Jinki

Crossroad Lovers

Onew slept peacefully covered from head to toe. It was about 10 am, fifteen minutes before the young college student first class. He slept peacefully unaware of his surroundings, as his roommate Jonghyun entered his bedroom.

Jonghyun shook Onew right arm,"Onew wake up, you're going to be late", he sternly said as he shook his friend with more force. 

Onew simply ignored him and continued with his slumber.

"Lee Jinki! Get up now!", the now annoyed roommate demanded." You asked for it", he yelled as he slammed his whole body onto the unexpected sleeper.

The air in Onew's lungs escaped him, as he felt a sharp pain in his abdomen. "I'm up", he said as he sat up holding his stomach.

"Good", Jonghyun said getting off of Onew's bed, "I'll meet you for lunch," he yelled exiting the room.

Onew quickly grabbed the first thing he saw in his closet and changed. He rushed out of his room, jumped onto his bike and headed towards school.  Arriving late to class every Monday was becoming a routine for the young man. He didn't want to become a burden to his best friend/roommate Jonghyun. It was a habit that he had to break fast he thought to himself, as he put his bike rack and chained it. Onew quickly and quietly entered his class sitting at the first empty seat he spotted. He sat there catching his breath, when he came to the realization that he forgot his book bag. The young man sighed feeling disappointed at himself," I guess, I'll just listen to the lecture today",he thought to himself.

After class Onew headed towards the campus Cafeteria, where he was going to meet Jonghyun. He got fried chicken and rice, as he headed toward were Jonghyun was seated.

"Chicken again?", Jonghyun teased his friend as he stole a bite of his chicken.

Onews simply laughed and then took his piece of chicken back as he took a bite. " I forgot my book bag this morning", he informed him.

"The reason you forgot it, was because I hid it", he confessed with a smirk, " You didn't even noticed did you?"

" No I just though I forgot it", Onew laughed at his best friend failed prank.

As they ate their lunch and teased each other, Onew got an unexpected call from his mom. "Jonghyun I'll see you later tonight, he informed him as he stood.

"Where are you going? What about our 2pm class", Jonghyun question.

"Just fill me in later, I need to go take care of my parents Meat Shop", he said as he rushed out.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Taemin had just gotten home from school, when his mother sent them to the meat shop for tonight's dinner. Taemin loved meat so he happily agreed to go. As he walked there he couldn't stop thinking about grilled meat, it was making his mouth water. The happy youngster entered the meat shop and quickly exited. Hoping that he didn't get spotted by the handsome man there, he quickly peeked in. Taemin felt flushed and nervous . The last time he saw that man he embarrassed himself, he was a blabbering mess. It had been six months since he last saw him, he was more than thrilled to see him again. Taemin composed himself took a deep breath and when into the meat shop.

" What can I help you with?", the man behind the counter ask with a smile.

Taemin smiled as he stared mesmerized at his crush. He had always loved his smile, that was one of the reason he fell for him."Can I have 7lbs of beef please", he slightly stuttered as he search for the man's name tag.

"Certainly", the man said with a smile as he began to grab some meat and placing it in the bag.

Taemin had hoped the meat hadn't been cut, he really wanted to see the man's muscle as he cut it. He looked quite muscular, but to his dismay the meat had already been nicely cut.

"Anything else?", the man questioned as he finished weighing the meat and tyingthe bag.

"That's all thanks", Taemin answered. "I need to take advantage of this opportunity, I need to know his name", he thought to himself. As he took out his money to pay an idea struck him." Where's the nice woman, who is always here?", Taemin asked trying to strike a conversation. Taemin had always been a shy person, this was not easy for him. He began to feel hot, as he tried hard not to let it show that he was nervous. Which was hard to do especially since the person he wanted to speak was non other than his crush.

"Oh my mom," he answered. " She had something to do, but she should be back tomorrow. Well at least I hope so" he informed him, "If not, I'll be here".

"Then I might see you tomorrow", Taemin said feeling flushed,"My name is Lee Taemin. Whats Yours?".

"Lee Jinki, but my friends call me Onew", he smiled as he handed Taemin his bag, " It was really nice to meet you Taemin, and thanks for coming".

"It was really nice to meet you Jinki", Taemin said as he grabbed his bag. Taemin's fingers slightly brushed against Onew's making him blush. He smiled and gleefully exited the shop.

Taemin rushed home and handed his mother the meat as he bolted into his room. Shutting the door behind him he quickly pulled out his phone and called his friend Krystal. "Krystal", he screamed into the phone. " He was there today, after six whole months of waiting . I finally talked to him and figured out his name. His name is Lee Jinki", Taemin said full of hope and excitement.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Key was having a very stressful day, he was irritated and beyond annoyed. "I'm going to become insane", the young man thought to himself completely bored. He was at his father work place, waiting for him to get out of aboard meeting. It was supposed to be one of their monthly dinners, yet he was stuck at his father's office. "I shouldn't have came," he said to himself regretting his decision. It had promised his grandmother, so he showed up. "I should had known better", he sighed as he stared at the screen of his now dead phone. After an hour later, Key had fallen asleep at his father's work chair.

"Kibum, wake up", his father demanded. 

Key rubbed his eyes and stood up, lightly stretching, " So where are we going to dinner?".

"I'm exhausted, just tell your grandmother we had dinner, "his father informed him as he handed him some money.

Key took the money smiled and slammed the door behind him. The relationship between Key and his father was not in the best terms at the moment. His father was having a difficult time exception his son's ual preference. Key knew that his father loved him, and that it was going to take some time for his father to except it. Even knowing that Key still annoyed and he was loosing his patience, he wanted his father back. "It just going to take some time", he muttered to himself as he exited the building. It was a quarter to ten, and the bus to his neighborhood had passed ten minutes ago. The next one wasn't arriving till an hour. " I miss my car", he whined to himself as he began to look for a taxi cab. He spotted one and rushed to it immediately not knowing it was already occupied. As he opened the taxi door, he saw a kind looking handsome man with a startled expression. " Sorry I didnt know it was occupied", Key stated as he bowed feeling embarrassed.

"It's alright", the man smiled."I'm heading to main street," he informed," I don't mind sharing".

"I was heading to main street as well", Key gleefully responded as he got into the taxi cab. " Thank you for sharing the cab. My name is Kim Kibum, but my friends call me Key".

"My name is Lee Jinki, but my friends call me Onew", he responded as he shook Key's hand.

Key blushed as he felt a rush of electricity all over his body. This had never happened to him, he was quite surprised of how attracted he was to this man. He didn't believe in love at first sight, but this was the closest he had come to it. Throughout the silent car ride Key will occasionally glance over at the now tired looking man. He couldn't figure out why he was so intrigued by him. Key now became glad he had his car taken away and that he came to meet his father, "It wasn't a complete waste of time he said to himself. As random thoughts scattered through his head, he suddenly heard the sound of a screeching tire. Key slender body flung forward, and was immediately caught by Onew. Preventing him from going any further. Key looked at the man that was leaning over protecting him. They were inches apart as their eyes meet. Key heart skipped a beat and he immediately became flushed.

"Are you okay?", Onew asked Key.

"I'm alright", key responded as the man went back to his seat.

As they continued to make their way to main street. Onew and Key started to converse in small talk. They talked about college courses, taste in music, their likes and dislikes. Key discovered that Onew was a very intellectual man who had very corny jokes, and didn't hesitate to speak his mind. He was also very kind, helpful and caring. Key wanted to know more about him. Once they arrived at main street, Onew got off and paid the cab fee.

"Thank you, Jinki", Key bowed as he closed the car door behind him,"How much do I owe you?".

" Call me Onew, and its alright you can pay next time", He responded," It was nice meeting you Key".

Key couldn't help but stare completely mesmerized at Onew as he waved goodbye and  walked away. Knowing and hoping that he would see him again very soon.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Minho was walking back to his dorm from practiced, as he spotted his best friend on main street. "Key he yelled as he ran to key's side."What are we doing? he asked as he looked to were Key was staring.

"I completely forgot to get his number", key said in a whisper that Minho managed to understand.

"Whose number?" he curiously asked.

"Nothing, forget it", Key exhaled as he began to walk away.

Minho kept on starring in the direction, Key was staring at before. Not noticing Key had already started heading off. "Key couldn't possibly had been staring at that guy, who was getting his bike", he thought to himself referring to the man he saw earlier. When he was staring off into the distance with Key. "Yo Key. Where you referring to the man with the bike, when you said his number?", Minho asked as he looked to his left noticing Key was gone. As soon as Minho spotted him her ran towards him, "Yo Key wait up".

Key stopped and waited for Minho to catch up, "How can you still have energy to run?", he asked.

"Nevermind that", he said as he then drank some water, "So how was dinner with your dad?"

Key made a disgusted face and grew some distance between him and Minho, "You reek of sweat", he informed him.

"Sorry", Minho said as he closed the gap between them. Minho loved to teased and annoy Key. Even though he sometimes knew that he took it to far, due to how Key glared at him. He couldnt help himself. He liked coming in contact with Key, you can say he even craved it. Minho hugged the shorter man and began to rub himself against him.

"Stop", Key glared as he tried to push the man away.

"Say it, Say it and I'll stop", Minho continued.

"Fine, fine. Minho is the best athlete in the whole school, and he is better looking than me", Key muttered the last part.

Minho let go at his best friend satisfied with what he heard. It wasnt that Key was vain, but his best friend knew he was good looking. He often criticized and nagged Minho. It was nice to once in a while hear Key complement him and put himself down. Minho and Key had know each other since elementary school. People often told Minho that they didn't understand the relationship between him and Key. They called Key a diva, self centered and etc. ..But Minho knew Key wasn't like that at all. He was kind and caring, and always there when Minho needed him the most.

"Are you satisfied?", Key chuckled.

"Very", Minho replied as he petted Key's hair. "So how was dinner with your dad?".

"We didn't have dinner?"he answered.

Minho noticed that Key mood suddenly changed for the worst, when he mentioned his father. The last thing Minho wanted to do was upset him. "So do you want to go out to eat?", Minho suggested hoping to change his companion's mood.

"No, I'm tired. I'm heading to bed", Key said as the reach their dorm building.

"Have a good night", Minho said as key waved goodbye. He then headed the opposite direction towards his dorm room. Once he arrive to his dorm room he took a quick shower and headed straight to bed.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: So that was the first chapter of Crossroad Lovers. I hope you all enjoyed it. I have many great ideas for this story that I hope you will love. Also Jonghyun is part of this story but he didnt have a P.O.V. in this chapter... Please comment and enjoy. :)