Rotorua, New Zealand

Strange Entity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rotorua, New Zealand, March 30 (Evening)

---

 

Everyone's silent after the connection ends and a few seconds go by before Sehun breaks the silence. "So, that's it then?" he whispers, and they all turn to look at him. "Ugh, why do we never get a say in what happens to us?"

 

Kris and Tao simultaneously pat his back to comfort him somehow while Qian frowns. Then without a word, she abruptly jumps off of the couch onto her feet and starts walking towards the hallway leading out of the space-ship's living-room. She stops near the entrance and turns to them, telling Baekhyun that she promised to show him a golem and asks if they're coming or not. Baekhyun's eyes widen at this and he quickly gets up from the couch, and so the twelve friends, Qian, and Luna, end up walking to the room where the golems are. Onew says that he'll stay with the co-worker who's now asleep near him while Zhou Mi's sleeping with his head resting on their lap.

 

When they get to the room, Chen gapes at the size of the golems. He sees only three as they enter--tall and wide creatures with their heads almost touching the ceiling, their marble-like skin the color of vanilla and cream, and their eyes in three sets of differently-colored crystal gems. When he locks eyes/gems with one with blue gem eyes, he quickly averts his eyes and huddles closer to Xiumin and Luhan.

 

"Damn, so they don't have mouths?" Baekhyun asks, his head tilted a bit as he looks up at a golem in front of him.

 

"Of course not--they're golems. They don't need to speak to be heard," Qian replies.

 

"...Huh. So how would they show visions or whatever?" Baekhyun asks, turning back to look at the golem facing him. The golem's eyes lower to look at him and Baekhyun gives a nervous smile up at it.

 

"Their hands, dummy," Kyungsoo stage-whispers. "Watch."

 

He then walks up to a golem with sapphire eyes and extends his hand out as a greeting. The golem's eyes follow his movement and he tries not to show any fear as the golem slowly reaches its hand to meet his. He then grabs the golem's hands for a handshake and says See? as he turns to Baekhyun before instantly he stills when a memory of his past plays in his head.

 

It's one where he's with Kai and the others, playing in the royal castle. Kai was pleading for Kyungsoo to give him a piggyback ride and Kyungsoo had repeatedly told him no with his arms crossed over his chest. But then, seeing Kai pouting at him caused Kyungsoo to sigh and bend down, telling the younger to get on already. Kai smiled a toothy grin at that and climbed on, and so they ended up joining their other friends in a piggyback race.

 

The memory ends there and Kyungsoo furrows his eyebrows in confusion and looks up at the golem. Baekhyun asks what he saw and Kyungsoo turns back to him and says, "The most random memory ever."

 

Qian and Luna laugh at that, and Luna says, "Yeah, their visions aren't always life-changing."

 

Kyungsoo just lets out a slightly amused snort.

 

---

 

After meeting the golems, the two women basically lead the twelve friends around the ship to go meet the rest of the crew, with the first ones being the ship's three cooks; a man named Henry, a woman named Sulli, and a man nicknamed Key. After meeting those three, they all walk some more and turn some corners to meet Amber, a woman who watches the cameras that they noticed were lined on the anterior of the many rooms and hallways of this space-ship. Luna leads the way to the control room and they see a woman open the door to get out just as Luna's about to place her access card on the door's scanner.

 

"Oh! Amber, you scared me," Luna says, letting out a laugh at the end. She then turns her head to them before looking back at Amber. "So, uh we were showing them everyone and, well, you're our next stop."

 

"Oh, hey," Amber greets with a lazy smile on her face as she looks past Luna's head to see them. Luna takes some steps back so that Amber can exit the room and Amber immediately bows when she sees Kris and Luhan. "Your highnesses."

 

"Uh..." Kris says, as he and Luhan bow in return. "Hello there..."

 

Amber smiles when she bends back up to her usual height and then asks Luna and Qian if they've seen someone named Jackson. "I gotta take a piss, man."

 

From the right hallway, a man with dyed blond hair suddenly sprints towards them and stops when he sees them crowded around in a curve around the door. He awkwardly smiles at the twelve friends and then looks into the control room and greets Amber, apologizing for being late. "So, Key had me try his new recipe, right? And I tried it and it was good but then 'fore I could leave, Henry wanted me to try something that he made and..."

 

Amber just gives him a dismissive wave and tells him it's okay as she steps out of the doorway so that he can get past and watch the screens. He gives her a relieved half-grin and then heads inside--the door sliding shut after him.

 

"Um, so it was nice meeting you all--but yea, gotta go," Amber says, waving before heading off towards the left. When she gets a few feet away though, she stops suddenly and turns back around to look at Qian and Luna. "Have you been to Krystal's room already?"

 

"Not yet?" Luna says. "We were about to though--why?"

 

"Just...tell her to stop stealing my shirts, okay?" Amber says with a slight grin before turning back around and dashing down the hallway.

 

The others are silent for a second as they watch her run away before Qian turns to the rest and says, "So...let's get to the next person, aye?"

 

"...Um so, Krystal works with the technomagical side of things..." Luna explains as they all start walking again.

 

They end up turning more hallways (more than a few of them wondering what the point of all this is) until they reach the outside of a room with lights framed around the door-frame in an almost festive manner. The lights blink and shine in a captivating pattern, and Qian opens the door with her access card and tells them to wait out there while she heads inside. Luna stays outside with them and two seconds later, they all flinch at the sound of a high-pitched shriek and Qian's ensuing laughter.

 

Qian and whoever's inside seem to have a hushed conversation and then several seconds later, a woman with long, black hair that reaches past her shoulders gets pushed out of the room by Qian. The woman looks like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter