Donggie when he’s your—

 

 

--

 

 

“Donghyuk.” He pleads, knocking softly on Donghyuk’s door for the third time. Some of the maids passing by gave him curious looks as they greet and bow to him, but he just ignored them.

 

“Dong please, let’s talk.”

 

The door finally opens. Donghyuk stares up to him with unimpressed eyes.

 

“You should have called for me instead, master, if you want to talk. And you shouldn’t say please to a servant.”

 

The smaller male is purposely making him pissed off so he would be left alone, but Junhwe won’t give in. He lifts both his hands to hold Donghyuk’s.

 

“I’m sorry for my behavior earlier. I was…” he gulps. “I was jealous of Bobby.”

 

Donghyuk sighs as if he already knew that, then steps aside to let Junhwe in the room. He closes the door and runs a hand through his hair.

 

“I don’t get it Junhwe.” Said person felt a bit relieved when Donghyuk finally dropped the master thing and resumed calling his name again. “What’s there to be jealous about?”

 

“Well…” Junhwe lists the reasons in his head, a wince forming on his lips because they‘re all petty. “Bobby’s your crush.”

 

“…that was in 8th grade. By 9th that crush is gone.”

 

“You kept singing his praises ever since he came back here.”

 

“And what’s wrong with that, when everything he accomplished is commendable?”

 

“…you were clinging to him too much.”

 

Donghyuk waves his arms up in the air in exasperation before sighing again.

 

“Let’s make this easier.” He crosses his arms and steps closer to Junhwe.

 

“Who vowed to treat me as a person and not as an object the first time I met him, and has been doing that ever since?”

 

Junhwe blinks. “Me?”

 

“Who got into fights with other kids because they kept bullying me for my family’s business downfall?”

 

“Me.”

 

 “Who convinced the master and the mistress that sending me abroad for Harvard is a good idea?”

 

“Me.”

 

“Who accompanies me whenever I visit my parents’ graves, crying along when I break down?”

 

“…Me.”

 

Donghyuk nods, a pretend pout on his lips. “Do you think I’ll prefer to be with another person over someone like that?” He pokes Junhwe on the chest with a finger as if to give emphasis.

 

Junhwe wasn’t able to answer because he’s suddenly blushing. Okay, when presented that way to him, it looked like Donghyuk would be an absolute fool if he chooses someone else.

 

But Donghyuk still isn’t done, “Round two”, he says.

 

“Who persevered to be top of the class every time, graduate first place in Harvard, and restore his family’s honor just so he could prove to the elders and your parents that he’s worthy of their heir?”

 

“…You.”

 

“Who vowed to never leave your side, no matter what happens, even if he can stop being your servant?”

 

“You.”

 

Donghyuk nods again, smiles with a flush on his face, as he raises his left hand to show the silver and diamond band around his ring finger.

 

“And who said yes to this, when you proposed on his birthday?”

 

Junhwe blushes more, a smile also forming on his lips.

 

“You.”

 

“So who’s the one I’m clinging to now?” Donghyuk chuckles as if the question itself is silly, and it is – Junhwe finally realizes.

 

What the hell is he doing being overcome by petty jealousy, when the engagement ring he himself put on around Donghyuk’s finger is the ultimate evidence of their bond? That bond they both fought hard for so it wouldn’t be broken? Of the fact that Donghyuk is his and no one else’s?

 

Junhwe raises both his arms, hanging it around Donghyuk’s frame for a moment as if to ask permission. Donghyuk snickers then willingly steps into Junhwe’s embrace, his own arms settling around the taller male’s neck.

 

“You idiot master.”

 

“Yeah.” The master breathes in his servant’s scent, sighing contentedly like it’s the most peaceful feeling in the world. “I’m an idiot. I’m so sorry.”

 

“Say that to Bobby-hyung. I bet you haven’t apologized.”

 

“I’ll do that in the morning. Let me hold you for now.”

 

Donghyuk playfully squirms and Junhwe just tightens his grip around him, lips placing soft kisses on the smaller male’s face and neck. He laughs and welcomes each act of affection from his “master” with smiles.

 

 

--

 

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Junhwe says with a flat tone but it’s Goo Junhwe so Bobby can’t expect too much. He grins and places a hand on the younger male’s shoulder.

 

“Apology accepted, my brother. Don’t forget to look through my investment proposals.”

 

“Got it.”

 

Bobby glances at Donghyuk, grins wider and raises a hand to pat him on the head. But he stops midway to look at Junhwe as if asking if he could proceed. Junhwe just sighs while Donghyuk chuckles.

 

“It’s okay, hyung. Junhwe doesn’t mind it now since we settled the issue last night.”

 

“Okay then!” The rapper nods enthusiastically and lands his hand on Donghyuk’s head, ruffling his hair before moving to pat his shoulder.

 

“See you! I’ll come back in time for your wedding!”

 

“Please do!”

 

Donghyuk waves his hand and bows as Bobby goes in the limousine prepared for him. He and Junhwe watched the car drive away until Junhwe breaks the silence.

 

“You know, I still actually mind it.”

 

“What?”

 

“Bobby touching you.” Junhwe moves to wrap an arm around Donghyuk’s waist. “I think I won’t be able to be at ease until we’re really married, rings exchanged with the papers signed, and the wedding night spent.”

 

Donghyuk answers him by elbowing him on his side to get away and turn to step inside the mansion. Junwhe winces painfully but still manages to smirk.

 

“Is this the proper way to treat your master, babe?”

 

“Shut up and go change your clothes now. You have a meeting with Hanbin-hyung at 10 and I’m not going to substitute for you.”

 

.

.

.

 

 


 

 

Tell me what you guys think! (especially Ruannie, tell me if I did justice to your prompt *sweats nervously*)

And for my other lovely readers who managed to submit a prompt, if you have clarifications or if you want to add something, please don't hesitate to do so! Just reply on your own comment. Thanks!

See you next update! :)