Prompt # 2: I Know This Is Lame But I Love You Anyway

Half Past Eleven [MINOR REVISIONS]

 

Prompt # 2 for cchimin

Genre: Fluff, Best friends AU
Pairing: Jundong
Prompt/Plot: June carefully planning a confession for dongdong with the help of the other guys, only to end up awkwardly confessing to him out of the blue

 

I am so sorry for taking so long. Internet's been a b*tch to me these past weeks because of a storm, and I've recently started a new project at work. Anyway, this turned out longer than expected and I think less fluffy than the previous one? I'm bad at gauging stuff, hahaha... *sweatdrops*

The setting's in high school by the way. Thank you cchimin for this prompt, and tell me what you guys think (especially cchimin)!

 


 

 

“I like Donghyuk.”

 

Goo Junhwe confesses as soon as the whole squad, sans his best friend Kim Donghyuk, is settled at Jinhwan-hyung’s basement hang-out place. He is sweating and he looked like it took everything of him to say it, but his friends just continued doing whatever it is they’re doing.

 

Guys. I just said I like Donghyuk.”

 

“Yeah, everyone knows that. Why else are you two best friends?” Bobby says with eyes locked on his phone, sounds of a game at the background.

 

Junhwe frowns. He had asked Jinhwan-hyung to lend him the place, had used the tag “TOP SECRET” when he messaged them, and specifically picked a time where Donghyuk definitely won’t be available. Surely, he wouldn’t go through all the trouble just so he could tell them he likes his best bud as a friend.

 

“I like Donghyuk.”

 

“Like you just said.” Chanwoo is giving him that half-amused half-annoyed expression, and the hyungs are still ignoring him. Fine then, he’ll use the other, deeper term even if it embarasses him to say it out loud to them.

 

“I’m in love with Donghyuk.”

 

And like a switch to mechanical toys, his 5 friends looked up to him with surprised faces. He blushes more and clears his throat, about to say the real reason why he gathered them, until each of them takes their wallets out. Jinhwan-hyung smirks as they give him some bills.

 

“What is happening?”

 

“I just won a bet. I got the time frame right.”

 

“On what?”

 

“On when you’re going to stop being dense and realize you’re in love with Donghyukie.”

 

Junhwe’s face flames red again from a mixture of embarrassment and annoyance. Wow, what kind of friends!

 

“You guys are betting over me and my feelings? What the hell.”

 

“Goo Junhwe, we’ve been giving you hints since freshman year but you’re too dense.” Hanbin peeks at the contents of his wallet and sighs. “We grew tired waiting for you to open your eyes so might as well make use of it.”

 

“And you decide to bet. Thank you guys, really. I shouldn’t have called you here.”

 

“Hey, this and that are different things.” Yunhyeong cuts in with a cautious smile.

 

“You’re going to ask us to help you get together with Dongdongie right? I mean, that’s the only reason why we’re all here, after you finally admitted your feelings.”

 

Junhwe’s sure his face is red once again but at that point, he couldn’t care less about it. He’s going to have them help him (in exchange for betting over him) and they better make sure he’s going to succeed.

 

“Yup. You guys are going to help me confess to Donghyuk.”

 

 

--

 

 

Look, it’s not his fault (or that’s what Junhwe kept telling to himself) he didn’t realize right away he’s in love with his best friend all this time. “Junhwe & Donghyuk” has always been a known best bud duo since elementary school and it has never changed even after the two of them met the hyungs and had the maknae of their group. The idea of “Junhwe & Donghyuk” evolving into a romantic one hasn’t crossed his mind until sophomore year, when Donghyuk suddenly had a late puberty makeover in the summer before it, and a bunch of people - both females and males, had started crushing on Donghyuk like he’s the second Song Joong-ki.

 

Junhwe hated that. Who the hell gave them the right to be all over Donghyuk just because he became “adorably hot” (quote by fangirl A)? And how dare they get in between him and Donghyuk when it’s always been the two of them. Always.

 

The illusion in his mind had been broken, the only thought his brain processed being No, Donghyuk is his. He has liked him even when he’s scrawny and was hardly in everyone’s radar except when it’s exams time. If Donghyuk’s ever going to be with someone romantically, it must be with someone who likes him for who he is, not because he’s hot and adorable. Donghyuk should be with someone like him for example. Only with him, much to Junhwe’s enlightening shock.

 

Since then, it feels like a veil has been snatched out from in front of his eyes. His friends are right. He’s been too dense.

 

It scared Junhwe at first. What if he loses the sacred friendship he has with Donghyuk over his romantic feelings? But everyday, it’s becoming more and more difficult not to do anything when there’s always a love letter in Donghyuk’s locker, or someone asking Donghyuk out on a date. His best friend always rejects them even when each attempt becomes grander than the last. Heck, the dude from last week even gave Donghyuk the limited edition of that high fantasy novel he loves. Donghyuk might have been swooned by that if not for the fact that he already has that limited edition since last Christmas, gifted by yours truly.

 

Junhwe can’t be relieved. He feels like he’ll lose as long as he doesn’t do something. He realized he’d rather risk and be rejected, than not do anything and forever dwell on what-if’s. So what’s the most logical thing to do?

 

Junhwe knows, and that’s exactly the reason why he needs the help of their whole squad. He has absolutely no confidence doing it by himself.

 

 

--

 

 

Attempt no. 1 is suggested by their mat-hyung himself, the one with a history of 4 girlfriends from middle school to senior high under his belt. Jinhwan-hyung is currently single but his knowledge about confessions should be more than adequate for someone like Junhwe, who’s been single all this time and has never confessed his feelings.

 

So what does Kim Jinhwan suggest he do?

 

“Bring Donghyukie to the cafe. You tell him you’re gonna say something important, but you’ll say it with a latte art. I’ll do the latte and all you have to do is give it to him.”

 

“The hell, that’s so cheesy.”

 

“You have a better idea?”

 

No he doesn’t. That’s why Junhwe swallowed whatever queasy feeling he has about it and agreed with the plan. Besides, Donghyuk loves coffee so that should be a plus point. He suggested to him that they go do their homework at Jinhwan-hyung’s sis’ cafe one afternoon and offered to pay for their lattes.

 

“What’s gotten into you Junhwe?” Dong asks with a raised eyebrow as they sit down on their usual spot. “Are you treating me in advance for whatever favor you’re gonna force me to do?”

 

“What? No.” Junhwe glances at the bar and makes eye contact with their hyung. “Can’t I treat my best friend when I feel like it?”

 

Donghyuk thankfully doesn't push any further in favor of starting their Math homework. He stands up to order their usual lattes but swerves to the side counter when Jinhwan-hyung signaled him to it.

 

“So I was thinking a simple ‘I ♥ you’. What do you think?”

 

Junhwe blushes a bit. “I...I don’t know. Will he get it with the heart? What if he misunderstands?”

 

“My poor, nervous son. The meaning of a heart symbol has always been consistent throughout centuries.” Jinhwan chuckles.

 

“It’s not funny hyung!”

 

“Ok, sorry.” the hyung grins. “Don’t worry, you got this. I’ll even place a cover so it’ll be more of a surprise. I’ll buzz you up when it’s done.”

 

“Thanks hyung.”

 

That should have been a foolproof plan. Like Jinhwan said, no one can misunderstand a freaking heart in between the words I and You. He could just repeat the same thing with his own mouth if Donghyuk wouldn’t believe it. The only problem he’ll have is Donghyuk’s answer. That’s the biggest, most terrifying aspect in what he’s trying to pull off.

 

But he didn’t even get to that part because when he took off the cover from the cup to show Donghyuk what he wants to say, it’s not what he’s expecting.

 

“Congrats?” Donghyuk repeats the word with a confused expression. Junhwe just blanks out.

 

“What?”

 

“You tell me. Why are you congratulating me?”

 

“I dun-

 

“Oh wait, is this about the essay contest I entered? It’s too early, man! The result’s gonna come out on Thursday!” Donghyuk is laughing and Junhwe tries to laugh along. He’s still confused.

 

Then a girl from a table near the entrance screams, jumps out of her seat and pulls the guy across her for a hug. Both he and Donghyuk look on with some of the other customers. “Oh my god I love you too!!” she says. She follows it with “This is the best SAT pass gift ever!”

 

The guy looks so confused throughout it all and that’s when Junhwe gets it. Their lattes have been ing switched, dammit. He should have checked the lattes as soon as he got them!

 

“Wow, good for him that it turned out well.” Donghyuk remarks with a genuinely impressed look, causing Junhwe to feel even more pissed off at the situation.

 

“Anyway, thanks for this Junhwe! Now I feel like I’ll really win that contest!”

 

Then Donghyuk shows him that super cute and sunny smile he does when he’s really happy, which quickly melts off the frustration building inside him. Well… at least he made his Donggie smile like that (and he had dodged a potentially embarrassing situation with the switch-up. What if the latte art was a or some girly flower ?)

 

“No prob. You’re gonna nail that contest, I’m telling you.”

 

Donghyuk nods enthusiastically before going back to Math again. Junhwe looks at the bar to see Jinhwan-hyung scolding and smacking the newest part-timer in the cafe. His hyung turns and locks gazes with him for a second before making the apology gesture with his hands. Junhwe just sighs and opens his textbook to start his Math too.

 

Attempt no. 1: FAIL

 

 

--

 

 

Attempt no. 2 is more subtle but if the direct one with Jinhwan-hyung didn’t work, maybe subtlety will.

 

“Here. I won these at the supermarket lottery last month.” Yunhyeong-hyung says excitedly as he slaps two movie passes on his palm.

 

“Let Donghyukie pick the movie he wants then when the timing’s right, hold his hand and wrap an around around his shoulder. He’s smart so he’ll definitely get it!”

 

Ok, but aside from gathering enough courage to pull that off, how will Junhwe know if the timing’s already right? He asked that but his hyung told him he’ll know it himself. The hell with that.

 

It’s a good thing though that Dong had indeed won that essay contest. It’s the perfect excuse for the movies so Donghyuk agreed to come with him without any questions. What he didn’t expect was that Dong would pick a freaking horror movie of all things.

 

“You said I could choose Junhwe.” Dong tells him with that mischievous smirk he finds annoying (and oddly hot, but he won’t delve into that for now). “Come on, you’re a big boy now.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

How the hell will he find the “right timing” with a freaking horror movie and with Donghyuk being one of those people who finds the genre interesting rather than scary? That’s not counting the fact that Junhwe hates horror movies. Yes, he finds them frightening even now when he’s already a “big boy”.

 

He would have slugged Kim Donghyuk if he’s not so in love with him and is trying to confess.

 

And as expected, nothing happened. If Donghyuk isn’t reporting plot holes to him in whispers, he’s holding back laughter when he almost jumps in his seat at every scare. Junhwe’s in no disposition to think of attempting to hold hands.

 

Attempt no. 2: SUPER FAIL

 

But Donghyuk treated him to his favorite ddeokbokki place right after so there’s that. Wait.

 

Why didn’t he attempt anything then? Ugh!

 

 

--

 

 

Hanbin is one of the traditional romantic types so Junhwe isn’t that surprised when what he suggested for attempt no. 3 was a love letter - or a love poem to be exact.

 

“Yeah it’s cheesy but it still gives the feels. At least a poem is more stylistic than a full-blown letter, and written words will sink in more than spoken ones.” Hanbin says before shoving a parchment paper and a lettering pen to him.

 

“The hell are these?”

 

“It’s called A+ effort. No one can ignore a handwritten message on a specialty paper. Not even Donghyuk. It’s romantic.”

 

“And disgustingly cheesy.”

 

“We’ve already established that and yet you’re still listening.”

 

Yeah, he still is. What has Kim Donghyuk done to him?

 

He clicks his tongue and tries to ignore the redness on his face. Hanbin grins teasingly at him as he reluctantly accepts the paper and the pen. That night, he pulls out what’s left of the poem-making knowledge he has in 6th grade and manages to whip out 3 stanzas of probably the most pathetically cheesy poem in confession history. At least his feelings are sincere.

 

“Here.” he shoves the enveloped parchment paper to Donghyuk after two days of gathering his wits to actually give it.

 

“What’s this?”

 

“A poem.” he stops Donghyuk when he starts opening it. “Read it later when you’re alone.”

 

He coughs in an attempt to calm down inside. His best friend regards him with a 3-second stare before carefully placing the envelope in his file folder.

 

“Did you actually write it?”

 

“Yeah. I’m serious about it.” Junhwe hopes his face isn’t as red as what he imagines it to be in that moment. “Tell me what you think ok?”

 

Donghyuk nods at him and even gives him a thumbs-up.

 

Junhwe thought it would take more than a day for his answer, but then Donghyuk approaches him the very next day before his morning basketball practice, wearing an alarmingly sheepish expression on his face.

 

Oh god, did he mess up? Was it too cheesy?

 

“I’m sorry Junhwe…” Dong says in a softer than normal voice as he gives him back the envelope.

 

. . .

 

“I gave it some serious thought too since you said you’re serious about it.”

 

Junhwe wants to cover his ears because he’s going to be rejected.

 

“That’s why I didn’t hold back. I noted and wrote down all the corrections.”

 

Huh?

 

He blinks and Donghyuk blinks back. What is he talking about?

 

Junhwe looks down at the envelope and contemplates for a moment before opening it to pull out the same parchment paper, this time with a neatly torn off notebook page attached to it. He unfolds it and is greeted with a copy of his poem with red lines, circles, and arrows on a number of words and phrases. Notes were written at the edges.

 

It’s a ing grammar and spelling check.

 

“I did my best to point out what’s needed to be changed, but it’s a really nice poem Junhwe. I knew you had it in you!” Donghyuk says with a couple of nods and a pat on his shoulder as if to either encourage or comfort him. Or both.

 

He’s still a bit confused. How the hell did his confession attempt end up being a grammar lesson?!

 

“It’s for you Donghyuk!” he says in exasperation. Donghyuk just blinks at him again.

 

“Yeah. You gave it to me so I could check it right? The deadline’s tomorrow after all. I’m glad you put real effort in it. The parchment paper’s a nice touch.”

 

Ok, what?

 

Then suddenly, it clicks. It’s Literature class and their homework that he freaking forgot -- oh my god how could he let that slip pass his mind?! But that’s still quite a jump from his real intentions. How could Donghyuk mistake it for Lit class when he specifically wrote the poem’s dedicated to him on the envelope and on the parchment itself?

 

...Wait. Did he really?

 

He gulps and checks the parchment paper, then the envelope, and both of them slaps him with nothing. What kind of idiocy. The ground can go swallow him any moment now.

 

“Actually, yours gave me an idea about mine.” Donghyuk says as he holds his chin in a thinking position. “Maybe I should write my poem using coffee stains? It could give the rustic feeling I want.”

 

Junhwe sighs long and hard.

 

Attempt no. 3: The world, the heavens, and the nine circles of hell all hate him.

 

The only condolence he has is the A+ he received after submitting the damned poem (after applying the corrections made by Donghyuk). Still, who cares about a high grade if he can’t properly convey his feelings?

 

 

--

 

 

Attempt no. 4 can’t be even called an attempt. It’s just Bobby telling him to corner Donghyuk in a hallway, kiss him straight on the mouth, and ask him out.

 

“You can’t go wrong with that man.” Bobby tells him over the phone after he found out about the love poem fail. “It’s straight-to-the-point, precise and not cheesy. Perfect for you.”

 

Yeah. Except that there’s at least 2 douchebags who tried and failed with that method since the start of the year (thankfully Donghyuk has fast reflexes to avoid any lip-locking), and Junhwe’s not about to try the same. Besides, even if there are no people trying that, he doesn’t have the guts to be that upfront either. If he did, he wouldn’t be asking for help. Add the fact that he lost most of his pride from that poem attempt, confessing aggressively is out of the question.

 

He tells Bobby that and his hyung didn’t insist on it. He didn’t stop saying ridiculous suggestions though.

 

“Then how about you try that love message thing again, but this time with pizza? Like, there’ll be pepperonis forming the words. Or instead of pepperonis, it’ll be jellybeans! No one’s ever done that before!”

 

And there’s a reason why no one dared to do it except for pranking purposes. He flatly thanks his hyung for his oh so helpful suggestions before hanging up. Seconds later, Bobby texts him with a follow-up.

 

“At least try something like that Junhwe! You never know!”

 

Junhwe will never know because he won’t risk his chances for something as lame as a pizza-jellybean combination. No thank you to that.

 

The real attempt no. 4 is thanks to Jung Chanwoo - their not-so-secret evil freshman maknae. He had snorted and laughed when Junhwe told him what Bobby suggested he do.

 

“Bobby-hyung doesn’t know what he’s talking about.” Chanwoo tells him as if he knows better, making Junhwe curious to what he’s about to say.

 

“You want a real suave but sweet confession hyung? Buy couple rings. It doesn’t have to be the expensive type, but decent enough to show you’re serious. Wear yours, show it to Donghyuk-hyung, then give him his. You don’t have to say anything. He’ll definitely get what you’re trying to say since no two best buds would dare wear couple rings. Couple shirts, maybe. But rings? No way.”

 

Huh. That’s...actually not bad at all. It’s way better than the jellybeans-on-pizza message.

 

Chanwoo pauses to give him a rather serious look. “If he feels the same way, he’ll wear it. If he doesn’t...well, he’ll return it you, apologize and hopefully, you two can continue to be best friends.”

 

Junhwe doesn’t like the ominous feeling Chanwoo purposely added at the end, so he elbows the kid on the side. The maknae just grins at him and tells him to do his best. The way he acts is somewhat irritating, but Junhwe just lets him off.

 

 

--

 

 

Come weekend, Junhwe takes what’s left of his allowance savings (it’s for a new pair of sneakers, but Donghyuk is more important) and heads downtown to see what he could manage to buy. He goes to the first jewelry store he sees and peeks at the prices. He mentally does a fist pump at the slashed down prices for the couple rings. The designs weren’t the glittery stuff either so he and Donghyuk won’t be ashamed to wear them.

 

Gosh, he’s already assuming. He just hopes he’ll be able to reach the actual point of confessing because so far, fate’s been screwing him over. For example, Kim Donghyuk going inside the same store with an amused grin at him as he approaches.

 

At that point, Junhwe shouldn’t be surprised any longer but he still freezes and panics internally because it’s really freaking Donghyuk walking towards him.

 

“Dude! I was at the bookstore across the street when I saw you in here from the windows.” Donghyuk explains with a laugh before clapping a hand on his shoulder. “Why didn’t you tell me you’re going out today? We could have gone together.”

 

Because he’s looking for couple rings he’ll use to confess. It’s supposed to be a surprise and the recipient himself is about to ruin it.

 

“What are you doing here by the way?” Dong glances down at the rings display, causing Junhwe to panic again. There’s no way he could just tell the truth right then and there.

 

“I uhh..” he clears his throat, mentally screaming at himself to come up with a legit excuse. “I was here to...look for a gift for my sis. Yeah, that’s it.”

 

“A gift?” Dong blinks at him. “Is there a special occasion? Her birthday’s already passed.”

 

Is it? . He forces himself to think of a reason until he sees a group of college noonas passing by the store.

 

“It’s because she passed a major exam. I want to congratulate her with... something. You know.” Ugh, can he just shut up? He sounded idiotic. But Donghyuk seemed to not notice because he grins at him again and tells him how sweet he is for thinking of his sis.

 

“I’m sure Yejin-noona will be touched! It’s so rare for you to celebrate something that’s not a birthday.” Junhwe cringes. He’d like to deny but it’s true.

 

“So, did you find anything yet? Let me help you!”

 

Oh .

 

“There’s no need! I was just checking out stuff for now.” he tries to pull Donghyuk towards the glass doors but he smoothly swerves, locks his hand around his arm, and pulls him back. Damn those reflexes.

 

“Jeez, you already have the time now so why postpone it? Noona’s coming back tomorrow right?”

 

Yeah, that’s right. His sis is indeed coming home the next day. Why is the world so cooperative when it’s unnecessary?!

 

Junhwe gives up and let Donghyuk pull him to the bracelet and earring display. From that point on, it’s already a blur of Donghyuk pointing to this and that and him just shrugging and grumbling. The end result is the two of them walking home together and half of his month’s allowance spent on fraud. What the hell.

 

He’s pretty sure he’s on the verge of tears now. There goes his 4th and most likely final attempt. Should he give up? Or maybe try that jellybean pizza? no.

 

But he can’t give up. Not without actually telling Donghyuk what he feels. The only reason why he should give up is when Donghyuk tells him he’s not interested.

 

“Junhwe, are you alright?” His best friend asks as he looks up to him with worried eyes. “You look teary-eyed…”

 

Ah, screw it.

 

“I’m in love with you and I want to ing cry ‘cause I’ve tried telling you but I always fail and now I even wasted money on a bracelet when it should have been for our couple rings. .”

 

A pause.

 

“Oh.”

 

Yeah, “oh” indeed. He just went and said the lamest confession of all time. Donghyuk can laugh any moment now, or smack him because he deserves it.

 

“So this is the reason why you’ve been weird recently. I’m in love with you too, and we can have the bracelet replaced as long as we have the receipt.”

 

“Ah, really? That’s convenient. Wait, what?”

 

What? Did Donghyuk just…--

 

He stops walking and pulls Donghyuk towards an alley. A street cat on top of the black garbage bags hisses at their disturbance.

 

“Dude, you just said you love me too!”

 

“Yeah, I did.” Donghyuk nods, red decorating his cheeks as he gives out a small smile.

 

Junhwe gulps, warmth also coloring his face. “But why?”

 

Why? What kind of question is that?”

 

“I dunno! Why are you telling me you love me back just like that?”

 

“Because you told me just like that.”

 

“But that was so lame!”

 

“So? You told me you’re in love with me and I told you I feel the same way! Everything else shouldn’t matter.” There’s a pause as Donghyuk narrows his eyes. “Unless...this is all a cruel prank?”

 

Junhwe gapes. "What, no! I’m serious here! I’m really, truly, in love with you. If you want proof, you can ask Chanwoo and the hyungs. They’ll gladly tell you how desperate I was.”

 

“You have no reason to be desperate. I’ve always liked you more than I should since the very start.”

 

“Yeah? Well even if I don’t know how long I’ve liked you, I’m sure I love you more than you love me!” Junhwe blinks and lets out a grimace as he realizes what he just said. “Wait, why am I retorting?”

 

Donghyuk face palms while he blushes more. He scratches his cheek and feels more embarassed when Dong sighs.

 

“This is stupid.”

 

“Yeah, I feel really stupid right now.”

 

“You, me, and this conversation actually.” Donghyuk smirks. “You’re an idiot because all you have to do is to just tell me, and I’m an idiot for thinking I have no chance with you and for not paying close enough attention.”

 

“Well, they did say birds of the same feather stick together.” Junhwe awkwardly jokes. Donghyuk pouts and lightly kicks him on the shin.

 

“There’s that, but you could have chosen a more proper place to confess you know? Or is this your idea of a unique confession? I mean, we’re having this talk beside a garbage bin in a dark alley.” he snorts and points at the cat watching them. “Look, even the cat doesn’t approve. The way it’s glaring at you…”

 

Junhwe knows Dong is trying to humor him but he can’t bring himself to go along because he really did want to tell his feelings in a positively unique and memorable way. Donghyuk deserves no less, but the fact still remains. He got too caught up with the details and one-upping his rivals when all it takes is to just freaking say it and have a proper conversation about it. No matter how difficult it is to send the message across.

 

“I’m sorry Dong.” he sighs and tentatively reaches to hold Dong’s hand. Thankfully, Donghyuk reciprocates it. “I just want to show how serious I am, and I guess I got too worked up when you keep rejecting one confession after another from other people.”

 

“That’s because they’re not you! Of course I’ll reject them. Who cares about love letters or chocolates if they’re not Goo Junhwe?”

 

Junhwe blushes more as Donghyuk laughs, still holding his hand. Ah really, why didn’t he realize right away and say his feelings sooner? All that time he wasted…

 

Well, that doesn’t matter now. He’ll gladly go through all of the lame and cheesy stuff (and even try Bobby’s jelly beans-pizza thing) a hundred times if it means hearing Donghyuk say he loves him too each time.

 

“So.” Junhwe steps closer and lets go of Donghyuk’s hand in favor of wrapping an arm around his waist. “Does this mean we're official?”

 

“I guess so.”

 

“Can I kiss you now? Even if there’s a smelly garbage bin beside us and a y cat watching?"

 

His boyfriend ( yes!) laughs again then gives him the most adorable smile in human existence.

 

“Yes please.”

 

 

--

 

 

“We’re officially a couple now.”

 

Junhwe announces with pride as he and Donghyuk show the matching rings they wear (thankfully the store allowed them to have the bracelet replaced by something else). Their friends stare at them then instead of celebrating, 4 out of the 5 sighs and grudgingly takes their wallets out.

 

“I see the couple rings~!” Chanwoo says giddily as he accepts the bills from his hyungs. Junhwe gapes in exasperation.

 

“You guys freaking betted over me again.”

 

“Hey, it’s still a win-win. You got Donghyuk-hyung and I got extra cash for the whole month.”

 

As if that would help! He’s about to retort again when Donghyuk releases his hand and crosses his arms on his chest.

 

“What exactly did you guys bet over this time?”

 

The hyungs glance at each other before Yunhyeong answers. Chanwoo’s too happy about his cash to care.

 

“Uhh… we betted on whose method can get Junhwe to confess successfully.”

 

“Then no one won because Junhwe confessed on his own. We got these couple rings after he confessed.”

 

“What?!”

 

Everyone looks on as Donghyuk smiles serenely and approaches a surprised Chanwoo. He cheekily takes the money, counts the bills and goes back to give them to Junhwe.

 

“But if we’re being technical, Junhwe should be the one winning because he helped himself to confess to me.”

 

Silence.

 

The hyungs roar with laughter while Chanwoo takes some time to realize what just happened. He tries reasoning that Junhwe isn’t even a part of the betting pool but nope, everyone is too amused that he’s been outdone by Donghyuk.

 

Junhwe laughs and presses a kiss on Donghyuk’s cheek - who playfully moves his head away while sticking his tongue out.

 

“My boyfriend’s the best!”

 

"Eww, not here! Get a room!"

 

.

.

.

 


 

I once tried a jelly beans pizza and it's definitely NOT a pleasant experience. I still regret it to this day.

Anyway, I hope dear cchimin and you guys liked this! See you soon. :)