Barcelona, Spain

Strange Entity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Barcelona, Spain, March 19 (Daytime)

---

 

It's just another regular day for Tao in Barcelona, Spain. He's sitting at a table in a café he visits every other day--just having finished his coffee. To his right are a few fellow patrons and to his left is a tiny newspaper stand. Curious and slightly bored, he decides to pick up one and skims through an article at the top of the front page.

 

He's lived here in this country for around a year now and just like any newcomer who doesn't know the local language--he had to learn it as quickly as possible in order to communicate better with others and help himself out in the long run. He smiles a bit to himself as he remembers when he used to only know basic words/phrases like: Hi, Bye, Thanks, You're Welcome and Where is the bathroom?

 

As he skims through the words of the first article, he spots a picture of a UFO at the bottom of the page with a caption talking about aliens possibly being spotted. With an astonished look on his face, he turns to the page where the full article is at and continues to read on. But as he does so, he starts getting more and more agitated.

 

Because he doesn't want to be reminded of the friends who he had to say goodbye to. Nor does he want to be reminded of the two friends that he never got much of any time to say anything to.

 

And as his mind start to remember darker times, he suddenly hears a buzzing sound coming from the ceiling. He ignores it at first but then a light-bulb starts flickering and he looks up with furrowed eyebrows. The patrons around him don't seem to notice or care and so he finds himself the only one noticing that the light-bulb looks one second away from bursting.

 

Then it bursts.

 

With wide eyes, he quickly covers his face with the newspaper he's holding, but instead of shouts of pain from the person that was actually und

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter