Codename: B¹

Strange Entity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

???, ???, March 30 (Late afternoon)

---

 

With slightly wide eyes, Sehun turns to Tao and asks him why he didn't warn Kai when he seemed to know that that thing would hit him. Tao sighs in response and tells him that no matter how many times he rewinded and tried something new--Kai would always gets hit by the tube-dart and they'd always end up being the only ones to even notice it coming first. But, if anyone warned Kai--more darts would fly out that stunned some of them. After eight tries, he decided to just let it hit Kai without any interference.

 

"I'm not about to faint over a dart." Tao says, frowning. "And this seems to be the best reality so far."

 

-------

 

Inside of the unshiftable area, Qian's walking towards the two princes' room with a tray filled with food and water in her hands while she grumbles to herself about stupid co-workers that get drunk on the job and leave her with cooking duty for the royal two. A part of it might or might not be envy too because her work partner, Onew, has just gone outside to patrol around the perimeter, having complained about the stifling air inside the ship.

 

As Qian turns a corner in the hallway, her eyes narrow when she sees another co-worker of hers named Luna muttering to herself in front of the royal two's door. She walks up to her and with a stern tone, asks what she's doing here and Luna quickly turns her head and looks at her with wide, frightened eyes.

 

"Oh, Qian! The princes--t-they aren't in there!"

 

Qian's eyebrows raise. "What?! What do you mean they're not in there?"

 

She quickly asks for Luna to hold the trays and places them in Luna's hands after the other woman gives a meek, Okay. Luna then moves out of the way of the door-lock as Qian takes out her access card and places it against the door's scanner. When it accepts her card and turns green, she hurries inside after the door slides open to the right and finds that Luna was right--the two princes are nowhere to be found.

 

The room isn't that big, having only enough space for a few items, and she notices with narrowed eyes that the bathroom door is ajar. So, she walks towards the bathroom and turns on the light inside, hoping to find the two, but finds that they're not in there either.

 

Then, Luna walks into the room and tells her that she already checked everywhere. "I even checked under the bed, Qian. They just--disappeared somehow."

 

Qian turns off the bathroom light and walks out of the bathroom, closing the door behind her. "They can't just disappear--something happened."

 

"Well, how could they have escaped then?" Luna asks, watching as Qian goes over to the window. She sets down the trays on the table near the bed. "I checked that too."

 

The two escaping using the bedroom door would be next to impossible to accomplish without an access card and even then they'd be stuck at the main entrance's extra security check, so Qian wonders to herself how they managed to disappear without anyone seeing. After inspecting the window and seeing that it hasn't been tampered with, she steps back and tries to rack her brain around the situation.

 

After coming up blank, she lets out a long puff of air in frustration as she continues to try to figure out the situation while Luna watches her, unsure of what to do. Then, she turns to Luna and asks if anyone has checked outside yet and Luna informs her that no one has. In an instant, Qian remembers that Onew's outside.

 

Depending on when the royal two got out, they could either be long gone by now or Onew found them. Either way though, she needs to make sure that they're okay and tells Luna this.

 

"Um, can I come with you?" Luna asks.

 

"Yeah, sure. If they are out there, then maybe we could even the odds."

 

Luna gives a small smile at that and Qian can't help but smile back before the two of them rush out of the room and down the hallways leading towards the main entrance/air-lock chamber. Once they enter the chamber, the door closes after them and a green curved light moves from the top of the chamber towards the bottom--scanning their bodies and possessions.

 

After it lets out a ding to signal that it's finished, the chamber swivels itself around and opens before the ship's landing strip rapidly unsheathes itself and reaches for the ground. While the steps quickly rise up for safe travelling, Qian grimaces and Luna grins as they take in the sight of falling rain.

 

The raindrops are falling moderately right now and the field in front of the landing strip looks muddy and damp. Without warning, Luna dashes down onto the grass before grinning even wider as the rain hits her. She then twirls around for a second, the soles of her black boots getting muddy while her shoulder-length black hair starts to cling to the back of her black outfit. Qian just shakes her head at her before looking around--not spotting anyone around them anywhere.

 

"Onew must be on the other side," Luna calls out, seemingly reading her mind.

 

She then gives Qian a curious look as she notices how Qian still hasn't stepped off the landing strip yet and Qian's frown deepens as she slowly walks down the landing strip before stepping onto the grass and shuddering as her boots make a sloshing sound in the mud. The rain falls onto her hair and clothes and she idly wonders why her life is the way it is. Luna then moves closer to her and asks if she's alright and Qian stiffly nods and then says that they should check the other side for Onew.

 

So, they set out to walk the perimeter, turning and walking to the left after the landing strip retracts itself. As they walk side-by-side, Qian grits her teeth with each step in the mud while Luna takes in the smell of petrichor and wishes that she could transfer some of her love of Earth rain to Qian. Soon, they reach the part of the ship's perimeter where there's a curve and they walk alongside it until they end up on the other side of the ship.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter