The Truth

A Wallflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Where am I ?" . The heavy rain beats aggressively on Jinhwan's face as thunder roared and lighting flashes from above . The boy was laying on the muddy ground as the rain clashes with the earth . Jinhwan looked around , clueless to his surroundings . He tried to lift himself up but soon regrets it as pain surge to every parts of his body . He felt limp and weak . What is wrong with me ? , he thought before the back of his head made an excruciating pain that left Jinhwan wailing . The pain was unbearable as he clutched his head with both hands and with tears streaming down his wet cheeks together with the rain . He shut his eyes , hoping the pain would go away but it graduates even more as he tried to fend it off . Thunder clashes above the sky as the boy lay still on the ground weeping , the rain wetting his small body.

Junne-ah . The first thing Jinhwan thought after he slowly opened his eyes . His visions were blurry , he can barely see his palms . He slowly stood up , more careful this time as the boy winces to the pain on his body . Jinhwan looked up and found himself on a long-dark alleyway . He spun towards both directions as they lead to an endless path . The small boy slowly dragged himself towards the north of the path as he walked on the puddle of mud beneath his feet . He realized that he was barefooted but didnt took any moment to wonder why . As Jinhwan dragged himself , every step was like knives piercing through his leg . He felt weak and heavy , every now and then the pain greets him . Jinhwan stopped for a second , falling his hands to his knees and flinch when he felt a bruise on the left side of his thigh . When he looked up , the long-dark alley was no more as he saw a sign casting dim lights towards the alley . "Market" , was what Jinhwan saw as the sign lifted up high on the building . He remembered the place being Yunhyeong's shop , with the pots of flowers outside and stacks of tray beside the door . Jinhwan felt a little spark of relief . Maybe he can walk there , maybe he can make it . He put his left foot forward and it happened again . The pain , hitting him like a metal bat above his neck as Jinhwan fell to his knees , his fingers digging through the mud as he gagged and cough . The throbbing made him screamed and cried as every pain took the last energy from him . And when he closed his eyes , he remembered . He remembered why he was here , why he was weak and limp . And he remembered why the cuts were made on his wrist . 

                                                        **

"These are my friends ! "

"Friends ? Friends who once beat me up and almost killed me ? Is that what friends stands for ? "

"You're just jealous ! Because I'm getting more attention and have real friends than you ever did !" 

                                                         **

"Junne-ah" Jinhwan let down the paper cutter as red liquid streamed down his wrist . He fell to the cold floor , curling up as he sobs slowly , losing himself to sleep . 

                                                         **

"Why ?" he began crying . He brought his hands to his chest , were the aching starts and the pain subsides . Jinhwan clench his shirt , as he cried out loud . His forehead touched the wet ground with his hair falling on his forehead , covered with mud . Jinhwan laid there for what it seems like an hour , but he wasnt sure how the time works here , in this delusional mind play of his . No , more like a memory container . A memory in which he should've known . But Junhoe kept it away from him and it made Jinhwan hate him so much .

Why was he being selfish ? Why ?

Of all people .

Jinhwan looked up slowly as he felt the light casting from the shop slowly being drained , darkening the alleyway which was once lighten with dim lights . But he was surprised that a figured was blocking the casts . A figure he recognise all too well . Junhoe was back facing Jinhwan , as he held his head up , looking towards the shop in front of him . He was just a few feet away from Jinhwan , and the small boy wanted to jump at him , punching and yell and him for this . This betrayal .But he was weak and crushed . He slowly dragged his worn out self and pull himself together . "Junhoe" the older said but the tall boy remain rooted to where he stand , not even giving a second look towards Jinhwan . Anger starts to boil inside Jinhwan before he scowls at him . "Jun-" a hand pulled him back , jerking his body backwards and slamming towards the ground . The mud splashed beneath him as the mud covered his entire body . Jinhwan groan at the sudden impact before cluthing his right ribs as pain began to surround it . He looked up and saw a dark figure , three of them looking down on him . As one of them spoke , the hairs on Jinhwan's body stood up . 

"Hello there little puppy" the disoriented voice said . Jinhwan mouth fell opened , as he wanted to say something but felt a lump blocking the air inside his throat . His lips wobble and teeths shaking before two of the figures started dragging Jinhwan by the shoulder . Jinhwan bellowed as he felt the grips went into his skin , their claws dugging inside deeply not caring for the bruises that were there . Jinhwan tried to let go but he felt paralysed and agonised , as their grips sipped out the last juice of his energy . And he saw Junhoe standing there , looking at him . 

"Junhoe !" the boy cried out desperately . But Junhoe was just standing there staring , as Jinhwan was dragged to wherever they want to torture his body . 

"Why are you just standing there?!" this time his voice cracks and he began to cry . "Junhoe ! Please !" Jinhwan managed to throw his legs and hitting them on the ground , mud splashing everywhere as if he was throwing a tantrum . But the tall boy just stood there , with blank expressions staring through Jinhwan's eyes . Before he could shout again , Junhoe spun around and walked away . 

"Junhoe ! Junhoe !" Jinhwan screamed with agony , his heart ache severely and tears streaming down his bruised cheeks . He couldn't be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter