EXT : A Gathering

A Wallflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- So here's one of the extra chapter apart the main story ! It's a long one so enjoy !! ( Early apology if i have any mistakes in this chap ; typos , grammar etc . I was kinda in a rush heheheh ) 

 

 

 

 

 

"Jinhwan-hyung...." 

"Hm ?" 

"Nothing" Junhoe turned to face the older on the bed , his back facing him while hugging a pillow . 

Junhoe waited and stare down at Jinhwan's back head as he bite down his lips in nervousness . "Hyung" He asked again . 

"What is it now ?" Jinhwan was obviously irritated already as he put the pillow on his head . This time Junhoe didn't held back . He back hugged the older and pulled him closer . "Hyungggg...I dont want to go !" The younger whined mercilessly as he pulled the pillow away and snuggled at the crook of Jinhwan's neck . The older then let put a groan and turned his body towards the boy , their nose centimetres away . "You have to . Or else you'll gonna get kicked out from the team" Jinhwan said as he stared Junhoe's half dreamy eyes and the smile of his that always make his heart flutter . He pecked the younger's lips and snuggle closer into him , his face buried at the his collarbones. Junhoe held the older tightly in his embrace , their warmth radiating towards each other. He sighed and closed his eyes but concern was a big deal for him to overcome his nervousness . 

"But what about-" 

"I told you already" The older said , now face buried on Junhoe's neck and cutting off the younger's sentence . "I've totally forgive what he had done . Just get on with the team or else your club marks will be reduced and your grades will sink rock bottom" He said and paused a little , letting in the scent of the younger linger around him . "Promise me that you will go . Okay ?" Jinhwan pulled away and looked into Junhoe's eyes passionately . The younger stared down at the small boy and leaned closer as he kissed those soft lips of his and chuckled for no reason . "Okay hyung" He replied before they went back cuddling with each other . 

 

                                                              ***

 

"Hyung I'll be going now !" Jinhwan turned around from the dishes as the sight of Junhoe waving a goodbye from him made a smile on the older's face . "Good luck and play well , Junne-ah" The older replied before Junhoe nodded with a smile and closed the front door , leaving the small one alone inside the enormous house . "What should I do today without him being around" Jinhwan sighed before he continued on washing the dishes . The older was just about to finish washing when the phone at the kitchen rang abruptly it made the small boy flinched . "Hello ?" He answered nervously while wiping his hands on his shirt . To be honest , no one actually called that frequently on the phone at the kitchen . If so , it was always Junhoe who would do the talking and most of the job . Thinking about the latter already made Jinhwan miss him more , even though they've just seen each other the last couple of minutes . 

"Hello , Jinhwan-hyung !" A voice which Jinhwan could literally recall . 

"Oh , it's you Yunhyeong . What is it ?" 

"No need to ask much , just come down to the shop right now !" His voice trailed off to a complete shock and worry over the phone . Jinhwan was confused but concerned at the same time . 

"Wait , what's wro-" And the line got cut off . This time , Jinhwan was far more than worried . His heart was beating so fast it might pop out from his chest . He was panting , fear consumed most of his thoughts . Without hesitation , the boy roughly put the phone back and jogged out of the house , keys dangling from his fingers . He half jog and and half ran because the morning air was cold and mostly clouds scattered up in the sky without the sun soaring anywhere . He went passed Junhoe's neighbours, and down the lane to Yunhyeong's shop . He swallowed down his throat and it tasted like bile . The boy was terrified of finding out what was happening . Let alone after Junhoe had left . Don't tell me ... 

"Yunhyeong ! " The boy slammed the door open and eyes searching inside the room . He heard something fell to the floor , near where the bathroom was . Jinhwan clasped his small hands to his chests , like a scared eight year old boy and slowly walked towards the sound . "H-hello ?" he stuttered , but no answers was heard . After walking passed the fourth aisle inside the shop , he finally made it to the bathroom . His eyes were glued to a can of food on the floor , with a dented side . Probably due to the fall . But who made it fell to the ground ? Clearly it was just him inside the shop the first thing when he entered . Was Yunhyeong bluffing to him ? Or was it another sick prank that he hates ? 

Jinhwan kneeled down and grabbed the can , feeling the dent . "What the-" He rested both his knees on the floor , his knee cap pressing hard on the cold tiled ground . But terror took the best of him , fingers shaking around the can he was holding . Right where the brand of the can was printed , a sentence he could quite read was written of the can . And the word was dripping slowly like blood , but he couldn't tell whether it is what he thought of or not . He squinted his eyes and that's when he can read the word accurately , his heart beating fast and vein throbbing beside his temple . 

" WELCOME BACK JINHWAN " 

He threw the can away and looked at the red stain on his palm , his body shaking and thoughts running wildly . The small boy quickly wiped the stain on his pants and before he could realized , a tall figure stood behind him . " Boo " The words reached his ears and sudden reflex let Jinhwan grabbed another can beside him and threw it to who ever was with him inside the shop . He covered his face with his arm , ready for any physical contact from the person . "Ouch ! Hey , that hurt you know !" The voice said in pain and Jinhwan could literally tell who it was already . " Jiwon ?" Jinwhan slowly put down his arm , revealing Jiwon half hurt and half smiling face . "Hello there Jinani" His brother greeted him with a warm smile though he winces as he grabbed his right arm right where Jinhwan threw the can . "I asked Yunhyeong to help call-" His words didnt even make it to the end as Jinhwan ran towards his brother and hugged him tightly . "Whoa there ! It's nice to meet you again Jinhwan . And ouch , maybe you could let loose abit " Jiwon laughed as the sight of his small brother coming towards him just like he used to when Jiwon visited their house rarely due to his studies . " Crap sorry about that " Jinhwan let go but his excitement upon seeing his brother was far more important . " But what the hell ?! What are you doing here ? I miss you so much ! " He jumped and hugged Jiwon for the second timw and the older groan but suppressed it because he loves seeing his small brother happy . "And was that your doing ?" Jinhwan pulled away , narrowing his eyes towards Jiwon before he pointed towards the can . The oldest among the two only stayed silent but his little brother's clod stare was so intimidating that he decided to give up . "It was Yunhyeong's idea . By the way it's fake blood" Jiwon grinned and when Jinhwan walked towards the can , to the spot where he threw near the bathroom, a figured jumped out from the bathroom . "Woooo- ouch !" Jinhwan slapped Yunhyeong's head just when the younger got out from the room with his scary mask on to scare the little boy . "That hurt" Yunhyeong said while rubbing his head and pretending to sob . "Tell that to Donghyuk please" The small boy said before picking up the can and placing it on the shelves . "You haven't answered my questioned yet hyung" Jinhwan faced towards his brother who was showing all his teeth to the sight of Yunhyeong getting a head slap . Jiwon stopped laughing and rubbed his "injured" arm before looking towards Jinhwan . "Well....." 

 

                                                              ***

 

"Koo Junhoe , you are late ! Three full laps now !" A shocked expression formed on his face as the tall boy put his bag down on the bench and jog towards his team members . "What ? Im only late for like 5 minutes" Junhoe said with a displeased expression . " I hope that 5 minutes gave you enough time to help a pregnant lady gave birth while on the way . Three laps " Junhoe grunted and started to jog around the court while his coach was giving strategies against their new opponent , players from the west side of Korea . Probably undefeatable as how his coach describes them . As Junhoe jog around the court on his last lap , he saw a familiar figure standing within the players . Mino , he clicked his tounge . This was the reason why he didn't want to join the team , the reason why he rather stay at home with his precious hyung . But Jinhwan did said that he forgave him . How ? How was it that easy ? Junhoe wiped the sweats from his forehead as he slowly walked towards the team , not giving a second glance at the person who hurt Jinhwan . "Junhoe , since you've been out of practice recently, your at the back position with Mino and Taehyun .  Great , what else am im getting myself into with this jerk , the boy thought . Mino glanced at him with the corner of his eyes but Junhoe saw it and their stare could instantly froze the whole area . " Looks like you and me are on the same standard like before huh ? " Mino said while looking at the tall boy . Junhoe snorted , " Don't press your luck pal . Im only here because I'm doing someone a special favour . To think I'll be seeing your face again " . He stepped forward while starred deadly into Mino's eyes . The guy had his left eyebrow shave in a straight line at the end , in which didn't suit him at all . "Umm , guys I think we should just focus on the game and let by gones be by gones ?" The other person in their position, Taehyun said while smiling nervously towards the pair .

" Shut up Taehyun . I dont need to be in a game with a 's boyfriend " He said while crossing his arms and smirking at Junhoe .

" Be careful what you say Mino . You wouldn't want to have the taste of blood in your mouth again, would you ?" 

" Mino ! Junhoe ! Sixty push ups now ! Next time listen to what im saying infront " The coach yelled at both of them as they slowly began to obey his command . 

It was in the afternoon when all of Junhoe's team members started to gather infront of the school building to queue up inside their bus after cleaning themselves from practice . It took only a minute for them to leave their hometown and travel to the designated location of their match  . Junhoe didnt actually know how long the trip was because he fell asleep as soon as he landed on the seat . He must regain some of his energy back for the match . It felt like minutes for him to have a good rest until someone shook his shoulder lightly . The boy opened his eyes slowly and saw Taehyun smiling infront of him , almost jumped from his seat due to the sudden encounter  . "We're here " He said as Junhoe rubbed his eyes while stretching out and looked outside the window . The bus had stopped but his nervousness was still there . It was no joke for them to enter this match . The school building itself was too much to believe in . It was big , even bigger than their school's building , and the hall stood firmly at the back of the garden with a statue of an eagle carrying a scroll on its beak . Probably their symbol of success . Once they entered the hall , not escaping weird looks from the students there , Junhoe saw some of his team members dropped their jaw open and was overwhelmed by the beauty of the place . At the stage , many colourful flowers were assigned to the edge of the stage and with clear and eye piercing lights . The basketball court itself inside the hall was so magnificent, Junhoe decided to join the jaw dropping people . New nets and painted outlines even the goal post was like worth a million dollars , not like in his school but he didnt dare to complain it to the coach . They went to the changing room for a quick brief as the hall was already starting to get crowded with students and teachers . " No matter what , just play with your confidence alright ? Teamwork is essential here " the coach said as he reposition his cap on his head and everyone nodded . "Good . Best of luck " 

" Mino . I told you to get behind me so you could take the ball " The dark haired boy said as he shook his head , glancing at their points . It was 12-7 , and their luck had been running out throughout the game . " Well if you could just pass through those bastards you wouldn't be a burden now would you ? " He said while glaring at Junhoe . " The s your problem man ? " He shoved Mino slightly , in the middle of the chaotic cheers no one saw it but someone did . " Stop it you guys . I dont know what happened between you but heck I dont really wanna know . I just want us to win this game " Taehyun spoke from behind Junhoe before he stands between them , try to avoid any casualties from both males . Junhoe just clicked his tounge and went back to his position , not giving a second look at them . The time was running out and the game got more tensed as before . The sounds of shoes screeching on the floor and breaths of players as both team struggled to reach for their throne . Mino took the ball he received from Taehyun and ran for the goal post , but something was wrong and it caught Junhoe's eyes . " Mino , watch out ! " Just as he said that , Mino jumped and threw the ball to the goal but a larger person from the opposite team managed to reach out . Their bodies collided but the big guy didnt took much damaged as he raised his elbow to his face and it hit Mino's jaw . The ball diverted to another direction and so the whistle blew off , ending the game . The amount of cheers were greater here than it was at their school , the uproar bringing the place to a minor shake . But that wasn't any of Junhoe's concern about their team losing at the moment . He saw his teammate laying on the floor , hands to his face . Junhoe quickly ran towards Mino and kneeled beside him , before the others w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter