Glossary: Beings and Creations

Strange Entity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: If you haven't read the previous chapters but would like to without spoilers, I'd recommend reading this after reading the preceding ones =3=)~ (If you don't care, well, not like I'm gonna stop you haha.) Down below are the beings and creations that are mentioned in this story (besides two terms) along with info that may or may not be new to you.

 

 

Beings and Creations (In alphabetical order):

 

Biokinetics: Can control an organism's biological structure though bones and muscles. Can break or realign bones, halt or start muscle movement and lift organisms into the air.

 

DNA Lanterns: Paper constructions filled with a ball of technomagical energy and a tiny cap at the top filled with DNA fingerprints. Once the lantern reaches its desired location, the cap lowers towards the energy and mixes with it to form an expanding mixture that bursts out of the lantern and spreads all across a planet. Any small item that matches with the DNA in the mixture gets magically transported to an alternate dimension while bigger structures simply lose traces of the DNA ever being there. Lastly, memories of the person(s) ever existing get erased and the person(s) can start life anew.

 

Fire-makers: Can create and reclaim fire. Unaffected by heat and flames but greatly affected by water and frost. Get increased strength in warmer climates and decreased strength in colder or humid climates. Have naturally warmer body temperatures than others.

 

Floaters: Can fly by making their bodies become as light as a feather and can make others feel light too. Can lift most people by that method but can't lift strong structures like an Impacter could.

 

Frost-makers: Can create and control frost and also freeze things into ice. Unaffected by freezing temperatures but affected by heat and flames. Have naturally colder body temperatures than others.

 

Gloomers: Can induce sadness in almost anyone just by their presence or by speaking in a haunting monotonous tone. The effects of their power can last up to an hour--causing others to get sad or even depressed. Aren't naturally gloomy but tend to become gloomy when using their power on others.

 

Golems: Marble beings, created by golem-makers, that can protect and secure any area. They have crystal gems for eyes and can project images with them, and can also show visions to people through physical contact with their hands.

 

Grass-munchers: Creatures, physically similar to Earth goats, that munch on grass. They help assist people with old-fashioned grass cutting. All a person has to do is point to where they want the grass to be munched and the grass-muncher may or may not listen.

 

Healers: Can heal recent physical injuries and heal any organism including themselves. Can't heal emotional injuries or anything that spreads too easily or quickly though. Balanced with Reapers.

 

Impacters: Can create ground ripples and tremors. They're strong enough to lift almost anything or anyone (protection stones being the exception). Tend to get stressed and agitated easily and get even stronger when enraged.

 

Joybursts: Can induce happiness in almost anyone just by their presence or by speaking or telling jokes. The effects of their power can last up to a whole hour too, causing others to smile or laugh for that time. Aren't naturally happy but tend to get happier when using their power on others. Balanced with Gloomers and can't affect them or get affected by them.

 

Light-bearers: Can create

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter