Codename: L²

Strange Entity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeju, South Korea, March 30 (Late Morning)

---

 

As Kai explains about what his projected self had seen, Baekhyun feels a strong dose of reality hit himself square in the face.

 

Because a huge area like that could only be from a space-ship, though from what he remembers, the red force's ships are small, fast, and adept at landing. So, he thinks that whoever has either Luhan, Kris or both in this stone-protected area might not actually even be the red force.

 

Once Kai's done telling of all his findings, he locks eyes with Kyungsoo, and they seem to have a silent conversation with their eyes. Then, Suho does something that Baekhyun didn't notice, warranting Tao to ask Suho what the matter is. Everyone turns to look at Suho who then says that the old plan can still work even with this new information (sounding as unconvinced of his own words as Baekhyun is hearing them).

 

Sehun fixes his fringe away from his own face and asks how exactly. "It can't be the red-force in that area--their ships aren't that big."

 

Baekhyun nods in agreement.

 

"And even if they brought like six ships--they're too prideful to use protection stones," Kai adds.

 

Everyone looks back at Suho who grimaces and states that someone else should come up with a better plan then. Then, Lay clears his own throat and a few turn to him, Baekhyun included. Because besides Kyungsoo and sometimes Suho, Lay is someone that he trusts to come up with a good plan when necessary.

 

The next words that come out of Lay's mouth though, makes him want to take back what he just thought.

 

---

 

Around an hour later, after eating and washing up, everyone's dressed and ready to go while standing around in the living-room. The new plan, courtesy of Lay, is for Kai to bring everyone with him. If they're about to meet someone(s) from their homeplanet--well, maybe they're friendly.

 

Baekhyun thinks that it's just gonna make them easier to catch but after voicing out his opinion, Lay had given him the puppy-eyes look and Baekhyun closed his mouth.

 

Who could argue with that face? he thinks as he sits back down on one of the couches.

 

Counterarguments of whoever they may meet not being friendly came up of course, as well as questions of why and how did Kris and/or Luhan get into that huge area in the first place. Lay had shrugged and retorted that they'll never know if they don't do anything, and well now here they are. Kai's currently standing in the middle of both couches again while Lay's holding onto his right hand, Tao's holding onto his left, and Kyungsoo's on his back--piggyback style.

 

The thing is, Kai's not dumb--Baekhyun knows this. Coming up with the idea of carrying three people for the first trip so that no one stays by themselves in the cabin--that he could understand. But then suggesting for Kyungsoo, who could crush his lean body with just a foot tap, to be the one to ride on his back?

 

There's so much that Baekhyun could say but he doesn't want to get swatted by Kyungsoo.

 

Sehun doesn't hold back though, and informs Kai that he thinks the other man's stupid as which gets Baekhyun laughing. (The fact that Kyungsoo agreed to this plan barely surprises him though, because his best friend is both rational and impulsive as heck.)

 

Kai tells Sehun to shut up and Sehun responds by daring Kai to make him. Kai sneers at him and is about to say something else, when Kyungsoo whispers something into his right ear. Blinking a bit rapidly, Kai rumb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter