Codename: C

Strange Entity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeju, South Korea, March 30 (Morning)

---


It's been two days since Kai gathered everyone into the home that they all live in now. In general, it took him almost two whole weeks to gather them and some of their things from their old homes--since a few days were spent trying to recover from a cold or sleeping almost half of the day away (before Kai found Lay).

 

Their new home is a once abandoned cabin in the woods that Kai knew of back when they all used to live here in South Korea. A kind old lady that he'd met back then had told him that he could stay in her winter home for as long as he'd like, provided he clean it up (and stop by her home from time to time to say hello).

 

Now two years later, Kai and Tao were the first two to stay in it in a long while, and apparently they'd found the whole place full of dust, cobwebs and plastic covers strewn everywhere. Most of the furniture they could still use, though when they explored more than just the living room, there were apparently forest critters everywhere.

 

Tao told Kyungsoo and the others that he'd take a ghost over that ery any day but they ended up cleaning up as best as they could anyway. (It wasn't until Xiumin got ported to the cabin that the place actually got a proper cleaning though.)

 

Kyungsoo figures that that's a pro of not being found by Kai first.

 

---

 

While some of his other friends are outside, running around or just chatting and such in the woods, Kyungsoo's inside the cabin with Kai.

 

Currently, Kyungsoo's sitting down on the soft, brown couch that Kai ported from Chen's home--the latter having had to quit his job on account of not being able to return to Kazakhstan, at least, not while some strange entity is after them all. In fact, they all can't go back to their old homes for fear of getting caught. Heck, they can't even leave these woods for the same reason and the effects of not being in their old homes anymore still haven't faded away. They're all glad to see each other again but...they all managed to start new lives, and Kyungsoo's just so tired of running. Once Kai can find Luhan and Kris, Kyungsoo will personally kick whoever's needs to be kicked.

 

Kyungsoo fiddles angrily with a part of the couch seat as he continues to think, pinching and releasing the material between his fingers.

 

Suddenly, he hears a yawn coming from some feet away and turns to see his boyfriend, Kai, walking out of their shared bedroom. Kai's only wearing pajama pants and scratching at his stomach as he trudges towards the nearest bat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter