Codename: L¹

Strange Entity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeju, South Korea, March 30 (Late Morning)

---

 

Kai had been trying not to think about it--the possibility that Kris and Luhan may not be safe when he ports to get them.

 

But now it's at the forefront of his mind and it's making him nervous. Because if there's some weird entity after him and his friends, then the red force have probably already figured out that they all didn't completely uphold their end of the deal. But then, speaking of a strange entity after them...after he had ported everyone to this cabin in the woods, they haven't sensed anything or anyone watching them anymore for days now.

 

Something just feels so off about this whole situation.

 

Suddenly, Suho interrupts his thoughts by suggesting that he bring Lay with him, since the latter would be able to keep his energy up while he ports with more than one person. The others voice their agreement and Kai murmurs that it's a good idea.

 

But then Lay speaks up, and all eyes turn to him as he tells of a hole in this new plan. "But what about when I lose energy? If I get hurt? I'd be too much of a liability if that happens."

 

Suho speaks firmly. "Well, it won't happen, okay?"

 

"Maybe Kai should bring another person for offense," Baekhyun chimes in.

 

"Like who?" Kai asks, no longer liking this new plan. His eyes peer over to Kyungsoo and they lock eyes--both frowning.

 

"Well...we want this to be quick," Suho says, crossing a leg over the other. He looks so much like a leader as he hunches forward and rests his clasped hands on his knees. "So maybe...Tao?"

 

Tao gapes at Suho. "Why me?"

 

"Well, if something happens to them, you can rewind time...or better yet...stop time wherever they are so Kai can get to them. Then just start it back up again and it'll be like nothing even happened."

 

"Um, ok, but what happens when I lose energy? If Lay's gonna keep Kai's energy up, then what about me? He can't heal us both and I have my limits too."

 

Suho frowns at him. "That's why you three can't let it get to that point. In and out of wherever Luhan and Kris could be."

 

Kai looks at Sehun, who's been frowning deeply ever since Suho gave the suggestion for Tao to come along with him. He watches as Sehun reaches a hand to squeeze one of Tao's shoulders, most likely worried for the other man. Tao then turns to Sehun and his expression immediately softens before it changes to concern as he gently tells Sehun that he'll be safe--it's okay.

 

The mood of the group sours at this and a few of them start to argue for a bit before Lay, who seems to have had enough of it, silently gets up from his spot on the couch and ambles over to where Kai is. Once he stands beside him, at his right, he gestures for Tao to come over as well with a tight-lipped frown on his face.

 

Sehun places both of his hands on one of Tao's and whispers something to him. Tao nods and whispers something back to him before he smiles fondly once he pulls away. Then, Tao gets up from the couch and walks towards Kai and Lay to stand at Kai's left side, and Sehun turns to look at the three of them and wishes them good luck while the others echo him.

 

Kai smiles wryly at that and turns to look at Tao's and Lay's hands before taking his sweaty hands out of his coat pockets and wiping them on his denim pants. Tao s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter