Codename: E

Strange Entity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

???, ???, March 30 (Late afternoon)

---

 

Now we gotta get them inside, Sehun thinks.

 

Earlier in the day, back when they were all eating to keep their energy up for this journey, Chen had reminded them all of a way to get past the protection stones. It's something that thieves on their homeplanet liked to use to their advantage--specifically the light-bearers.

 

A protection stone's force field takes in light to keep their transparency, and so light-bearers are like loop holes in that when they make their whole bodies light--they can enter through any force field, even if uninvited. (Anyone that's not a light-bearer or accustomed to light can't sneak through any other way since a stone's magic is too strong to get physically destroyed by anyone who didn't purchase it.) So, since Baekhyun has the power of light, that means there's a way inside. And because Baekhyun has pretty much made them all immune to the heat that comes from light, that means that Kai could go with him.

 

Currently, Sehun watches as Baekhyun bites on a fingernail and takes a step forward before turning around to look at Kai who walks over to him and grabs onto his right hand. Baekhyun then takes in a few deep breaths and Kai looks at one of the others--probably Kyungsoo.

 

"You can do it, Baek," Chanyeol says, a reassuring smile on his face.

 

Kai gasps dramatically at that and looks at him. "What about me?"

 

Chanyeol gives a half-smile. "You too, Kai."

 

Kai gives a little chuckle, and Sehun and the others call out Good Luck and Stay Safe before watching as the two turn around and walk cautiously towards a space between two protection stones. Sehun watches as Baekhyun taps a finger onto his and Kai's interlocked fingers, and his lips part as a glowing white light quickly spreads out onto both of their bodies.

 

Kai looks at their hands with his face scrunching up while Baekhyun just seems to concentrate on making them literally light. Another second or two goes by and the glowing white light fully spreads and covers their entire bodies. Kai then lifts up his other hand and marvels at himself before Baekhyun calls out his name to get his attention.

 

Every single thing about them is light now and so they just look like two glowing white person-shaped blobs that lack shadows. Sehun, Tao and a few of the others immediately inform them of how creepy they look and that gets Baekhyun laughing. Then, once he calms down, he takes in another deep breath before he before he turns around and reaches out a hand to place against the force field. Once his hand phases through, he gasps as his whole body slips inside and he brings Kai along with him. Sehun and the others instantly ask if they're okay while moving closer to the protection stones as the other two pick themselves off of the ground and brush the grass off of their bodies.

 

They're still somehow holding hands as they turn to assure them that they're fine and then, Baekhyun lets go of their hands--causing the white light to quickly fade away from Kai's body. Not even a second later, Baekhyun gives Kai a quick, tight hug and Kai hugs him back while blinking in surpr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter