Codename: B²

Strange Entity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

???, ???, March 30 (Late Afternoon)

---

 

Xiumin feels neutral when it comes to this whole situation.

 

A part of him feels that the two women aren't lying and that their home-planet really is safe. But then another part of him wonders if they're lying and are actually part of a group of bandits sent to kidnap Kris and Luhan because of a bounty on their heads.

 

Maybe he's watched too many pirate and cowboy movies when he was living in Germany though.

 

At his right side, he sees Chen and Suho chatting in low voices about the possibilities of the situation. Both agree that the two women were lying and that none of them should be trusting them. And Xiumin would completely agree with them except for the fact that their home-planet could actually be safe. A lot can happen in almost a year--just living in another country for that long tells him as much.

 

Maybe these people aren't evil, he thinks. But something is definitely going on and he just wants some answers already.

 

He turns to his left to look at Luhan to see how the other's doing and notices that Luhan's shivering. With wide eyes, he quickly pushes Luhan away from him, not wanting to make Luhan colder than he already is, and Luhan and the others near them look at him in surprise as he points to Chanyeol and tells him to go over to him. Since Chanyeol's power is fire, he has a naturally warmer body-temperature than the others, and could warm up Luhan if he went closer to him. But Luhan instantly refuses to go over to him and says that he wants to stay with him, causing Xiumin to frown even though he suddenly feels butterflies appear his stomach.

 

Out of all of their friends at the front, only Kris, Kai and Kyungsoo seem to care about their conversation and turn their heads (while still walking) to see what's going on. Kai then looks at Luhan and innocently asks if he wants his trench coat.

 

"I was gonna offer it earlier, but then..." he says, turning to look at the women in front of them before looking at Luhan again. "Yeah..."

 

Luhan begins to politely decline and Xiumin extends a hand out and asks for the trench coat. He ignores Luhan's whines as Kai shrugs out of his trench coat and places it in his hands and Kai grimaces as the rain quickly wets his upper body. Kyungsoo looks at him with concern and brushes his wet fringe away from his eyes.

 

"Don't get sick on me now, okay?" Kyungsoo says.

 

Kai grins and nods his head before placing a wet arm around Kyungsoo's waist. Kyungsoo lightly pushes his arm away with a small smile and Kai pokes his cheek with an index finger while Xiumin offers the coat to Luhan. Luhan refuses it though and says something about how he doesn't want Kai to get sick either. (The biggest lie that Xiumin's heard yet.)

 

So, Xiumin gestures for him to take the coat again, this time with a stern expression on his face and the majority of their friends all tell Luhan to take the stupid coat already. With a glare at his friends, Luhan relents and ends up putting on the coat. He mumbles out a Thanks to Kai and looks to the ground, looking more like a whiny kid than anything else.

 

Xiumin's lips tug to the side at this before he asks Luhan if he feels warmer now, and Luhan tilts his head to look at him as he grumbles that he feels both wet and warm now. Like he's stepped into wet socks. Xiumin ends up chuckling at him and wraps an arm around his shoulders at that and Luhan's frown softens to a hint of a smile as they all continue walking towards the unknown.

 

-------

 

Qian's main objectives are to get out of this rain and to find her partner, Onew.

 

Just the thought of him being all alone in some hole in the ground makes her want to break something. And if Luna wasn't with her, she would've left the co-worker that's currently asleep on her shoulder to the same fate. But no, that would be...petty.

 

Then, besides worrying about Onew, she has to deal with these twelve kids following right behind her and her co-workers. One of them, the light-bearer, practically asks for her life's story, and she frowns and tells him that she'll tell them everything in due time. She knows that she said that she'd tell them everything on the way, but she's pretty sure that if she told them everything right at this moment--a fight would break out.

 

The light-bearer doesn't seem to like that answer and mumbles something to the flame-maker, who whispers something back to them. And Qian rolls her eyes for the umpteenth time today and continues to step on the obnoxiously wet grass and turns when Luna points to a slightly different direction in front of them.

 

"We're almost there," Luna announces, turning to look at Qian first and then the twelve young men behind them.

 

Qian goes back to looking at the ground in front of herself as she walks and her eyes widen when she looks up and sees a ditch in the ground. Lo and behold, Onew's lying inside of it, body curled on his side with his head propped atop his arms. Carefully, she holds tighter onto the co-worker on her shoulder and bends down to get Onew onto her other shoulder. He has a faint red spot on his forehead and his face looks peaceful as he sleeps, very different from the perpetually annoyed face he tends to have.

 

Luna also bends down to help her with them, and the twelve guys watch in amazement as Qian stands back up to her usual height with one person on each shoulder now. She just looks at their gaping mouths and tells them that she's gonna head to their ship to lay the two down in a comfortable place.

 

"If you come with, I'll tell you what's been going on. If you don't, well...whatever--I don't give a anymore."

 

She then abruptly turns and walks off towards where the ship's entrance is, with Luna quickly following beside her. "Oh, Qian. Do you really think they'll follow?" Luna whispers, mirroring her footsteps.

 

Qian can't turn her head to look behind herself because of the two people she's carrying so she just lets out a hum of confirmation. As they continue walking, Luna turns to look behind them and sees the twelve guys now arguing with each other. She then turns back to look at the ground in front of her and nibbles on her own bottom lip. If the twelve don't follow after them, who knows what could happen to her, her job, her fellow co-workers...

 

They have to come, she thinks. Just have to.

 

-------

 

Xiumin's friends are arguing. He's not surprised at this point.

 

"It's a trap!" Chen exclaims.

 

"Yeah, this whole situation's off, you guys," Chanyeol adds.

 

Tao then tries to m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter