Clearing the Air

Crossroad Lovers

"Taemin ",Taemin heard someone call to him. He just ignored it and and covered his whole body with the blanket. He had a massive headache due to last nights drinking.

"Do you have a hangover?", he heard someone ask, "Here have some water."

Taemin remain under the blanket, he felt disgusted at himself, "I shouldn't have drank that much."

"I tried to stop you.", he heard the voice much closer this time.

Taemin finally sat up a bit shock that he wasn't home. As he looked around he recognize the place. "It's Onews house", he told himself feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Cereal? Fruit?", he recognize the voice, it was Onew.

"I'm so sorry!", Taemin said getting off the couch, he soon sat back down feeling a bit dizzy.

"Here drink some water", Onew handed him a bottle, "What would you like for breakfast?"

"I'm fine thanks.", he said finally managing to stand, "I'm going to head home. Again sorry for everything."

"You are not going anywhere", Onew said grabbing him by the shoulder, pushing him towards the kitchen, "I'll slice some fruits for you, then we could finish your tutoring."

"Thank you.", he responded as he quietly sat holding his head.

Onew placed some water bottles and a plate with various fruits in front of Taemin, "Take this pill once you have something in your stomach, it would help with the headache."

"Thank you for letting me spent the night", he said gulping a whole bottle of water down,"If my parents saw me like this,I've would've been in trouble."

"So how much more did you and Jonghyun drink?", he asked.

"I drank with Jonghyun?", he asked not remembering what happened after he left the club.

"You both drank all those bottles over there.", Taemin looked in the direction where Onew's was pointing. He saw spirit, wine,and beer cans all over the kitchen counter.

"If don't remember", he admitted, "You didn't drink with us?"

"No, I didn't feel like drinking after we left the club.", he answered.

"Oh, do you want some fruit?", he offered noticing Onew wasn't eating a thing.

"I'm good,", he smiled, "We should get to work soon though I have class in three hours. Do you feel well enough to study?"

"Yes I'm good. I feel much better", he said eating some fruit, "I left my books at home though."

"That's not a problem", he said as he walked out of the room.

"Morning!", Jonghyun yelled making Taemin hold his head.

"Fun night! Right?", he teased.

Taemin nodded and burped, "Excuse me, how can you be okay?"

Jonghyun grabbed a water bottle, "You over drank"

"And whose fault do you think that is?", Onew said entering the kitchen with a pile of papers.

"Well I'll take responsibility for only half.", he replied, "The headache will soon pass. What is important is that we all had fun."

"Taemin isn't having fun right now.",Onew retorted, "last time we go to a club on a school night."

"I'm okay, my headache is practically gone", he replied.

"You see he's fine.", Jonghyun sat between Onew and Taemin,"Take a look at these."

Taemin gasps as he saw the images and video from last night, he blushed feeling a bit embarrassed. He couldn't believe how bold he was, how close he got to Onew last night."The headache was so worth it.", he thought to himself.

"You didn't post those anywhere did you?", Onew asked.

"Of course not, I'll forward them to you and Taemin later.",  he replied as he stood and walked towards the door."Have fun studying.", he said as he left.

"I printed out some practice problems, try your best to figure them out. Then we'll do them together.", Onew said as he handed Taemin the papers and went back to his computer.

"If your busy we could do it later.", he told Onew as he saw him quite concentrated on the screen in front of him.

"No, I don't have class till four today",he replied as he continued typing, "What time do you have class today?"

"Two,", Taemin replied going back to his practice problems.

Two hours later, Taemin finished his practice problems and Onew corrected them. Explaining to him and showing him how and why he got those problems wrong.

"Well I think we are done for today.",Onew informed him as he wrote his phone number in one of the practice sheets, "If you get stuck or need help call me or text me at any time.

Taemin nodded taking the sheet,folding it and placing it on his pocket. He soon helped Onew clean the kitchen table.

"Thank you.", Onew said as he washed the dishes.

Taemin placed his fruit plate on the sink, "Onew are you and Key dating?"

Onew drop the plate in the sink causing it to shatter, "No, we are just friends, you two should meet, You'll get along."

"Ah huh, maybe", Taemin responded not really knowing what to say. "He really is clueless", Taemin thought to himself referring to what Jjong told him last night. "Thanks for the help, I'll call you if I need any help.", Taemin wanted Onew to know that he liked him. He quickly plated a kiss on Onew lips. Onew just stood there in what seem like a state of shock, "I'll call you tonight." he stated as he left, not looking back to see Onew's reaction.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Amber and Jonhyun laid cuddled up on the couch together as they watched a movie. "So what were you up to last night?"

"Not much," he replied not really wanting to tell Amber, knowing more than likley she would get mad at his action from last night.

Amber sat up as she made some distance between them, "Jonghyun what did you do?"

"Nothing bad I swear", he replied, "So what did you and Luna talk about last night?"

"We just saw some T.V. and talked, she said she is finally ready to see Onew again", she commented.

"That's great! Onew will be happy about that", he replied as he changed the channel to wait for the soccer game to start.

"So what did you do last night?", she asked once more, "Come on telling me or I'll just ask Onew."

Jonghyun sighed in defeat, "Onew was tutoring this guy name Taemin. I could tell Taemin was interested in Onew, so I took them to a dance club."

"What have I told you about getting involved", she said, "When Onew is ready he will start on his own."

"Taemin is a great guy for Onew, I know you'll like him when you meet him", he said defending his actions.

"I'm sure I will but its Onew choice not yours.", she punched him on the shoulder," Besides it was a school night."

"I know but finals are coming and", Jonghyun stopped talking as he saw Amber glare at him. " That's no excuse, not more clubs at a school night promise."

"So did you dance with any girls? Did you drink?", she questioned him.

"I didn't drink, or dance with any girls". he replied loving the fact that Amber was a bit jealous. Jonghyun took out his phone and and gave it to Amber, to show her the pictures and video from last night.

"Wow this Taemin guy is really a pretty boy", she commented.

"Yes I know, he confessed to me about liking Onew", he responded, "I want to help him get with Onew."

"What did I say about getting involved.", she said returning the phone, "What about Key? Onew seemed interested in him."

"he was at the club last night.", he replied, "He was all over Onew. It look like he owned him, you should have seen how he looked at Onew. It was pure lust, he will wreck Onew. He not good for him."

"You don't know that, besides its Onew choice not yours. If he likes Key and gets with him you need to accept it.", she said as she got up to get a bowl of potato ships, "Order the pizza, the game is about to start and I'm getting hungry."

Jonghyun ordered the pizza online, "It'll get here in like thirty minutes."

Amber gave Jonghyun a peck on the lips," Thank you."

"I just want Onew to be happy, if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have been together.", he said as he ate some chips, "Key is like a lion trying to devour a defenseless Gazelle."

"Onew is not a gazelle.", she laughed, "I want him to be happy too and if its with Key you need to accept it and support him. By the way I'm inviting this Key guy to Onew's surprise party."

"You can't Taemin is going to be there.", he said, "We can't let the gazelle get eaten by the lion. I'm not inviting him or helping you to invite him."

"I don't need your help, but you better get it through your head that he is coming.", she replied."And don't get involved.", she said as she pulled his ear and the kissed him on the cheek.

"I won't get involved.", he sighed in defeat knowing amber was right.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

When Onew entered his home he was welcome by Jonghyun and Amber's screams of celebration. "Did they score?", Onew rushed towards the living room to get a better look at the screen. Amber and Jonghyun nodded in sync not taking their eyes off the screen.

"Yo Onew thanks for helping me with my project, I got a passing grade.", she said as they high five each other, "Would you like some pizza?".

"No thanks I'm going to have dinner with Key tonight.", he said as headed towards his room.

"Why are you having dinner with Key? When you can have delicious pizza here.", he said as he tried to force Onew to eat a pizza.

"Jjong stop", Onew said as he took a small bite, "Why shouldn't I go eat with Key?"

"Well for starters he is like a lion,", Jonghyun managed to say before Amber hit him.

"Are you two hiding something?", he questioned his friends odd behavior.

"No, so is Key picking you up?"Amber asked as Jonghyun pouted and mumbled to himself.

"No we are meeting at Main Street and taking a cab.", he replied, "What this about Key being a lion."

"Forget about that.", she replied, "You should take Jjong's car we aren't   using it tonight."

"Is that okay?", he asked.

"Sure is right Jonghyun.", she replied.

"Sure is.", Jonghyun replied as Amber elbowed him.

"Thanks.", Onew laughed at Amber and Jonghyun interaction, "Thank you both."

Onew went into his room and quickly got ready, he wanted to catch the last part of the soccer match. Before exiting his room he check himself in the mirror once more, "Decent enough." ."Did it end?", Onew said sitting at the other couch.

"No, they are going into penalties.", Jonghyun replied, "You clean up nice for your date."

"It's not a date.", Onew said.

"Then what will you call it?", Jonghyun asked, "It isn't just hanging out. You two were quite close at the club."

"We were just dancing that's all.", he defended himself. Knowing if Jonghyun hadn't stopped him last night, that night would have ended quite differently.

"Is there something between you and Key?", Amber asked.

"No just friends", he replied questioning his own answer.

"What about Taemin?", Jonghyun asked.

"Just friends", he responded remembering the kiss from the morning, "I think."

"So do you like Taemin?",Jonghyun as making Onew nervous. "If so why are you going on a date with Key?".

"I'm just friends with both of them that's it.", he replied knowing that he had to make it clear to both Taemin and Key, that all he wanted was their friendship.

"Do you find either one attractive?", Amber joined the questioning.

"Well yeah they are both have their charms.",he replied regretting it a moment later.

"Like?",Amber insisted.

"Well Taemin is pretty, understanding, fun and easy going. On the other hand Key is Handsomely flawless, eccentric, unique, and has a strong personality. They are both very different.", he admitted.

"So both are a possibility?", he asked.

"Do you like them both." she added.

"No,  we are just friends.",he said as he grabbed Jonghyun car keys, "I have to go."

"You're not going to see the penalties?", he asked.

"Nah, I need to go. Thanks again.", he said as he exited his house.

As he drove towards Main Street to meet Key he questioned himself whether or not this was actually a date. "I'm I interested in both of them?", he asked himself as he parked the car. He got off the car and sat at a bench as he waited for Key. Onew sighed as he tried to figure out his feelings.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Are you thinking about me?", Key asked as he approached, what seemed to be a very pensive Jinki. Onew jumped and looked startled which cause Key to laugh. "I didn't mean to scare you.", he said taking a seat beside him.

"It it it...It's okay.", Onew stuttered.

"Its there something on your mind?" Key asked putting his hand on Onew shoulder.

Onew blushed and quickly stood up. "Let's go!"

"Alright let me just call a cab.",Key said taking out his phone.

"No need Jjong let me borrow his car.", Onew said as he began to walk key following him close behind. Onew pressed the button to unlock the car.

Key was impressed at Jonghyun car it was the lastest model and it was very well kept, "It was really nice of him to let us borrow his car."

Onew nodded as he began to drive towards the restaurant. Key caught Onew glancing at him a couple of times, "Do you want to ask me something?"

"Well um is this a date?", Onew asked with a nervous giggled.

"I thought it was, do you not want it to be?", he replied fearing the answer. "Did you just asked me out to dinner to pay me back for last time?"

"No!", Onew said parking the car, "I really wanted to see you."

"Then this is definitely a date.", he smiled figuring out this was the perfect time to ask. "Onew do you like Taemin? Where you on a date with Taemin that night at the club?"

"To be honest I don't dislike him,"he replied, "I don't think we should be talking about this."

"I have the right to know, I want to see were I stand.", Key insisted.

"Well yesterday wasn't a date. I was tutoring him and well Jonghyun invited us to the club, if Jjong wasn't there and you didn't show up. Then I would have considered it a date.", he answered.

"Did something happened between you two last night?", he asked.

"I don't think we should talk about this right now.",he answered.

"I know I have not right to ask and you don't have to answer," he sighed, "But I really need to know this.

"I spend last night talking to you, but this morning he kissed me". he admitted.

Key felt a bit jealous but brushed it off, "Thank you for being honest with me. Let's go have dinner."

Throughout dinner Key couldn't stop thinking about Taemin kissing Onew, it affected him. He hoped Jinki hadn't noticed, but the awkward look at his face said under wise. After Onew payed for their meal they sat in silence in the car.

"Do you want me to take you home?", Onew asked turning on the car.

"No.", he replied not wanting to let the date end like this. "Do you want to go to the state fair?"

"Yes. That sounds like fun.", he replied with a smile on his face.Key smiled back putting a hand on Onew lap as he drove.

They shared some cotton candy and got on a few rides. "Let's get on that roller coaster next.", Onew said.

"I don't really like roller coasters.", he admiited.

"It'll be fun come on!", Onew said as he dragged Key towards the ride.

Key began to feel anxious as he waited in line, he kept playing with his hands. Quietly whining and sighing. Key was shocked and pleased when Onew grabbed his hand. A sense of calmness over took him, he felt protected.

"It's going to be fine", he assured him, "We will go to whatever ride you want next, I promise."

"Really?", Key asked. Onew nodded as they both got in their seats.

"Did we have to ride at the very front?", Key whined as he got anxious.

Onew laughed and tightly held Key's hand. As they began to move Key tightly shut his eyes. As soon as the roller coaster hit its peak Key screamed letting go of Onew's hand and covering his eyes. He could hear Onew laugh and excitedly scream. Key began to tear up,"It's it almost done?". As soon as he said that they reached another peak. "No no no", Key whined. As they went down Key felt Onew's arm around him, it was comforting. As the ride came to a complete stop Onew wiped the tears out of Key's face,"Thank you."

"What ride do you want to go on next?", Onew asked as they got of the ride and viewed their picture.

"Lets go to the waterfall logs", Key said as he purchased two copies of their roller coaster picture, "Here."

"Thank you.", Onew said as he opened the folder  to stare at the picture.

The smile on Onew face made Key happy, he held on to his hand as they walked to the waterfall logs. It was finally their turn at the Logs, Onew sat down first and Key sat down second in between his legs. As the ride started and they began to go up, Onew wrapped his arm around Key. Key put his hands on Onew's legs softly them. Once they reached the peak they smiled for the picture and went down. Key also bought that picture and gave another one to Onew. They were both soaking wet, Key could see Onew's tone body under the now wet see through white shirt. He blushed at the sight and grabbed Onew hand as they walked around the fair, to get dry.

After the fair closed Onew drove Key to the dorms, "We should do this again.", Key said.

"Yes it was fun.", Onew said turning of the car, as he undid he seat belt.

As Onew was about to get out of the car Key stopped him, "Wait!" Key undid his seat belt and leaned in giving Onew a peck on the lips. Key smirked and slightly blushed. What Onew did next both shocked and pleased Key. Onew leaned in cupping Key's cheeks and kissed him again. Their tongues brush against each other, Key put his hands on Onew's hair, as the kiss became more heated. Onew broke the kiss, catching his breath. Key sat there as he slightly touching his lips missing Onew's heat, "Thank you for tonight. Bye"

"Have a goodnight.", he responded as Key exited the car.

Key walked towards his dorm room with a smile on his face.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Minho beat Sehun in the Fifa game for the twelfth time that night. "Let's go hang out with Kai.", Minho said turning off the game.

"I almost had you.", Sehun protested.

"No you didn't.", he laughed, "Come on lets go."

Sehun got up and stretched, "I knew you and Kai would get along."

"Yeah he's fun.", Minho admitted as they exited his dorm room. Sehun and Minho discussed the soccer match from earlier in the day as they walked to Sehun's and Kai's dorm room.

"Taemin?", Minho said as he spotted him exiting his friend dorm room.

"Minho how are you?", he asked.

"Good and you?",Minho asked not really wanting to know. He was mad at Taemin for spending the night with Onew.

"Same,", Taemin smiled, "This is my friend Krystal. Krystal this is Minho.

"Nice to meet you.", she bowed and smiled.

"So I finally get to meet Taemin and Krystal.", Sehun said, "I'm Sehun Kai's roommate."

"About time we got to meet you Sehun.", Krystal said as she bowed, Taemin did the same.

"Taemin may we talk in private?", Minho said grabbing Taemin hand and pulling him to a quieter place.

"What's the matter Minho?", Taemin said yanking his hand away from Minho's grasp.

"Tell me you didn't spend the night at Onew's place.", he demanded to know.

"Who told you? And yes I did spend the night.", he admitted causing Minho extreme jealousy. "It was late last night and I didn't want my parents to see me in that condition."

"Was that your excuse to sleep with him?", he responded.

"For your information I slept on the couch. Besides I don't need to explain myself to you Minho.", he replied.

"You're right I'm sorry.", he apologized, "I shouldn't have said those things. I was just talking out of jealousy. It's taking me a while to realize we are just friends."

"I understand, I asked to much of you.", he sighed, "If its to hard on you I understand if you no longer want to be friends."

"I rather have you in my life that not have you at all.", Minho confessed. "Do you want to hang out with us."

Taemin displayed a small blush, "No I need to head home I haven't been there all day. Krystal we're leaving." Krystal said goodbye to Sehun and Minho as she left with Taemin.

"What was that all about?",Sehun asked as he approached Minho. "Do you know him?"

"Yeah we are friends.", he replied as he phone vibrated. "Hello Key?"

"Minho! I'm outside your dorm room, where are you?", he whined.

"I'm at Sehun's, can we talk later.",he said not really wanting to hear how Key's and Onew's date went.

"Alright, goodnight", Key said as he then hanged up.

"You can invite Key over.", Sehun told him.

"I know, Sehun at what time are you meeting up with Jinki.",he asked.

"Around six pm.", he replied, "Are you still coming with me?"

"Yeah I want to see him face to face. I want to see if I know him.", he replied as both him and Sehun walked into the dorm room.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: Hope you like this chapter please comment, it means a lot... See you in Chapter 5