Heartbroken

Crossroad Lovers

A/N: Thank you for commenting and I hope you enjoy chapter 12

                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jonghyun reached over to his bed stand to grab his cellphone and switched off his alarm. He was about to get out of bed when Minho pinned him down. "What are you doing?", Jonghyun laughed.

Minho pressed his body on top of Jonghyun immediately closing the gap between them."I'm preventing you from leaving.",he smirked as he began to kiss Jonghyun neck.

"I'm going to be late for class.", Jonghyun said as he tried to push Minho off.

"Just skip class.", Minho kept on being persistent. 

"I can't do that, finals are coming.", Jonghyun said.

Minho sighed and got off of Jonghyun,"Don't remind me.", he pouted.

Jonghyun then straddled Minho and brought him up, as he then kissed him passionately,"I promise I'll come home as soon as class is over.".

"You promise?", Minho asked as he wrapped his arms around him.

"I never break my promises.", Jonghyun said as he gave him a kiss on the lips before getting off Minho.

Minho spanked him and smirk,"I trust you."

"You better.",Jonghyun grabbed his pillow and threw it at Minho,then laughed. 

Minho laughed and pulled Jonghyun back down on to bed,"You hit me with a pillow, you can't be trusted. Sorry I can't allow you to go to class.".

"Don't you have a class to go to?", Jonghyun asked.

Minho wrapped his arms around Jonghyun and cuddled in to his chest,"I have soccer practice, and a class later in the day. But I rather stay here with you, don't you want to stay here with me?".

Jonghyun smiled at how playful his boyfriend was being, as he put his arm around him and gently caressed his back."Minho I want to stay here with you, but I can't. We both have a lot to do today, lets save all the fun stuff for tonight.", Jonghyun said as he kiss him on the forehead before getting out of bed.

Minho sat up and sighed, "I'll go get breakfast started.".

"Thank you.". Jonghyun said as he grabbed some clothes and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. After his shower he looked at himself in the mirror once more, before he grabbed his book bag and headed out into the kitchen.

"You look handsome, who are you trying to impress?", Minho said as he ate his breakfast.

"No one, I always look good.",he answered at he stoled a bite out of Minho's breakfast. 

"You better not be trying to get yourself a new boyfriend.", Minho .

"I'm not, but when you're this good looking people can't help but come on to you.", Jonghyun said as he grabbed the breakfast Minho made him,"Just like you did.".

Minho chuckled and hugged Jonghyun from behind,"You better not talk to any other guys, dont even look at them okay?".

"Can I talk and look at the girls.", He teased his boyfriend.

"If you do that, I'm never letting you out of this house again.", he responded as he then kissed him.

Jonghyun gave him a kissed back as he then continued to eat his breakfast. He hadn't felt this happy in a while, he was happy with Amber but not like this. Jonghyun feel madly in love with Minho, not only did Minho accept him for who he was, he was also understanding, caring and very loving. To Jonghyun, Minho was the most amazing person in the world.

"I forgot to asked you, who came here so late last night?", Minho asked as he washed the dishes.

"Taemin came to see Onew", Jonghyun answered.

"Is he still in there with him?", Minho asked.

"I don't know. Why are you jealous?", Jonghyun answered feeling a sting of jealousy himself.

"No why would I be. I'm just curious.", he answered.

"I'm sure you are.", Jonghyun said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes. It really bother him that Minho cared so much for Taemin.

"Jonghyun listen to me.", Minho said as he hugged him from the back again,"Taemin and I are just friends, nothing more. You're the only man I need in my life.".

Jonghyun turned around and kissed him passionately,"I love you.", he blushed as he finally said those words to him aloud.

Minho smiled,"I love you too.",he then kissed him again.

Jonghyun broke the kiss and smiled,he was extremely happy to hear Minho loved him back. He reached into his pocket,"Here are the keys to the house, and the car.".

"Thank you, but I don't need the car.", Minho stated.

"Take my car, so you can move your stuff all in one trip.", Jonghyun said as he grabbed his book bag."I'll take Jinki's bike.".

"Thank you and are you sure Onew won't mind.", Minho asked.

"Don't worry about it.", Jonghyun smiled as he gave Minho a kiss on the lips before leaving. he then unchained Onew's bike and got on. At first he was having some trouble balancing the bike, but he soon got the hang of it. When he arrived near campus he chained Onew's bike to the bike rack.

"What happened to your car?", Victoria asked.

"I let Minho borrow it.", he replied.

"Oh what did he needed it for? How is he doing?", Victoria asked.

"I don't know Victoria, but I really need to go.", he said not wanting to give an explanation to her.

"Wait! Actually I'm glad I ran in to you, I really need to talk to you about Amber.", she stated.

"What about her?", Jonghyun asked a bit worried.

"I don't know the reason you two broke up, and you don't need to tell me.",she stated,"I'm just extremely worried about her, she stopped attending class, she stopped eating. Is there a possibility that you two can get back together?".

It broke Jonghyun's heart to hear that Amber was in such bad shape.He wanted to go see her,he wanted to talk to her to tell her everything was going to be okay."Sorry but we can't get back together.".

"Can you at least talk to her, I mean she misses you a lot.",she sighed,"You two were together for three years I know talking to her would do her some good.".

Jonghyun sighed,"I would gladly talk to her, she the one that doesn't want to talk to me.".

"I know for a fact that she wants to talk to you and see you.",Victoria said,"Meet her here tomorrow, I'll text you the time.".

"Okay I'll be here.", he responded hoping that he could maybe bring Amber some closure.

"Thank you so much.",Victoria said as she hugged him.

Jonghyun hugged her back then excused himself as he then rushed over to his class.

                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 

After cleaning up the mess he created in the kitchen, Minho went to take a shower. After his shower he made Jonghyun's bed, then left the house towards Key's dorm. Minho was a bit worried about Key, he hadn't answer his phone calls since the day Onew went missing. He knew Onew had come to see Key, but due to what Sehun said, and the fact that Taemin when to see Onew late at night, he figured his friend might be heartbroken. Once he reached Key's dorm he knocked more than five times before Key open the door. 

"What are you doing here Minho?", Key asked as Minho gave him a hug.

"Are you okay? How are you feeling? Why haven't you answered my calls?", Minho bombarded him with questions.

"I'm sorry I just felt like being alone for a while.", Key sighed as he moved aside to let Minho in.

Minho sighed as he walked in,"You need to get out of this room. I don't know what happened between you and Onew but you can't stay locked up here forever.".

"He left me for good.", Key said as he began to cry.

Minho embrace his friend in a hug as he rubbed his back,"I'm so sorry Key, but you can't let this bring you down. You have always been a strong and independent guy we can get through this together." Minho lifted up key's face and wiped away his tears.

"You are right, it would do me some good to go out.", Key sighed,"Besides my dad wants to see me today. I can't go see him like this I'm a mess.".

Minho nodded in agreement as he looked over at his friend,"This is the messiest I have ever seen you.Its already noon and your still on your pajamas.".

Minho noticed key gave him a halfhearted smile, the smile he always gave him when he wasn't feeling well. Minho pushed Key towards the restroom,"Come on go take a shower.".

"Okay just let me get my stuff first.",Key said as he grabbed a new set of clothes and headed towards the showers.

As Key took a shower Minho made Key's bed and began to clean his friends room. He immediately noticed the ripped pictures of Key and Onew, instead of throwing them away he stuffed them into Key's bottom drawer, hoping that when he found them it would bring him good memories instead of bad ones.

"So what are we doing today?", Key asked as he walked out of the bathroom.

"Well I'm moving in with Jonghyun.", Minho replied,"You can either help me or go to class.".

"I'll help you.", Key smiled as he then gave a quick hug to Minho,"Congratulations are you and Minho official now?".

Minho nodded with a smile."Yes! He broke up with Amber and this morning he told me he loved me.", Minho blushed as he said it.

Key smiled,"I'm so happy for you Minho, if there is anyone that deserves to be happy is you.".

"Thank you. I'm sure your happiness will come soon, even if it isn't with Onew.", Minho said.

"My happiness is by Onew's side, I can't see myself with anyone but him.", Key replied,"Lets just forget all about that today. Okay?".

Minho nodded in agreement."Alright let's go.".

Key closed locked his dorm room door and followed Minho,"Were are we going? Your dorm is that way.".

"Long story short I couldn't stand my roommate anymore so I left my stuff in Sehun's and Kai's dorm room.", Minho said as he pressed the button to unlock the car.

"Jjong let you borrow his car?", Key asked.

"Yes, to move my stuff.",Minho said as he then noticed the sad expression on Key's face,"Key's what's the matter.".

"Onew picked me up for our first date in Jonghyun's car, we also shared our first real kiss in it.", Key informed him.

"We don't have to take the car if you don't want to.", Minho said. Not wanting to see his friend suffer anymore.

"Let's take the car it would be easier.", Key said as he got in to the car.

"Let's go out to eat after I'm done unpacking. My treat.",Minho said hoping Key would except the invitation.

"Do you think Onew would mind, that I'm in his house?", Key asked.

"He can't say anything, you're my best friend you're always  welcome there.", Minho gave Key a reassuring smile as he began to drive. Once they got to Sehun's dorm they began to load his stuff into Jonghyun's car.

"We should be done quick, you didn't even unpack.", Key commented.

"I was suppose to but I spend the night at Jonghyun's.", Minho commented,"Let's go check if I missed anything.".

As Minho and Key went to check if they got everything, Kai and Sehun walked in.

"Where were you last night?",Sehun asked,"And were are you taking your stuff to?".

"I was with Jonghyun, I'm moving in with him.",Minho smiled excitedly. 

"You two just started dating, don't you think it's a bit early for that?", Sehun asked.

"No, we love each other and we want to be together.",Minho commented,"Thank you for letting me keep my stuff here, I'll see you at practice.".

"Wait!",Sehun yelled,"I think you're making a huge mistake I don't think you should leave.".

"I'm sure of my decision Sehun, don't worry about it.", Minho stated.

"Minho I don't want you to go.", Sehun begged.

"Sehun you're acting like we are never going to see each other again.", Minho said as he placed his hand on Sehun's shoulder,"Calm down, I'll see you at practice today.".

"Are you that clueless? Don't you get it?", Sehun said as he grabbed Minho's hand,"I'm in love with you, I don't want you to go.".

Minho pulled his hand away from Sehun's grasp."I don't want to ruin our friendship, I'll pretend I didn't hear that.", he said still shocked at his friend's love confession.

"Why didn't you ever consider me?!",Sehun yelled,"What's so good about Jonghyun anyways, he's not good enough for you!"."

"How dare you say that.", Minho yelled,"I love him, he means everything to me. If you can't be happy for me and accept that, then we shouldn't even be friends!".

"Fine by me, I dont want to be your friend.",Sehun yelled as he then locked himself up in his room.

Kai bowed,"I'm so sorry, if you still have stuff in his room I'll get them for you.".

"Thanks Kai, but I have everything.",Minho replied,"Key lets go.".

"Okay.",Key smiled at Kai and followed Minho out the door.

                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

Onew felt something brushed against his lips. He squinted his eyes in disbelief several times when he came face to face with Taemin. He immediately pushed him away in shock as he then fell out of the bed.

"Onew are you okay?", Taemin asked as he got out of bed to help him up.

Onew got up on his own as he stared in complete disbelief at a shirtless Taemin,"Did you just kiss me?".

"Yes.", Taemin blushed,"I thought it was a good way to wake you up.".

"What are you doing here?",Onew asked confused.

"We slept together.", he answered,"I told you I could go back home and you let me stay.".

"What do you mean by we slept together?",Onew sat at the corner of his bed as a million thoughts ran through his mind,"I recall talking to you last night on the phone, I'm sure I went to bed on my own.".

"Oh no no. I didn't mean that kind of slept together.", Taemin correct himself,"I meant that we fell asleep together in the same bed.".

Onew sighed with relief he was glad that he actually didn't sleep with Taemin last night. He almost made that mistake with Key, and he didn't feel like repeating it with neither of them. "Put your shirt back on.", Onew said as he laid back down.

Taemin grabbed his shirt from the ground and put it on,"Are you mad at me?", he asked as he laid down beside him, resting his head on Onew chest.

"No, I just don't understand what you are doing here.",Onew said feeling a bit confused.

"Than told me we were no longer going to see each other again.", Taemin sighed,"I just felt like I needed a better explanation than the one you gave me. Besides something is telling me you really don't want to end this. I noticed how jealous you were when you saw me with Max, you can't deny that.".

"Yes, I was jealous when I saw you with Max, but I was also concerned.", Onew said."You don't know him like I do, he can be very charming and persuasive. He is someone you can't trust, just stay away from him okay.".

Taemin smiled as he gave Onew a kiss on the lips and cuddle up to him."To be honest with you he kinda creeps me out.".

"Why? What did he do to you?", Onew asked feeling a bit concerned.

"I feel like he stalks me sometimes, but don't worry I'll stay away from him. I promise",Taemin answered,"Onew the thing I don't understand is, why did you see Max before you came to see me.".

"I didn't. I ran into him when I way my way to see.",Onew stopped himself from saying Key, he didn't want to hurt Taemin anymore.

"To see who? Key?", Taemin asked,"Did you go to see Key before me?".  

"No.",he lied,"Besides none of this matters anymore.". Onew slightly pushed Taemin off of him as he got out of bed,"Taemin when I said I no longer wanted to tutor you, or see you again I meant it. I don't want to make this harder than it already is, can you please leave.", Onew said as he opened his bedroom door.

Taemin immediately got off of the bed and slammed the door shut,"I don't understand why you keep pushing me away. I know you like me why are you doing this?".

"I can't be with you, I can't be with anyone. I hurt you and Key both and I don't longer want to do that.", Onew stated,"I just need sometime to sort out my feelings. Alone away from you, away from Key.".

"You say you don't want to hurt me. But pushing me away you are hurting me.", Taemin grabbed Onew's hand."Please don't leave me, I'll give you all the time that you need to sort out your feelings. I won't try to kiss you anymore. I won't even hug you, but please let me see you everyday.".

 "I'm sorry Taemin.",Onew said as he saw Taemin was in the verge of tears,"I can't see you, I can't be with you.".

Taemin covered his face as he began to cry,"I hate you!.".

"I'm really sorry Taemin.", Onew repeated . He hated seeing Taemin like this he wanted to hug him and tell him everything was going to be okay. Onew knew it was for the best Taemin hated him, maybe that way he would be able to move on and find someone else, someone that was deserving of his love. 

"Don't apologize!", Taemin yelled,"I'm tired of hearing your apologies. Just tell me you love me, just be with me. Please make me happy again.". Taemin hugged Onew tightly as he cried,"Please don't leave me.".

Onew hugged Taemin for the last time, he kept him in his arms around him for over half an hour. This was going to be the last time he was going to be see Taemin, he took in scent, he wanted to remember him before he said goodbye."Taemin.", he finally spoke,"I won't apologize to you anymore but this is were we say goodbye.".

                                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

Key sighed,"Minho wait! Are you alright?",he asked feeling concerned. He had never seen Minho so worked up, with something that didn't have to do with sports before.

"I can't believe him.", Minho said as he got into the driver's seat,"I hate him so much.".

"Minho let me drive.",he said as he noticed how mad his friend was.

"I'm fine Key, thanks anyways. I just don't understand him, why does he have a problem with me dating Jonghyun. He supported me when I told him I liked Taemin, why is Jonghyun any different?", Minho asked as he began to drive."It just irritates me that he looked down on Jonghyun. What gives him the right to say he Jonghyun isn't good enough for me.".

"I think Sehun was just jealous. Well lets face it Taemin wasn't that official, it was just one sided love on your part. I believe deep down Sehun thought he had a chance with you, but now that you are officially with Jjong he lost all hope.", Key commented,"Just forget about him. You're in love and are about to take a huge step in your relationship. Don't let Sehun ruin this for you, be happy.".

Minho sighed and smiled,"You're right I haven't been this happy in a long time. I have never been this in love with anyone, Jonghyun is amazing I can't imagine my life without him.".

Key smiled at Minho as he parked the car. He got out of the car and looked over to what was Onew's bedroom window. Half of him wanted Onew to be there, the other half didn't he was afraid that he was going to break down and cry again if he saw him. As he and Minho began to unload the car, Key felt a bit relieved seeing that Onew's bike wasn't there. "Do you hear that?", Key asked as he walked into the house.

"Hear what?", Minho asked as he made his way to his new bedroom.

"It sounds like someone is crying, and its coming from Onew's bedroom.", Key said as he put down Minho's stuff in the living room and walked towards Onew's bedroom.

Minho grabbed key by the arm,"Key I don't think you should go in there.".

Key yanked his arm away from Minho's grasped,"If Onew is sad and crying I want to be there for him.".

"Key please, just leave him alone.", Minho begged.

"I can't I love him.",Key said as he opened the door. To his surprise he saw Taemin there."What's this? Why is Taemin with you in your bedroom?".

"Minho!", Taemin ran straight into Minho's arms and continued to cry.

"Key it's not what you think.",Onew said,"Nothing happened between Taemin and I.".

"Then why is he here?", Key asked as he tried to hold back his tears,"You lied to me you told me you were ending things with us both?".

"I just ended things with him right now.", Onew explained.

"How's the moving going? Do you need any help",Jonghyun said as he walked in to the house."Minho what is going on here?".

"Jonghyun it's not what you think.", Minho answered.

"Jjong it's all my fault.", Onew said,"Don't get at Minho I just ended things with Taemin, he was just feeling upset and.".

"You just ended things with Taemin after he slept with him!", Key yelled,"How can you not expect him to be upset.".

"We didn't sleep together.", Taemin said he burried his face on Minho chest.

"I had enough!", Jonghyun yelled as he separated Minho from Taemin,"Taemin listen I know you're upset,  but find another shoulder to cry on! Stay away from my boyfriend!". Jonghyun then grabbed Minho's hand and led him towards his bedroom.

Taemin wiped away his own tears,"Bye Jinki.", he said before he left.

"What are you waiting for, run after him.", Key said.

"I don't want to.", Onew said,"I know you don't believe me but I swear that I didn't do anything with him.".

"It doesn't matter anymore. We can't be together", Key began to cry as he then gave Onew a kiss on the lips,"Bye.". Key ran out of Onew's house and got on the first cab he saw. He looked out the car window hoping Onew had followed him, but he was no where in sight. Key decided to go to his father's office earlier than expected, he wiped his tears away so his father wouldn't notice that he was crying. Once he got to his father's office he waited patiently outside for him in silence.

"You're here early.", his father commented as he exited his office.

"I hope you don't mind.", Key said.

"Actually it works out great.", his father said,"Come in to my office."

Key felt a bit surprised that for once his father seemed happy to see him,"It's everything okay dad.".

"I know we were planning to have dinner together but I can't tonight, I was going to cancel it but since you're here I'll tell you the good news.", his father said,"I've decided to give you back your car. Since you and Jonghyun got along great, I thought you deserved a reward.".

"Thank you father.", Key said as he got his car keys.

"Please learn a thing or two from Jonghyun, I heard from his father that he has a very lovely girlfriend.", his father stated.

Key gave his father a halfhearted smiled a bit disappointed and not surprise that his father was still ashamed of his homeuality."Thanks for the car bye.".Key stood up and left, completely ignoring his father's comment.". Key felt extremely hurt both by Onew and his father, he took a cab to his parent's home to pick up his car. Once he got in his car he took off and headed straight for the bar. Key felt very lonely he wanted to forget everything, so he began to drink his troubles away.

                                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

Taemin cried  at the bus stop, he felt lonely and unwanted. Not being able to see Onew again, made him feel like a piece of him was missing, he felt empty inside. Onew was all he thought about for over a year and now that it was over, he felt lost. What bothered Taemin the most was  that Onew decided to stay back and explain things to Key instead of coming after him. It made Taemin feel that Jinki prefer Key over him, it made him feel so unloved. Taemin also just realized that Minho had finally moved on, and he was happy for his friend. But it still hurt knowing that they could not be as close as they use to be. The last thing Taemin wanted to do was complicate things for Minho, he was happy that his friend finally found someone that could give him what Taemin couldn't  which was love. Taemin was just extremely depressed that he lost his love and a friend all in the same day.

"Are you okay?", Max asked as he stopped the car right in front of Taemin.

"Not really.", Taemin sighed as he wiped his tears away."Can you give me a ride?", Taemin asked. He didn't want to be alone tonight and he didn't feel like being scolded by Kai and Krystal. He just wanted to be with someone that would make him feel wanted, and the closest thing to that was Max.

"Sure.", Max smiled as Taemin got in his car."So were do you live?".

"Actually I don't want to go home.", Taemin said,"Take me wherever you want, I just don't want to go home.".

Max smirked,"I got the perfect place.".

The whole ride was completely silent. Taemin had no clue were Max was taking him, he didn't recognize the road or the place. 

"Come on.", Max said as he got off of the car.

"Were are we?", Taemin asked as he followed Max inside.

"A bar.", he answered," You'll be surprise what a good drink can do.".

"I don't feel like drinking.", Taemin said as he sat down by the bar. 

"Then what is it that you want?", Max asked,"What is it that you want from me?".

"I just didn't want to be alone.", Taemin answered,"I'm sorry I shouldn't have came here, can you please take me home.". 

"I don't know what Onew did to you, but obviously you are upset because of him.", he said,"I'll take you home after we have a drink, Taemin let me help you.". 

Taemin saw the drink Max had ordered for him. He pained him to remember the first time he, Jonghyun  and Onew went out and drank with each other. Taemin knew that Max couldn't be trusted but he wanted to forget everything that happened today, so he decided to take the drink. Taemin was in his fourth drink when he started to feel light headed. His vision was a bit blurred but he still was able to see Max. He noticed that Max had his phone in his hand as he took several pictures of them together."What's with the pictures?", A very buzzed Taemin asked.

"Nothing important don't worry about it.", he answered,"You look great in all of them though.",

Taemin blushed,"Thank you for being so nice to me today.Can I have one more drink?".

"I don't think you can take another drink.", Max answered,"Let me take you home.".

Taemin shook his head as he then placed a finger on Max's lips,"Shhh! I can't go home my parents would be mad.".

"Is there a friend's  house I can take you to?", Max asked.

Taemin nodded, "I don't remember how to get there." He laughed,"To be honest I can't remember anything.".

"I told you drinking would work.", he comment with a laughed,"Do you want to go to my house then? I don't know where else to take you.".

"Sure lets just go now, I'm feeling kinda tired.", Taemin said as he stumbled out of his seat.

Max caught him and led Taemin outside,"Let's just take one more picture to remember this night.", Max said as he took out his phone."Smile. Onew is going to see this".

Taemin didn't care much for the picture he did his best effort to smile but then he stumbled onto Max and rested his head on Max's shoulder, "You got your picture, can we please go.".

When Taemin was about to get in the car with Max, Kai stopped him,"Taemin what are you doing? Who is he?".

"He's Max.", Taemin said as he hugged Kai, "Are you going to his house too?".

"Taemin your not going anywhere with him.", Kai said as he closed Max's car door, "Your coming with me.".

"I wasn't going to do anything to him.", Max said,"I'm not a .".

"Maybe you aren't but I don't know you, so I don't trust you.", Kai answered.

"Fair enough, I got what I wanted from him anyways. Have fun you two.", Max said as he drove away.

Kai called a cab as he held Taemin in place, preventing him from falling,"What did you and the Max guy do?".

Taemin just rested his head on Kai shoulder without saying a word.

"Answer me!", he demanded. 

"I'm tired, lets talk later okay.", Taemin answered.

Kai placed Taemin in the cab and then got on himself,"Taemin I need to know now, did that guy do anything to you.".

"No, we just drank and took some pictures.", Taemin mumbled,"Can you be quiet please, I'm tired.".

"What kind of pictures?", Kai asked.

"I don't remember let me sleep.", he responded.

Kai paid for the cab and brought Taemin inside his dorm bedroom, "Go to sleep here okay.".

Taemin laid down on Kai's bed and immediately falling asleep.

                                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 

A/N: Well that does it for this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it and sorry once again for any spelling and grammar mistake, its late at night when I typed this. Thank you for reading my story and showing it so much love, please leave a comment I really enjoy reading them. See you all in chapter 13 to find out why Max's was taking so much pictures...