EPILOGUE

A Wallflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Days went on like how usual everything was . Junhoe was getting back into school , just like how Jinhwan wanted him to . Even though the latter would constantly whine and grunt trying to persuade the older , Jinhwan still forced him to go to that hellish place . 

"Don't forget your lunch !" The small boy ran towards the door , holding a paper back with sandwiches inside he made for the younger.  

"Woops almost forgot about that" Junhoe smiled while he was putting on his shoes . He took the bag from Jinhwan and gave a soft peck on the older's forehead as he was about to leave . "See you later hyung!" 

Jinhwan waved at him before the tall boy's shadow disappeared around the corner of the street . After the younger was gone , Jinhwan was sure that it was another typical boring day for hin to spent his time alone in which he wasn't really fond of . It started ever since Junhoe took extra classes after 3 due to his absentees for two weeks and missing a lot of lessons . It was only Sunday and Saturday that they would go to the mall and watch some new movies while dramas were to be watch at night , crying on each other's shoulder. The chilly wind broke into the living room and snapped Jinhwan back into reality . He shivered as he wrapped himself with his short arms . "Why is it so cold ? It's not it's gonna rain or something" He closed the nearest opened windows and rubbed his palm together . It was so cold , it felt like winter was- 

Jinhwan's eyes widen in shock abd before he knew it he was searching for the date today on the calendar stuck on Junhoe's refrigerator . "How could we miss...." The date showed the 2nd of December .

 

"HOLY !!" 

 

**

 

"Good job on the test Junhoe . You really redeemed yourself after not showing up for classes the past two weeks . Here's your score"  The tall boy extended his hand towards his paper as his teacher flashed him a satisfied smile . "Thanks sir TOP" Junhoe sat back down on his seat as the other students eyed him with hints of malice on their face . Jealous , Junhoe thought before he gave a smirk and examined his paper.  He indeed did better this time . An A- is enough to be happy about , plus all the extra classes he had been pulling on did paid off . Wait until he tells Jinhwan about this , he would surely be jumping up and down in excitement . The class was then dismissed minutes later due to some urgent meeting his teacher was called upon . He packed his things and went towards the door even though he could still feel eyes drilling through his back . 

At his locker , Junhoe took out all his books from his bag and stuffed them inside with a little breath of sigh escaping his mouth . A photo of Jinhwan and him was glued to the side of his locker , taken when they visited the opera house at Australia and so a gentle remember to the younger that whenever he feels sad , he can always think about his hyung and that sweet smile of his . The corner of the boy's mouth rose up slightly before he close the locker.  He didn't even noticed a grinning figure standing beside him , leaning against another locker . Junhoe turned and gasped as he held his heart , "Oh God ! Next time would you atleast say hi rather than just standing silent centimetres away from me ?" Junhoe rolled his eyes but Mino just kept smiling and chuckled at the shocked boy before he slung his arm around his shoulder.  

"Sooooo , we're having a game today . Wanna join ?" Junhoe slithered his way out from the older's arm but failed so he just bear with it . 

"It's like 10 degrees outside , do you want me to get a frostbite or something ?" Mino faked a lame laugh as Junhoe grunted and questioned why he was ever friends with the older . 

"Dude , there's a match in like a week , don't you think practising would be a great thing right now ?" 

"Having you slipping your way into a pond right now would be a great thing for me" Junhoe's internal sass came out but Mino waved it off like it has no effect on him . 

"C'mon ! It's already December 2nd !" Junhoe's eyes widen at what Mino had just said and pushed the latter away . "Crap , it's today !" Mino looked at him confusingly, either to ask or just wait for an answer . But he didn't get any as Junhoe knew it would end up another energy-consuming converstaion with the older . "It's Yunhyeong's birthday , hello ?"  He finally gave up because he rather have this than another annoying blank stare from Mino.  The older just remained stationary and with that Junhoe grabbed his wrist , making their way out of the bullding . After horrendously surviving a mass of student inside the hallway , both guys finally ended up at the back of their school . "Wait , why didn't I know about this ? I could've bought a present earlier !" Mino cried out , making a sad face . Junhoe just shushed him before Jinhwan reached for his call , "Hello ? Jinan-hyung . I-what ? Oh god not you too" The younger face palmed himself before Mino creeped behind his back to hear their conversation .

"Can you not ?" Junhoe pushed Mino away who was teasing him annoyingly . 

"What was that ?" 

"Um no hyung ! Sorry , Mino was being annoying" He nervously scratched his head . 

"Why-nevermind . Just tag him along and go as what Jiwon had planned and we'll meet up at the place at 4" 

"But hyung , don't you think it's kinda cold outside . Its freezing and-" Junhoe was pleading like a baby towards his hyung and of course with being extra cute . 

"No . I won't cancel it" Jinhwan said sternly and Junhoe sighed as he pouted but the older cant see that and so he stomped his feet in dismay . Mino only looked at the younger's behaviour while chewing some gums . 

"Fine . Oh and hyung , I got an A- on Biology" The tall boy said with a smile . "Really ?!" He pulled the phone away from his ear because honestly Junhoe's ear would probably bleed if his hyung would ever yelled like that over the phone again . "Yes , and you almost blow my eardrum away . But we'll talk about that later , we're running out of time.  We'll meet up there and wear something extra warm and cozy okay ? I dont want to see you getting a cold" He said while feeling the shivers on his body .

"Okay Junne-ah . Dont get a cold yourself . I'll bring a jacket for you later , bye" 

"Bye hyung" Junhoe ended the call and put the phone back into his pocket . He didn't realized that Mino was observing him for a while . "What ?" He questioned before he pushed the door open and walked down the streets . "Nothing" Mino catched up and walked behind hin with a slower pace . The atmosphere suddenly became tense and Junhoe wasn't used to with older staying quiet and all . He's usually more playful than any of his friends , except Yunhyeong when he meets Donghyk . God that would cause a mass destruction .  "If you want to talk about something , I'm always listening you know . Even though you're irritating at times" Junhoe finally broke the silence and leaving Mino stupefied by the statement . He wanted to but ever since no one tried to hear or care what he has to say , even things that excites him he had stopped trying . Mostly his 'ex' friends like Ray would hear out his thoughts but that didn't really reached to some deep or meaningful point as the latter would look unbothered and could care any less . "It's just.... it's good having someone to talk about something that excites you and makes you happy , huh ?" Junhoe stopped his track and turned around , making Mino flinch with the sudden stop . "All of my friends...my old friends to be exact , they never really cared what I say or anything I want to talk about . They would always fend me off or would tell me to go tell my stories to the nerds while some would barged into my conversation then left me hanging beside them" He hung his head low , clenhing on the straps of his school bag . Junhoe stayed silent for a minute and looked at the older with much sympathy . He knew exactly how its felt like to have your situation like that . Left alone and not being cared about . But he is Mino's friend and he should feel nothing less than feeling appreciated wuth having awesome people around him . Junhoe reached out and gripped the older's shoulder . A reassuring smile on his face once Mino finally looked up . "You don't have to feel that way anymore . We're your friends now and whatever you feel or need to say , know that we will always be there for you . We don't keep things to ourselves because that would only make things worse . We'll be there if you ever need anything , hyung" Mino didn't realized that a tear drop came rolling his cheek .Junhoe was right , they are his friends now . His smile came forming back onto his face and wiped the tears away from the back of his hand . "Thanks Junhoe" Mino sniffed and chuckled , why ? He himself doesn't even know . "Anytime . Now let's get going , i don't want to arrive with an angry Jinhwan later" 

 

**

 

"What the hell I thought you already picked them up at the store ?" Jiwon cried out and rested his forehead on the steering wheel . Jinhwan was sitting beside him , having a mental breadkdown himself but his brother was making it more difficult . "Im sorry ! I forgot about them because all the rushing this and that and presents and cakes , i want to cry !" Jinhwan covered his head with his scarf in frustration . Jiwon then pulled it down , and a pout was on his little brother's face . "Ugh , let's just go and get them quickly" The small boy nod in agreement as his brother drove the car in a medium pace because well even if its late he definitely didn't want to die in a car crash suddenly . " I hope this plan works" Jiwon said . Jinhwan didn't answer because he was chewing down his lips with the thought about their presents and the time . "Of course it will" He finally replied . " He will never see it coming , it's like uhh.....a double event" The boy snapped his fingers and getting jittery every passed seconds . He adjusted his seatbelt and turned the volume of the radio up , hoping the music will take away his nervousness . "Your music taste " Jinhwan commented on the weird instrumental music coming from his Bobby's playlist . "Then turn it off" Jiwon said without looking . "Im nervous so whatever this is , I'm willing to bear it" He then looked up to see the shop a few metres more . "Hope you can bear burning off more cash" Jinhwan made a cute and sad face towards his brother . For a reason . "Just go" Jiwon rolled his eyes and stopped at the parking lane before unlocking the door . 

"Hello miss , I'm here to pick up my presents that I forgot" Jinhwan adjusted his scarf because damn it was more colder insde the shop than the outside . He even top toed and leaned on the counter because it was too high for him . The lady on the computer then averted her gaze towards him and greeted with a warm smile . He wished that could warm this room for a while . "Oh ! I thought you almost forgot about them , they're at the back" She stood up , her height overtowering him and ushered her way towards a couch . The small boy saw the presents laying flat on the couch and didn't hesitated before locking the bag under his gri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter