Bittersweet Goodbye

Crossroad Lovers

A/N: I know it has been two weeks and some days since I last updated, it has just become harder for me to update weekly like I used to. I want to apologize for saying that I would update sooner, I really tried but I was unable to. Anyways I want to thank you for reading, and commenting I really appreciate it. Please forgive me for any spelling/grammar mistakes Enjoy :)

                                                     XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It was about five in the morning when Key's alarm started to ring. He yawned as he then quickly turned it off. Key didn't feel like getting up; he remained in bed as he looked over at Jinki who was still sleeping despite the alarm. He groaned as he slowly got out of bed not wanting to wake him up. We shouldn't have stayed up late he thought to himself as he grabbed the clothes he had picked to wear last night. He had only slept for two hours and wanted to continue to sleep but he had to get ready if he was going to make it in time for his flight. He walked in the bathroom and locked it as he then began to undress; deciding that a shower was the perfect way to wake himself up.

He the water and quickly got in as he tried to avoid the cold morning air. The warm water droplets form steam as Key stood there without moving at all. He really didn't want to leave but he knew that this was the only opportunity they had to get Max out of their lives once and for all. He felt a little sad that Onew couldn't accompany him on this trip, even though he hadn't left yet he was already starting to miss him. He dragged the soap all over his body as he tried his hardest not to cry. He didn't want Jinki to be worried about him, he didn't want him to see how much it affected him not being able to see him everyday. Key just didn't want Onew to prevent him from going or to blame himself for everything that was happening.

As soon as he was done taking a shower he dried himself and began to change. He didn't know how long he would be separated from Onew so he wanted to look his best for him. Once he exited the bathroom and walked into the bedroom he was shocked to see that Onew wasn't there. He then quickly styled his hair, put on the necklace he gave him and applied some cologne before exiting the bedroom and walking into the kitchen.

"Good morning.", Jinki looked up to him and smiled as he then went back to cooking.

"Good morning.", he smiled back at him. Key was pleasantly surprise that Onew was up and cooking breakfast for him."Do you need any help?", he asked as he went to stand beside him on the stove.

"Don't worry about anything just sit down and relax. I'm done cooking anyways.", he said as he turned off the stove.

Key sat down as he waited for Onew to give him his breakfast."Aren't you going to eat with me?", he asked him as he saw Onew only grab one plate.

"No, I'm not really hungry.", he answered as he served Key his plate and placed it in front of him.

Onew had made him some scrambled eggs, with toast and some sliced fruit, "Everything looks delicious thank you.", Key said as he began to eat.

"Do you like it?", he asked as he put his arms around his neck giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"It's pretty good.", he answered as he took another bite.

Onew let go of him as he then sat down beside him; placing his hand on his lap,"I was worried that you weren't going to like it.".

"What are you two up so early?", Minho asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"I'm going overseas to talk to Max's wife.", Key informed him,"Did we wake you up?".

"No Jonghyun has a headache, so I came to get him some water.", he answered as he filled a cup with water,"When are you leaving? When are you coming back?".

"I don't know when I'm coming back but I need to leave in the next thirty minutes or so.", he answered as he finished eating his breakfast.

"I'll be right back.", Minho said as he left the room.

Key stood up to put his plate away in the sink, but Onew took it away from him and placed it back on the table as he then embraced him tightly. "I'm really going to miss you.",he said as he then gave him several small kisses on the lips and cheek.

"I'm going to miss you too.", he answered as he tried not to cry,"I promise I'll call you everyday.". Key loved feeling Onew strong arms around him; it made him feel saved and loved. Just being in his embrace made him want to stay,"I forgot my coat in our bedroom. I'll be right back.", he said as he broke the hug and left. He took several deep breaths as he tried to calm himself down,but it didn't work he couldn't hold back his tears. When he walked into their bedroom he looked through the closet for a coat that he didn't really need; he try stall for as much time as he could so Onew wouldn't see him cry.

"Minho told me you were leaving.", Jonghyun said as he walked into Key's and Onew's bedroom.

"I'm leaving pretty soon.", Key wiped away his tears before turning around to face him; he was quite shocked to see Jonghyun's semi bruise cheek. "What happened to you?".

"That isn't important.", he answered.

"Not important! Your nice complexion is ruined, wait right here.", he walked to his nightstand drawer and took out one of his make up bags. He knew this was exactly what he needed a good distraction to keep his mind off of leaving Jinki."Here used this it will help you cover that awful bruise.".

"Thank you, but I don't really need it.".

"Trust me you need it, I know it's not exactly your skin color but it should help.", he stated.

"I'll only use it for today, I'll buy some later.", he answered.

"Use it for as long as you need. I have another one.", he informed him."Did you want me to apply it for you? It'll be fun.", he said hoping Jonghyun will say yes.He wanted to stall for a much time as possible.

"No thank you.", Jonghyun said as he then hugged him.

Key was surprised that Jonghyun hugged him over some makeup. Ever since he started talking to him he noticed Jonghyun seemed rather dull; he wasn't his usual lively self."Are you alright?",he asked him. He was genuinely concerned for him, he knew he could possibly be like this because of the headache he had but something was it wasn't the case.

"I'm fine.", he answered; breaking the hug."I just wanted to say goodbye to you before you left and to tell you not to worry so much about Onew. Minho and I will make sure Max doesn't get near him, so try not to worry and please don't cry. If Onew sees you cry he isn't going to want to let you go.".

"What! Is that easy to tell that I was crying?", Key asked as he went to look in the mirror.

"Your eyes look a bit red.", he commented.

Key sighed as he noticed some tear stains on his cheeks as well,"I'm going to go wash my face, wait right here don't go. I need to talk to you.", he instructed as he walked to the bathroom. Once in the bathroom he washed and dried his face as quickly as possible before heading back out into his bedroom,"How do I look?", he asked him.

"You look good.", Jonghyun answered,"So what did you want to talk to me about?".

"I just wanted to see how you were doing.", he stated.

"Why? Did Minho say anything to you?", he asked.

"No Minho didn't say a word to me. The other day before you left to work with Jinki, you mentioned that you miss your family.", he stated,"I just wanted to make sure you were okay.".

"I wish my father was like yours.", Jonghyun said."Even though your father doesn't agree with your relationship he didn't disown you.".

"You don't want a father like mine trust me. He may have not disowned me but I'm certain he is doing something behind my back to separate me from Jinki. He already offered him money but unlike my other boyfriends he didn't take it.",he informed him,"I know it isn't easy when your family doesn't except you,but just give it some time. I'm sure they miss you too. I'm certain that they'll come around and contact you soon.".

"I don't think so, I called my dad yesterday.", he said,"Basically everything will remain the same unless I leave Minho.".

"You're not thinking about leaving him are you?", Key asked hoping that his best friend wouldn't get his heartbroken.

"No, I don't want to break up with him.", he stated as he began to cry,"I just don't know what do do anymore.".

Key didn't say a word he knew there was nothing he could say to make him feel better; he just embraced him tightly. Despite the fact that they first hated each other when they first met, Key had now grown really fond of Jonghyun. He now considered him a close friend and he hated to see him in so much pain.

"Key! If we don't leave now you're going to miss your flight.", they heard Onew's voice get louder as he got closer to their bedroom.

"Please take Minho with you, and don't tell him anything. I want to be alone for a while.", he wiped his tears as he then when to hide in Key's and Onew's bathroom.

"Where's Jjong at? I thought I heard him.", Onew said as he walked into their bedroom.

"You heard wrong, he isn't here. We're going to be late come on.", Key put his hand on Onew's shoulder as he lead him out of their bedroom.

Onew pouted,"It's okay if you're a little late.".

Key laughed,"You just don't want me to go.".

"I'll admit it I don't want you to go.", he stated,"I don't understand what kind of information she has that she can't just tell you over the phone. All of this sounds weird to me, I don't want anything to happen to you.".

"Nothing is going to happen to me.".

"How can you be so sure?", he asked him as he stopped walking and turned around to face him,"Please don't go.".

Hearing him made Key want to stay but he knew that even though it was risky he had to do this. "Let me do this. I want to do this for us. I want to be with you without worrying about what Max may do to you the next day or the day after that.".

"I knew you weren't going to listen to me, you never do.", he stated.

"If you knew why did you ask.", he smiled. Key wrapped his arms around Onew's neck as he then leaned in for a kiss. He softly and slowly brushed his lips against his several times, wanting to memorize the softness that was Onew's lips. Key's tongue slid over his lips; tasting the saltiness of Onew's tears as he began to cry. He brushed his tongue against his as a warm feeling spread throughout his body. The kiss was nothing like any other moment in life, it was a kiss full of passion, affection, and love. Key couldn't hold back his tears as their lips parted.

"Please don't go.", Onew begged him; low sobs escaping his lips.

Key hugged him tightly,"I love you.".

"I love you too.".

Key wanted to remain in Onew's arms , but he was already running late. He tried to free himself from Onew's embrace but he wouldn't let him go."Let go I can't leave if you don't let go.".

Onew sniffled as he let him go,"You better not forget to call me everyday.".

"I won't forget,I promise.", he responded,"Where's Minho?".

"He's outside.", he answered as he grabbed the car keys when they headed out.

"Good, because he is going to drive me to the airport.", he said as they walked out of the house.

"I thought I was driving you to the airport.", Onew commented.

"No, you get to ride in the back with me.", he answered giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Good idea.", Onew smiled; giving Minho the keys as soon as he saw him.

"Why are you giving me this?", Minho asked.

"You're driving me to the airport, and I won't take no for an answer.", Key said.

"Jonghyun isn't feeling well so I rather stay with him.", he said.

"He's sleeping don't wake him up.", Key lied as he and Onew got into the car,"Besides you haven't spend that much time with me lately so you owe me.".

"I'll spend some time with you when you come back.", Minho promised,"I want to be here when he wakes up.".

Key glared at Minho,"It's going to be your fault if I'm late, get in the car now!'.

"If he doesn't want to go I'll drive.", Onew was about to get out of the car but Key stopped him.

"No! Minho is taking me.", Key smiled,"Minho please drive me to the airport.".

"Fine.", Minho sighed as he got in the driver's seat,"I'm not even dress to go anywhere.".

"It's fine no one will see you anyways.", Key stated. Throughout the car ride Onew and Key held hands as Onew rested his head on Key's shoulder.

                                                     XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 

Taemin woke up to Kai still laying beside him fast asleep. He clearly remember what happened between him and Kai last night, but he still wanted to make sure it was real; it all seemed like a dream to him. He slowly lifted the blanket and peak under the covers; confirming that it was not a dream as he saw his and Kai's bodies under the covers. He covered himself and Kai back up; Taemin really didn't know what to do next he just laid in bed wide awake watching Kai sleep. He had never looked at him in a ual way before he had always thought of him as just a friend, but now he was starting to look at him differently. For the first time ever he noticed how attractive Kai really was. His broad back, his toned arms, his collar bones, his lips in short he was beautiful. Taemin got nervous when he thought Kai was about to wake up, but he just re-positioned himself and continue to sleep. He slowly got out of bed as he tried not to Kai up; he quickly put on his pajamas as he then quietly looked through his closet for some clothes. He wanted to take a shower so he would look good when he talked to Kai.

Once in the bathroom he undressed and stared at himself in the mirror. His gazed at his body seeing the love bites decorating his neck, his shoulders, his chest as they trailed down to his navel. Taemin traced his fingers over his marks, his skin started tingling when he remembered last night. He kept on imagining Kai's eager mouth, teeth and tongue trace his skin. He wrapped his hand around his growing member as the vivid memory of last night aroused him. He closed his eyes as his quickened, remembering every detail; he could still hear the sound of his muffled moans as Kai covered his mouth. He could feel still feel Kai pounding and sliding in him fast and hard, feeling him deep inside. Taemin grunted as released from and into his hand; his breaths were shallow pants as he finished himself off.

Taemin the water, immediately getting in right after. He never thought he would be touching himself as he thought about his best friend. Taemin always thought his first time would be with his boyfriend and not with Kai. He didn't exactly regret what he did last night but he did feel guilty. He felt like he took advantage of Kai while he was drunk. He didn't know what he was going to tell him or what will happen; all he knew was that he had to talk to him. Taemin thought really hard about what he was going to say to him; he practiced several conversation with himself, but they all seemed wrong to him. He rinse the soap off his body as he then turned off the water. He dried and dressed himself as he then styled his hair. He still hadn't figure out what he would say to him but he figure it will all come naturally. He looked at himself in the mirror noticing that one of his love bites in his neck was visible. I'll just cover it with a scarf he thought to himself as he exited the bathroom.

When he entered his bedroom he saw that Kai was still fast asleep. Just staring at him made him feel nervous. He started to second guess himself, he felt like he wasn't ready to talk to him. Taemin started to feel guilty again for sleeping with him, he didn't want Kai to be mad at him. You finally got his friend back and you ruined everything for a night of passion, he talked to himself. Taemin grew scared the guilt and embarrassment was enough to make him not want to talk to him. He grabbed one of his scarves and wrapped it around his neck as he exited his bedroom. He was about to leave his house when his mom stopped him.

"Where are going? It's early sit down and have some breakfast.", she said.

"Mom I can't stay I'm running late.", he lied.

"Late for what?", she asked him.

Taemin really didn't know what to say,"I-I promised Krystal that I will go with her for a morning run.".

"You're not dressed to go running.".

"I'm not running I'm just timing her laps.", he lied.

"Fine you can go, after you drink some orange juice.", she said."I don't want you leave on an empty stomach.

"Okay.", Taemin walked into the kitchen with his mom. He figured there was no way Kai would wake up while he drank some juice. "Mom, Kai spend the night, when he wakes up tell him not to wait for me. I don't know when I'm coming back home.", he said as he poured himself some orange juice and began to drink it.

"I'll let him know. I don't why the two of you fought but I'm glad you're talking to him again, I didn't like seeing you all depressed.", she stated.

"How did you know that I wasn't talking to him?".

"You stopped bringing him around and every time I asked you about him, you got really sad.", she answered him.

Taemin didn't want to talk to his mom about his private life especially with what he did with Kai last night,"I'm going to go now I don't want to keep Krystal waiting.".

"Have fun.", she said as she then walked into the living room.

Taemin went to wash his cup along with a couple dishes so his mother wouldn't need to wash them.

"Good morning Kai.", he heard his mother say from the living room.

"Good morning.", Kai answered as Taemin turned off the water to hear better."Where's Taemin?", he asked.

"He's in the kitchen.", she answered.

Taemin didn't want to see him yet so he left through the kitchen door; opened his back yard fence and ran out. He ran for the first five minutes to make sure Kai wouldn't see him. He started to walk around the town with nor real destination in mind. He wanted to go talk to Krystal but he was certain Kai was probably with her right now. Taemin knew that what he did was wrong and that running away wasn't going to solve anything. But he just wanted to gather his thoughts he wanted to figure out a way to apologize to Kai, he wanted to remain being his friend.

"You must be really happy right now.".

"Extremely happy.", Taemin smiled noticing the bruises on Sehun's face,"I'm glad to see you got what you deserved.".

He smiled at him,"It's not what you're thinking, it wasn't Kai who hit me.".

"That's unfortunate but who ever hit you must have had a good reason.", he stated,"I'm going to go I can't stand staring at you, you make me sick.".

"Wait!", he stopped him,"I need you to tell me where Kai is I need to talk to him.".

He didn't want Sehun to get near Kai, let alone talk to him."He doesn't want to talk to you so stay away from him.".

"I need to talk to him, when you see him tell him I'll be waiting for him at our dorm.", he said as he then walked away.

Taemin wasn't to sure what was going to happen between himself and Kai, but he knew he had to talk to him before Sehun did. He wanted and needed to make sure that he didn't get back with Sehun. Taemin needed to talk to someone, he needed some advice on what to do;he didn't want to mess things up more than he already had. He took out his cell phone and called Krystal. "Is Kai with you?", he asked her as soon as she answered.

"What a perfect way to greet me.", she said,"Good morning to you too Taemin.".

"I'm sorry.", he apologized,"Good morning Krystal did you sleep well?".

"Shut up we both know you don't mean it.", she said,"By the way Kai isn't with me he just left.".

"Where did he go to?".

"He went to his parents house, he's very upset about his break up with Sehun.", she informed him.

"Did he mentioned me at all? Did he ask for me?", he asked her.

"He just said that he talked to you last night. For some odd reason he thought you were here with me.".

"He didn't say anything else?", he questioned her. He wanted to get an idea about what was going through Kai's mind.

"No what he suppose to tell me something? Taemin you're acting weird did something happen?", she asked him.

"No nothing happened, I'll talk to you later bye.", he said before he hanged up. Kai didn't tell Krystal anything about what happened last night; so he assumed that he didn't want her to know, Taemin wanted to respect his decision so he decided not to say a word to Krystal. What is he thinking? How does he feel? Does he even remember what we did? Did he used me? Taemin kept on questioning himself as he tried to figure everything out. He knew the only one who could answer his questions was Kai. Taemin was scared to call Kai since he didn't know what to say. He knew he couldn't avoid him forever; running away was a mistake and he had to face the consequences of his actions. He was unsure about what would happen he just hoped Kai didn't want him out of his life. Taemin called him, the phone rang several times but Kai didn't answer, so he tried again. The second time his call went straight to voicemail. He doesn't want to talk to me. Why doesn't he want to talk to me? he asked himself. Taemin didn't want to think negatively anymore, he was sure Kai would call him as soon as he finish doing whatever it was he was doing. He decided to go home and wait for his call.

                                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 

Jonghyun laid in bed covered in his blanket while he cried. He wanted to stop thinking about his family, but he really missed them. It hurt him to know that they wanted nothing to do with him. He called both his mother and his sister but they both didn't answer his calls. It upset him to know that they preferred money over him. He wiped away his tears as he tried to stop himself from crying; when he heard Minho and Onew enter the house. He grabbed some clothes and went into bathroom to change.

After he changed he headed out of the bathroom and into his bedroom to get the make up that Key gave him. As he looked at himself in the mirror he noticed how red and swollen his eyes were; he went to go wash his face but the puffiness still remain there.

"How are you feeling?", Minho asked him as he walked into the room,"Do you still have a headache?".

"I feel better.", he lied. Jonghyun walked back out into his room and started to apply the make up that Key gave him.

"What are you doing?", he asked him.

"Applying make up to hide my bruise.", he answered him.

"You got the make up from Key didn't you?".

"Yes he gave it to me.", Jonghyun answered finding his question a bit odd.

"You got to see him before he left?", he asked.

"Yes.", he turned around to face him,"Why are you asking me such weird questions?".

"Before I left to take Key to the airport he told me you were sleeping. Why did you two lie to me? Why did you want me to leave the house?".

Jonghyun was surprised that Minho figured all of that out so quickly."I'm sorry I just wanted to be alone for a while.", he said regretting it immediately right after. By the look on Minho's face he could tell he really hurt him.

"If you wanted to be alone you could have told me. I don't understand why you had to go behind my back to try to get rid of me.", he stated.

"I'm sorry, I just really didn't think things through.", he confessed.

"I don't want or need an apology from you.", he said,"I know you miss your family, what I don't understand is why you don't allow me to help you. It hurts me to see you constantly in pain.".

"You're seeing things, I'm perfectly fine.".

"Stop lying to me I know you have been crying.", Minho hugged him,"I know that I'm partially to blame for you not seeing your family, but let me be there for you. Stop pushing me away, you don't have to go through this alone.".

Jonghyun felt that Sehun was right he didn't deserve to be with someone as caring and loving as Minho. He felt horrible for only thinking about himself. Throughout this whole time he had just been thinking about missing his family, that he never once thought about how his behavior was affecting Minho. The last thing he wanted was to make him worry, he didn't want him to continue blaming himself. He broke the hug and gave him a kiss on the lips,"I'm really sorry.".

"Stop apologizing, I would be acting the same way if I was in your position.", he smiled as him,"Everything will be fine. We just have to talk to your father together.".

He knew that Minho meant well but there was no way he was going to go with him to see his father. His father would just humiliate and belittle Minho,"I'll try to talk to him first before we go together.", he lied.

"We won't go talk to him until you're completely ready.", he leaned in and gave him a kiss on the forehead.

"Thank you, for always being so supportive. I love you.", he said giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

"I love you too.", he replied,"But I'm still a little bit mad at you.".

"Why?".

"I noticed that you haven't been eating well lately.", he stated,"I don't want you to get sick.".

"I promise I'll eat before I go.", he said as he started to style his hair.

"Thank you.", he gave him a kiss on the cheek before he exited the room.

When Jonghyun finished getting ready he headed towards the kitchen. He was planning on eating some fruit since he wasn't really hungry but Minho had cooked for him. He didn't want to hurt Minho's feelings so he forced himself to eat everything he had cooked for him. "Where's Onew? We're going to be late.".

"Key leaving really affected him, as soon as we dropped him off he began to cry.", Minho informed him,"He went straight to his room and hasn't came out since.".

"Did he say anything to you?", he asked as he began to worry.

"No but he begged Key several times not to go, he seemed really worried about him.", he answered him as he started to clean the kitchen.

Just as Jonghyun was about to go check on him, Onew walked into the kitchen. Onew's eyes were red and swollen; his expression was that of a little boy. He had never seen his best friend like this before,"Are you okay?"

"I really miss him, but I'll be fine.", he answered,"We should get going or we are going to be late.". 

"Do you want something to eat?", Minho asked him.

"No I'm not really hungry. I just want to get to work to distract myself.", he confessed.

Jonghyun hugged Minho goodbye; taking the lunch he had cooked for him and Onew as he then exited the house. Since they both got in the car Onew was silent , Jonghyun knew exactly how he was feeling since he was going through a similar thing.

"Jonghyun how do you do it?".

"Do what?", he asked as he drove.

"How do you cope with the pain of missing your family?", he questioned,"Key just left this morning and I think I'm already going crazy without him.".

"You're asking the wrong person, I can't help you.", he confessed,"I'm not doing well right now, either.".

"Your family hasn't contacted you yet?".

"No, and I don't want to talk about it.But I know exactly how your feeling right now, and there's nothing we can do.", he said as he parked the car.

Just when Jonghyun was about to get out of the car Onew stopped him,"We need to talk.".

"If you want to talk about my family, stop wasting your time because I don't care anymore.", he snapped at him.

"Obviously you do care, look at how you're reacting. This is so unlike you.

"What did you expected me to say? That everything was going to be okay? I hate to break it to you but everything is just going to get worse.", Jonghyun stated," I can't sleep, I don't want to eat all I want to do is lay in bed. Even drinking and not knowing about myself is better than going through this pain.".

"I'm really sorry is was never my intention to.", he managed to say before he got interrupted.

"Save it I don't need or want your pity.", he said,"I lost my family forever, so stop acting like is the end of the world; because Key is going to call you, he's coming back.".

"Stop it! Stop belittling my pain, you don't know how I feel.", Onew yelled at him.

Jonghyun was shocked that Onew yelled at him,"What".

"Shut up and listen!", he interrupted not allowing him to speak,"I could have went with Key, but I stayed because of you. I didn't want to leave you with the stress of working all alone since you just started.".

"I never asked you to stay, so stop blaming it on me!".

"Key could be in danger right now. Max could have planned all this to get rid of him. I'm worried about him. I'm scared that something is going to happen to him because of me.", he said as he began to get teary eyed,"If something happens to him is going to be all my fault.".

"If you want me to tell you everything is going to be okay, I'm not.", Jonghyun said.

"I wanted to talk to you because you're my best friend. You always make me feel better. But now I realize it was a mistake to come to you.", Onew said,"I always admired you. You were always a strong, confident, independent person who fought for what he wanted. But know you're just afraid of your dad and you're letting him effect your life. I really hope you're happy with the person you become because I'm not.". 

Onew got out of the car and slammed the door shut leaving him alone in the car. Jonghyun felt horrible not only did he hurt Minho but now he hurt Onew too. He knew Onew was right he was letting his father effect his life, he was hurting the people that loved and cared for him the most. Jonghyun got out of the car with the intend of apologizing to Onew, but he didn't know what to say to him. They work with each other quietly for about two hours, until Jonghyun broke the silence,"Jinki.".

"Jonghyun I'm sorry.", Onew apologized first, as he then hugged him.

"I'm sorry too.",he hugged him back,"I should have never spoken to you the way I did.".

"I should have never yelled at you.", he said as he broke the hug,"I know you're going through a tough time and it was never my intention to hurt you or cause you more pain.".

"Jinki your father and I need to talk to you, come as soon as your done sweeping.", his mother said as she then reenter the office.

"Go talk to your parents I'll finish the sweeping.", Jonghyun took the broom from Onew's hand.

"We'll talk later.", he smiled as he went into his parents office.

As Jonghyun swept he heard someone enter the store. He put away the broom as he then walked to the cash register. "How may I help you.", he smiled.

"I don't want anything, I came to see you.", she smiled at him.

"Do I know you?", he asked her. Jonghyun had never seen her before but he could tell from her clothes that she was very wealthy.

"I'm name is Sulli.", she informed him,"You don't exactly know me but we can get to know each other. What time do you get out of work?".

"I'm very flattered but I'm not interested. So if you aren't going to buy anything please go.".

"I'll be seeing you soon handsome.", she smiled at him before she left.

Jonghyun really hope Sulli never return back to the shop. He didn't like her at all and she kinda creep him out. She just threw herself at him without even asking for his name, he found the whole thing weird. 

                                                       XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

"Jinki please calm down.", his mother said.

"How do you expect me to calm down when he threaten you?", Onew said as he stood up. 

"Your mother is right, he can't really do anything.", his father.

"I doesn't matter I'm going to go see him right now.", he stormed out of his parents office. Onew was fuming with anger. He couldn't believe Key's father threaten his family, he took out his phone and texted Minho so he could come and pick him up.

"Is everything okay?", Jonghyun asked him.

"No.", he answered,"Key's dad offered my parents money so they would sent me to study overseas. He told them that if they didn't accept that he will take away the shop.".

"Can he really do that?".

"I don't know my parents say he can't do anything. All I know is that my parents didn't accept the money.", he answered.

"Key told me his father was probably going to try something. It looks like he was just waiting for Key to go to get rid of you.", he stated,"What are you going to do?".

"Minho is coming to pick me up, so I can go talk to Kibum's father.".

"You're going to go see him. Are you sure that's a good idea?", he asked him.

"I didn't like that he threaten my parents.", he said."Kibum left because of me, to protect me. I'm not going to let his father or anyone separate me from him.".  

"I really hope everything goes well.", he said,"I don't want you to get hurt."

"I'll be fine.", he said as he saw Minho arrive,"I'll see you at the house.". Onew got in the car and fastened his seat belt. "Thank you for coming.". 

"Do you know what you're going to tell him?", Minho asked as he drove.

"I don't know yet but I'm sure we can come to an understanding.", he hoped.

"His father isn't kind at all, he is very homophobic and he humiliates Key every chance he gets.", he informed him,"I really hope you can change his mind.".

Onew knew that Key never liked going home because he had a bad relationship with his father, but he never imagined that his dad mistreated him. "I know he's homophobic I witnessed it first hand when I met him at the hospital. Key never mentioned to me that his father mistreated him, actually he never mentions his father at all. I know their relationship isn't necessarily a good one, but I figure things were getting better between them since he gave him a car.".

"He gave him a car and he continues to pay for his school because of Key's mother.", Minho said as he parked the car.

Onew was a bit shocked  to see were he was. He was in the Architecture firm he always wished to work at after he graduated,"Does Key father work here?".

"Yes, he's the owner.".

"Please tell me you're lying.", he said. 

"I know Key's father is a well known architect, but don't let that intimidate you.",he said as he handed Onew's the car keys."I need to go now if I want to catch the next bus.". 

"You can take Key's car if you want. I'll take a taxi.".

"Key's your boyfriend, therefore his car belongs to you while he's gone.", Minho said as they both got out of the car."Good luck, I'll see later.".

Onew was upset, his dream of working here was no longer going to be possible. As he entered the building he was amazed it was like he always imagined.

"Who are you here to see?", a woman asked him.

Onew got startled as he almost tripped over himself, he was so wrapped up looking at his surroundings that he never noticed when the woman approached him.

"Are you alright?".

"I'm fine.", Onew bowed,"Can you please tell me where Mr. Kim's office is?".

"I'm sorry but he isn't seeing anyone at the moment.".

"I'm his son's friend and I really need to talk to him.", Onew insisted.

"I'm sorry but he's very busy and doesn't want to be interrupted.", she informed him

"Thank you.", Onew bowed again before he left the building. He knew it wasn't going to be easy to see Key's father but he didn't want to leave without seeing him. Even if he had to wait all day outside.

As Onew waited outside he heard a couple of people talking about an apprenticeship in Key's father firm. So he decided to approach them,"Hello I over heard that you got an apprenticeship here.".

"Yes.", he answered,"They're giving apprenticeship opportunities today. We are about to get a tour of the building. Are you an apprentice too?". 

"Yes I am.", he lied. Onew knew he wasn't exactly dressed correctly for this, he was really going to stand out among everyone since they were all wearing suits and he wasn't. 

When they entered the building the guy giving the tour started to explain what was going to be expected of them to do. Onew found it very fascinating and he was really intrigued, all this just reaffirmed to him that he definitely wanted to be an architect. As the tour began he was really amazed as he saw people doing blueprints, architectural models among other things. They went everywhere except near Key's dad's office.

"What school did you graduate from?", a woman asked him.

"I haven't graduated yet.", he answered, "But I'm about to graduate this year. Please give me an opportunity I really want to work here.". Onew wanted to get an apprenticeship so he could get near Key's father since it was the only way he was going to be able to talk to him. 

"I'm sorry everyone who is here has already graduated. You're going to have to wait till next year.", she informed him.

"It has always been my dream to work here.", he told her,"I have really good grades, I'm a hard worker. Please give me a chance, you won't regret it.".

"I'm sorry without your diploma I can't offer you an apprenticeship.".

"I'll take care him", the woman that Onew saw earlier when he first arrived said.

As soon as the other woman walked away Onew got nervous. He knew that there was no way he would be allowed to stay now.

"I'm going to give you an opportunity.", she said,"You're Kibum's friend and knowing him he would want you to have one.". 

"Thank you so much.", he smiled.

"Before you start I'm going to need bring me some of your transcripts. You can't be an apprentice here if you don't have good grades.".

"I'll bring you my transcripts first thing tomorrow morning.", he informed her,"Will I be able to see Mr.Kim.".

"I don't know why you want to see him so much, but none of the apprentice get to work with him. The only way you'll be able to work with him is if ask to work with you, but he has never asked an apprentice to work with him.", she informed him as she typed his information on the computer. 

"Is Mr. Kim going to know that I'm an apprentice here?

"No, someone else handles the new hires.", she answered,"Why don't you want him to know you're going to be here? Are you really Kibum's friend?".

"It's not that I don't want him to know. I just want to get a good position here from my own hard work and not because I'm Kibum's friend.", he lied to her.

"In that case, I'll help you out. I'll make sure he won't find out who you are.", she smiled,"Well you're all done. When you come tomorrow please come well dressed.".

"I will. Thank you so much.", Onew stood up; bowed then left. He walked in the direction of Key's dad's office but was forced out before he could get near him. As he walked towards the car he really hoped Key's father wouldn't take his apprenticeship away, when and if he recognized him. He knew he had to work really hard to make Key's dad like his work since it was the only way for him to get near him.

                                                         XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX    

Minho immediately turned off the stove when he heard the door bell. Jonghyun must have misplaced his keys again, he thought to himself as he went to open the door. He was a bit shocked when he saw Amber.

"Is Jjong here?", she asked.

"No, he's at work.", he answered. 

"I just came by to drop off the house keys. Since I never got around to doing it.", she said as she gave Minho the key.

"Thank you.", he smiled at her,"Do you want to come in?". Minho really hoped Amber would stay, he knew it would make Jonghyun really happy to see her again. 

"I really can't stay maybe another day.".

"Amber please stay it would mean a lot to Jonghyun. He's going through a tough time right now, and I know it would make him really happy to see you again.", he stated.

"I know Jjong is having a hard time because of his father, I'll stay for a little while.", she gave in.

"How did you knew that his father disowned him?".

"His sister told me.",she and Minho walked into the house and sat down on the couch."

"Why hasn't she came to see him?", he asked,"It would make Jonghyun really happy to see her.".

"She wants to come and visit him but if she does their father is going to stop giving her money for school.", she informed him,"So that's why she hasn't came.".

"What about his mother? Do you know why she hasn't came to see him?". Minho knew Jonghyun didn't really want him to get involved but he was tired of seeing him in pain. He wanted to figure out a way to get Jonghyun to see his mother and sister without his dad finding out.

"I have no idea why his mother hasn't came to see him.", she answered,"So tell me how is he doing? Is he sleeping well?".

 "No, he hasn't been sleeping well lately. He's been a bit depressed since he misses his family.He hasn't been himself lately and he has been crying a lot.", he smiled at her."That's why I'm really glad that you came, I know once he sees you he's going to be really happy.". 

"I'm really excited to see him. I really missed him.".

"I'm sure he'll be excited to see you too.", he smiled at her,"Amber I'm really sorry for everything that happened, I hope that moving forward we could become friends.".

"You both fell in love with each other, you don't need to apologize for that.", she smiled at him,"In the beginning I was very upset and heartbroken but you make Jjong happy and that's enough for us to become friends.".

"Amber what are you doing here?", Onew asked as he entered the house.

"Wow that is a really great way to greet your friend. It sounds like you're not really happy to see me.", she stated.

Onew hugged her,"Of course I'm happy to see you, I just never expected to see you here with Minho.".

"We're friends now.", Amber put her arm around Minho.

"At least something good happen today.", Onew smiled,"Jonghyun is going to be really happy.".

"Amber!", Jonghyun ran up to her and gave her a hug.

"Jjong I really miss you how have you been?", she asked him as she broke the hug.

"I'm doing much better now that you're here.", he smiled at her,"Amber I'm really that I hurt you, can you please forgive me.".

"You don't need to apologize, I'm just really glad that we can be friends again.", she smiled at him,"I really wish I could stay longer but I have to go.".

"I just got here. Can you stay a little longer?", Jonghyun asked.

"I can't stay I'm going on a double date with Luna, but I promise to come back soon so we can watch a game and eat some pizza. Just like old times.".

"I would really like that.", he gave her a quick hug,"Good luck on your date.".

"Thank you, I'll call you tomorrow.", she said before she left. 

After they ate their dinner Jonghyun went to take a shower as Minho stay in the living room with Onew. "To be honest with you I don't know how Key is going to react, he is really picky when it comes to his father.", Minho said.

"I know, but it's the only way I can get near him. I try to go to his office twice but I wasn't able to see him.", Onew stated,"Now that I have the apprenticeship I'll have more chances of going in there to talk to him. And if that doesn't work maybe he'll like  my work and he'll allow me to be with Key.".

"Are you sure you'll be able to handle it all once school starts?".

"I'm sure I'll be able to figure something out.", he answered as he got off the couch,"We'll I'm going to bed I'm want to be able to wake up when Key calls me. Have a goodnight.".

"You too.", Minho replied. When he walked into Jonghyun's bedroom he saw him looking at  his bruise in the mirror.

"Does it still hurt?", he lifted Jonghyun's chin to check on his bruise.

"It doesn't hurt to much.".

"The swelling has definitely went down.", Minho said as he let go of his chin,"Try not to get in anymore fights.". 

"I'll try but I can't promise anything.", he gave him a kiss on the lips and hugged him,"I'm really happy you and Amber are friends now. It was really nice to see her again, thank you.". 

"I'm really glad your happy. I really miss seeing that smile on your face.", he said as he as he broke the hug and they both laid in bed. 

Jonghyun kissed Minho several times on the cheek as he then rested his head on Minho's chest as he cuddled closer to him,"Something really weird happen to me today.".

"What happened?", he asked as he wrapped his arm around him.

"Some weird girl named Sulli came on to me. She acted like she knew me she really creep me out.".

"Did you tell her you had a boyfriend?", he asked feeling slightly disturbed.

"No.", Jonghyun leaned forward as he pressed his lips against his; slowly making his way down Minho's neck. 

"You're not going to distract me. Why didn't you tell her that you had a boyfriend?".

Jonghyun stopped kissing him,"Why are you jealous?".

"Of course I am. Did you found her attractive?", he asked him.

"No,"his hand encircled him; his fingers exploring the tight, strong muscle hidden beneath Minho's shirt."I didn't want to give her any information about my life. The less she knows the better, I just hope I never see her again.".  

"I don't want you to see her again either.", he stated.

Jonghyun straddled him as he leaned in pressing his lips against his,"Let's forget about her.", he said as he went back to kissing him.

                                                       XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

A/N: I really hope you enjoyed this chapter, please leave a comment I really enjoy reading them. See you all in the next chapter...