Colorado, USA

Strange Entity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Colorado, United States, March 27 (Daytime)

---

 

Kyungsoo currently feels tired as his eyes flutter open because of the sun's rays shining through the window in front of him. With a groan, he lays there on his bed and contemplates over the pros and cons of sleeping in for the day as his eyes finally get adjusted to the light. But then, as he glances at his room and then out through the window, he suddenly gets the feeling that something is different about today.

 

So, no matter how little he's slept or how lazy he may be feeling--he's gotta be as alert and awake as he possibly can. With a sigh, he slowly pushes himself up from his upright position on the floor and drags his feet over to his bathroom to splash some water on his face.

 

* * *

 

It all started three days ago.

 

He's been living here in Boulder, Colorado for a whole year now and keeping an eye out on Chanyeol for his best friend, Baekhyun.

 

When he and his friends had to split up to different countries, Kyungsoo lied to everyone but Baekhyun about where he'd live. And he and Baekhyun also made a pact not to lose contact with each other--even if they weren't supposed to. (And they would've made the same pact with their other friends but the rest of them are some of the worst liars that Kyungsoo's ever seen and/or can't keep secrets well.) So after their friends and them split up, Kyungsoo's been texting Baekhyun from burner phones, just in case.

 

And since Baekhyun worried often about Chanyeol, some months ago Kyungsoo had driven to Arizona to see how Chanyeol was doing. Kyungsoo had no problem figuring out which city Chanyeol would be in, since the capital's name is also related to Chanyeol's power of controlling fire. But finding out where Chanyeol might be in Phoenix, Arizona was the real challenge.

 

Fortunately after hours of searching the city, he spotted Chanyeol coming out of a grocery store and sighed before looking up at his car's ceiling and thanking the universe. Then after getting out of his car and locking it, he crossed the street towards where Chanyeol was and slowly followed after him. The sidewalk was fairly crowded so Kyungsoo figured that he wouldn't get noticed, but somehow, Chanyeol did notice him.

 

Chanyeol had turned around with furrowed brows, feeling like he was getting watched by someone, and his eyes widened when his eyes locked on Kyungsoo's. (He later told Kyungsoo that it was his loud footsteps that alerted him to his presence.) Tears instantly welled in Chanyeol's eyes and he quickly looked around himself before gesturing for Kyungsoo to follow him--leading to a few passerbys giving them curious looks. Kyungsoo cursed under his breath after getting caught, but complied and then followed Chanyeol to the latter's tiny apartment home.

 

Then after catching up with each other and chatting about their experiences for the past few months, Kyungsoo bid his goodbye and left a burner phone behind for Chanyeol to call him with. And Chanyeol had been calling him with that burner phone ever since--texting and calling practically everyday.

 

And the day after seeing Chanyeol, Kyungsoo told Baekhyun about what happened and asked him if he wanted Chanyeol's number. He remembers, with a small smile, how eager Baekhyun sounded after that. So, the three of them have been keeping in contact with each other--Kyungsoo discarding his burner phones and getting new ones

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter