Stay

A Wallflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Donghyuk , could you like speed up a little bit ? I need to hurry" Jinhwan bite down his nail as the younger drove across buildings and went to corners . He didnt know why he was feeling anxious and a twist made inside his stomach . "Sorry hyung but just now when I got back from school they had a roadblock up ahead and they closed some of the streets due to the new construction" Donghyuk swallowed and tried to avoid the passenger's mirror where Jinhwan could see him . He needed to follow the plan if he wants Jinhwan to miss the flight . "I'll be taking the route from the beach" the younger continue only to be replied by a nod from his hyung . "Just hurry up..." The small boy said as he leaned back at the seat and glanced outside the window . "I just want to get out of here" he murmured sofly , not caring whether Donghyuk heard him or not . Donghyuk smiled slighty . Jinhwan didnt know that he had drove into a long traffic lane . 

It took sometime before Jinhwan would gradually check his watch . It was 1 pm as he glanced the time and looked back outside . Am I really doing ? There's still time . No , no I should just.... His mind was racing and it hurts his head to think about his decision to leave . Jinhwan felt a slight pain behind his head , just where he had been hit . He rubbed his nape slowly , taking in few slow breaths . "You okay there hyung ?" Donghyuk noticed Jinhwan was massaging his head before the older looked up to him and only smiled . "Yeah , I'm okay . How far are we ?" He sits back comfortably and looked towards the front window . Obviously the traffic was eating time and taking way too long to progress . "Um....well . You saw it youself" the younger swallowed down but felt a lump in his throat as soon as Jinhwan leaned closer to the driver's seat . Jinhwan didnt replied but only crashed back to his seat and sighed . Parts of him was happy that the traffic was consuming his time before going to the airport and some parts left was begging to him to let everything go , just leave things behind . He glanced to the window at his left and saw the beach . The sun sending glittering diamonds on the ocean as the wind blew the coconout trees sideways . It was beautiful , and how it took Jinhwan's breath away just like it did the first time . The first time , he remembered . It was with Junhoe the first time he went here and it ache his heart to recall back the memories of him . Jinhwan looked away from the window . He doesn't want to remember this place , he doesnt want to remember the memories . He doesnt want to remember Junhoe . And more importantly , he want to get away from him . The small boy sniffed sofly as tears started to form in his eyes but he wiped them immediately . 

"How far is the airport from here Donghyuk ?" Jinhwan asked as he glanced his watch . 

"Um , around 1 km maybe ? Why'd you asked ?" Donghyuk looked at Jinhwan through the mirror , his brows furrowed .

"Good . I'll have some time left" . "Wait what-" Donghyuk's words were cut short before Jinhwan grabbed his luggage beside him and stormed out of the car . "Jinhwan-hyung !" The younger shouted through the window as the small boy ran passed cars being stucked in the traffic . Moments later his figure disappeared from the view of the trucks at the front . "Aish , what the hell" Donghyuk scratched his head before reaching for his phone . "Hello Yunhyeong ? Yeah , it's me . Jinhwan-hyung just went out of the car and ran with his luggage .So you better tell Junhoe to hurry up" The younger looked at his watch and it was already 1:50 pm . "Otherwise , he wont make it in time" 

 

                                                          **

 

Junhoe woke up confused and his muscle all strained . He looked around and finally realised that he had fell asleep on the cold floor after the fight . The fight , how could he ever forget about that . The tall boy slowly raised himself before he felt a sting on his right hand . As he stood up , Junhoe noticed he had bruises on his knuckles that had turned purple and left some dried up blood over some minor cuts . The boy went to the sink , putting the tap on and washing off the blood . Junhoe clenched the edge of the sink and looked down , mind wandering somewhere else as the water runs through his injured hand . "Jinhwan-hyung" His voice cracked and it hurts inside his throat , as he already scrapped it after the older left him bawling his eyes out and screaming remorsefully . Junhoe gripped the metal underneath his fingers turning his knuckles white . He turned the tap off after dipping his hand into the water for half an hour and soaking his wrinkled skin with the wetness . Junhoe leaned his back on the sink , looking down towards the tiled floors . His heart was still aching , and it wont stop . It won't stop until he was there . "Hyung....Im so sorry" tears rolled down as he covered his face . "I can't do this anymore ! I can't..." Junhoe sobbed loudly with stunned breathing . "I can't hyung..."

His phone rang in the living room , knocking back Junhoe to reality . The boy rushed to the sofa where the phone layed and for a split second he swore it could've been Jinhwan but instead another voice greeted him . "Hyung ?" . "Hello , Junhoe ?" It was Yunhyeong . The younger wiped his eyes like nothing happened , afraid the older might asked him if something's wrong as he sat on the sofa . "Yeah ?" Junhoe replied . He waited for the older to reply , and the words that came out later from the latter made his blood rushed and adrenaline spiralled inside of him like he might actually combust and break down again . 

"You have to stop him" 

 

                                                          **

 

Jinhwan was soaking wet with sweat after he managed to run and jog and run for 30 minutes just to get to the airport . With his left hand almost numb and cramps on the left leg , the small boy managed to arrived at the airport just in time before the counter closed . He halfway dragged and carried his luggage towards the entrance , regretting for every decision he made to carry extra clothes inside . The coldness inside the building greeted him and made his body quiver as he made it to the entrance . The booking was just up ahead and so he left the luggage near a woman and asked him to watch it over for him . The woman was happily obliged to help him and so Jinhwan gave her a warm slime before he jog towards the counter . It was 2:43 pm as the small boy glanced at his watch . The queue wasn't long enough , probably not much people who wanted to go to Australia at this time of year . "One ticket to Australia please" he told the lady infront of him before lending him his passport and credit card before getting his flight ticket . "Your flight will be at 5:00 pm . You can enter the waiting area and hour before the flight" . "Thank you" Jinhwan smiled towards the lady before he went towards the woman with his luggage . 

"Thank you for taking care of my bag" he said while bowing politely . 

"My pleasure dear . Oh you dont need to do that" The woman stood up and patted Jinhwan's shoulder before both of them sat side by side . "So , traveling over seas ?" She asked and Jinwhan nodded . "At this time of year ? Peculiar" 

"Very" The boy said before he laugh a little . "Umm can I asked for one more favor ?" His mind snapped as he remembered something .

"What is it ?"

"Mind if I borrow your phone for a second ?" 

The waiting area wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter