You Lied

A Wallflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The day had finally arrived . Five days of intense and hard practice , the day of Junhoe's match had finally came to its date. The tall boy put on his team's shirt and a medium sports short just right above his knee . The reflection of himself in the mirror gave him some time to distinguish his goal for this match , 'to aim for the better' . Just like how he aimed in his studies and as well in sports . As Junhoe slipped his school bag over his shoulder , he went down to the kitchen only to find Jinhwan preparing some breakfast . It was only 4.50 a.m , and the sun havent even rise yet from its slumber . "Have breakfast first Junne-ah , you'll need the energy you can get ." The older said as he sets the plates on the table . 

Junhoe sat at the end of the table as Jinhwan made him some pancakes . "I thought we ran out of pancakes ?" the younger said as he swallow a big chuck of his food and slowly gulping down an orange juice Jinhwan prepared . "I called Yunhyeong yesterday to get me some groceries and he managed to sent it home since I was still sick to go out . " Jinhwan said as he cleaned the counter and washed the utensils he used to make the pancakes . Then the air went silent , as the atmosphere suddenly tensed between the both of them . Junhoe was feeling uncomfortable because Jinhwan was somehow acting strange . He finished his food and brought his plate to the sink where Jinhwan was still washing the plates and spoons . 

"Hyung , is everything okay ?" Junhoe said as he put the plate in the sink and looked down on the older . Jinhwan didnt respond for a minute when he finally finished washing and wiped his wet hand with a cloth . He spun around and looked up to the tall boy . "Nothing , everything is okay Junne-ah . I told you that ." the tiny boy let out a slight smile and ruffled the tall boy's hair . "Are you sure ? You still sick ? Did I do something that upset you ?" Junhoe was now worried , he thought that Jinhwan might have finally discovered that he was hanging out with Rey and the others . He was about to spill the bean but bite it down when Jinhwan suddenly hugged him . It was a warm hug . The kind of hug when someone wants to tell you something sad but just ended up hugging you . "Im okay Junne-ah ." Jinhwan said sofly under Junhoe's shirt as the tall boy rested his chin on the older's head .

Jinhwan then pulled away from the hug and rested his hands on the younger's shoulders . "Now you go . Its almost 5.30 a.m . You have a  big match today . Im sorry I couldn't be there , still kinda sick ." Jinhwan said before faking a soft cough . Junhoe giggle a little before caressing his hyung's hair . " Okay then . Dont worry about not being there , I'll do my best even when you're not watching . " the tall boy stared down at Jinhwan's dark brown coloured eyes . Moments later Junhoe reached for his bag at the sofa and headed towards the front door . "Goodluck Junne-ah ! " Jinhwan said and waved from the kitchen . "Thanks hyung ! See you in the evening ." the tall boy shouted as he ran off closing the door behind him . Jinhwan took a glance at the younger running across the streets and through the lane where  they usually go to school . "I'll see you then ." 

 

 

                                                     ***

 

 

"Come on guys ! We have 20 minutes before show time !" the coach yelled at the team as they warmed up before the match . Junhoe wasnt always nervous , but this time he felt the vein on his head throbbing . His heart pounding as if it wanted to escape from his body . The sweats began trickling down his forehead and reached to his mouth . They were in the hallway gathering up before the match . The empty hallway and silent stairway indicates that probably every student was in the hall , their loud cheering filling the atmosphere . As their team was called out , the door to the hall opened and Junhoe felt the sharp lights piercing to his eyes as he squinted before jogging off inside following his teammates . 

The cheers and shouts filled the hall as if Junhoe felt the earth beneath him shaking . His eardrums rang to the sound of people shouting and showing off their banners for their school's team . "Yo , hand slaps . " Mino broke Junhoe's focus when their team went into the court to greet the opposing team from the other school . Apparently it was the Elite High School that Donghyuk attended but he didnt saw the latter , probably not much of a sports fan . They hand shaked with their opponents and went off to their designated positions . Junhoe looked on the score board , and showed zero to zero . "Not anymore" he smirked as Rey went to the middle to start the game . A minute after the referee chat with Rey and the opponent's team leader ,they hand shaked and distanced themselves . The whistle was blown as the ball went up in the air . Rey managed to touch it first and soon the game started . Junhoe kept down his cool and steadied his stance when the ball got near to him . "Here we go ." he said as the ball was passed to him . 

 

 

                                                      ***

 

 

Jinhwan put on his long sleeve shirt and another coat instead when he felt the chilly breeze entering Junhoe's bedroom . He let his hair fell to his forehead because he was to lazy to manage it . The small boy went down the stairs and through the living room before reaching the front door . The clouds were beginning to darken as the sun was no where to be seen . He closed the door behind him before reaching out to one of his pockets . The note from last night was now in his grasp before he slowly opened it and stared down on the small piece of paper . "Something special going on in the hall huh ?" Jinhwan whispered before putting the note back into his pocket and started off walking towards the lane to his school . 

After the half an hour long walk to the school , with his small hands tucked under the coat's pockets , Jinhwan finally made it to the front gate . The security saw the small boy and halt him before questioning him . "Hey there boy , any business going on here ?" the man said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter