Codename: Y

Strange Entity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

???, ???, March 30 (Late Afternoon)

---

 

While they're waiting for Luna and Qian to return, Lay and the others all crowd around Tao as he tells them of Qian's power, having memories of her practicing with and training under his father. Lay and the others then gawk as Tao states that Qian can shadow-shift (aka mess with shadows and even become one if she wants to.)

 

Chen laughs in disbelief at that and says that they're all screwed while Suho looks at Lay with wide eyes. And even though Lay was one of the first ones who wanted to port with Kai, he can't help but think that he and the others made the wrong decision somewhere along the way. Luhan and Kris on the other hand seem to have realizations of some sort and look at each other before saying Ahh.

 

Before anyone can ask what's up with them though, all of their attention gets caught by the sound of the space-ship's entrance chamber whirring around again. The two women then come back out while holding a sleek water-resistant black sheet above their heads, and the twelve of them all huddle closer to each other by pure instinct as the women step off of the landing strip and walk onto the grass towards them.

 

As they get closer, Lay also notices a cream-colored mirror sticking out between Qian's belt loop on her left (or his right) side. Qian's just grinning at them as they get closer while Luna merely glances at them before looking more at the ground. Lay's eyes narrow at this and he purses his lips as they stop in front of them, his and his friends' bodies on guard. Then, Qian tells them that the sheet they're under will be for them, but that she'll need Chanyeol's umbrella so that she and Luna don't get wet. Chen scoffs and asks if they laced the sheet with some kind of powder that goes off once it reaches them and Tao tells him to shut up.

 

"Is this some kind of test...? So we know that we can trust you two?" Sehun asks.

 

Qian looks at him and simply replies, "We just don't have any umbrellas on our ship."

 

Lay and the others give her a withering look at that, and Chanyeol and Baekhyun instantly decline her offer with Chanyeol clutching on tighter to his umbrella's handle. Tao, Sehun, Luhan, and Kai start arguing with them--leading to Kyungsoo and Xiumin telling them all to shut up.

 

And after what feels like ages, Chanyeol and Baekhyun finally agree to give up the umbrella and Suho sighs and quickly shoots out a hand to stop any of the rain from falling on Chanyeol as the umbrella gets passed to Qian and Luna. Qian simply thanks him and holds the umbrella above her head (and Luna's) while Luna quickly takes hold of the entire sheet and folds it a bit.

 

Then, she hands it over to one of the others closest to them and Kyungsoo squints at it as he grabs it, inspecting every part of it thoroughly, before Suho grits his teeth and tells him to hurry up already. Kyungsoo frowns and after seeming pleased with the sheet, passes the ends of it to everyone that can hold on to each corner and Suho stops using his powers.

 

As the tallest of them hold onto each corner of the sheet, they all look at the two women again and Lay notices that Qian's no longer grinning as she looks down at Luna and then at the ground. Lay's fingers suddenly twitch a bit as he gets the sudden urge to heal their painful expressions away. If only he could do such a thing.

 

"Erm...?" Kai says, filling in the silence.

 

The two women both continue to peer at the ground before Qian growls and looks up at them with a fiery glint in her eyes. It's such a contrast to Luna, who looks up at them as well but with a strangely apologetic look on her face. Lay's eyebrows raise in fear and he glances at the mirror again before looking at his friends. Some look scared too while some look ready to fight if need be--their stances differing.

 

"We've...we've been the ones watching you, okay?" Qian says, before groaning and running a hand through her fringe. She then gestures her free hand towards Luna, herself and then out to the air. "Us and our other co-workers."

 

...What?

 

All of the stories that they all gave each other about feeling like they were being followed by something/someone...it was because of them?

 

"W-we had golems follow after you all--we saw what they saw," Luna adds, rubbing her left arm. She then peers sadly at Kai and Kyungsoo. "Except for you two."

 

Golems are beings commonly seen on their home-planet. Tall, marble creatures with crystal gems for eyes, created by golem-makers and used for security and protection purpose

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter