Left behind

A Wallflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was a lovely and peaceful sunday morning . Jinhwan had just woken up from his sleep and washed himself after his mom just called for a quick family meeting downstairs . He wore his usual basketball long sleeve-shirt which seemed ironic because he doesnt even play any sports . "Jinan dear."  His mother said after seeing Jinhwan walked down the stairs . The wounds and bruises were much better and almost healed , thanks to Junhoe . 

"What is it ?" Jinhwan took a seat next to his mother in the kitchen while his father was reading the newspaper across him . "Your father and I wanted to tell you that we will be visiting your brother Jiwon in Australia . He graduating !" the sparkles in his mother's eyes began to show . His father only nodded towards the excitement. "Oh wow . Okay , so when are you guys leaving ?" Jinhwan replied and the excitement that was radiating out from his mother soon vanished . "We'll be leaving in the afternoon son" his father put down the newspaper and looked towards Jinhwan . 

"Yes , well were supposed to inform you early" his mother nodded towards the father . "But Jiwon called us three in the morning and said that he was going to graduate earlier on March . Next month what it seems . And I already booked two tickets for me and your father" his mother rubbed Jinhwan cheeks like he was still a baby . Jinhwan only looked down and pressed both his palms on his thighs .

The old man was only looking at both of them ."Im so soryy dear . I could've told you earlier , and we would be much prepared to tell you . And besides we were going to take you with us and visit your brother , but with school still going on , we couldnt , we-" his mother's words were cut off by his father , "we couldn't take you there . So we decided to let you stay here instead ." Jinhwan knew that he was going to stay here , he definitely missed Jiwon , but because school was still on going , he couldn't managed to skip that many classes . Jinhwan stood up and looked at his mother and then his father , "It's alright . I understand it , besides I can call my friend to stay over here or I just stay at his place for the moment." Jinhwan drank a glass of water at the counter and went upstairs . "Just tell me when you guys are leaving . And oh , tell Jiwon that i missed him" He climbed the stairs and closed his bedroom door , leaving his mother and father staring at each other in silence . 

 

***

 

"Jinwhan , we're leaving already !!" his mother shouted as the small boy ran down the stairs . "Here , let me help you take the luggages to the cab" his father took the things from his mother and went to the cab that was waiting outside their house . His mother looked at his father before turning towards Jinhwan . "Now you be a good boy okay ?" his mother said with some hints of concern . "Mom , im old enough . I can handle myself" Jinhwan smiled before his mother took him in her embraced . "I know you are sweety" his mother said while kissing his forehead . She then walked towards the cab when his father came to him . 

"Now son , becareful not to catch the house on fire okay ? And no parties" His father warned . "Dad , im not like Jiwon okay ?" Jinhwan smirked and his dad gripped his shoulder and gave a pat at the back . "We will miss you !! And take care okay ?" His mother yelled from inside  the cab before his dad entered too. "Okay ! See you guys!" he shouted . Minutes later the cab was already driving away from the house and Jinhwan saw waves of goodbye from his parents . He waved them back until the cab was gone as he went inside the house . 

He sat on the sofa , with knees to his chest and arms wrapped around his legs . It was already one hour after their parent's departure and he felt really lonely at the moment . Even though he didnt spent soo much time with them , but atleast they were there to listen to all his rantings about school and th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter