Chapter 6

My Dorky Next Door Neighbor

 

I Kinda Missed You...

GuiGui continued to smile as she roam around their house. She missed their house. Still the same.

Her smile widened as she entered her room. It was surrounded by pink color. Her toys was still there, the picture frames on top of her study table, and the fairy tale books when she was young.

If she will stay longer in Taiwan, she will change the design and color of her room. But she won't stay that long. She will go back to Chicago because her life is there.

GuiGui carried her things and went to the closet. She can't help but to look at the pictures on top of her study table. She left what she was doing and went there. It was her photos when she was young. Some are with her parents, and the other with her Uncle Armand and Auntie Rose.

GuiGui's forehead knot as she noticed a not-so-small frame behind the big frames. She took it out and look. She wanted to throw it once she saw it. It was her and Aaron. It was taken on her eight birthday. Aaron was at her back, all smiled and pinching her both cheeks. GuiGui was pouting.

"You missed me too, huh?"

GuiGui shrieked out of surprise. She turned and saw Aaron standing next to the door, his arms on his chest.

"Will you please don't scare me like that!" she was holding her chest while screaming.

Aaron held his hands up and stood properly. "Sorry."

"How did you come here?"

"You didn't close the gate," he came closer. "I saw you so I followed you."

"And who told you to follow me?" GuiGui smirked.

"Why did you came late? Where did you sleep last night?" Aaron asked instead to answer her. He took the picture frame from her hand. "Even when we are young, you're already ugly."

GuiGui grabbed the frame. And he insulted her! "Get out of my room if you don't like me kicking your ." She turned around and went back to her closet.

Aaron repeated his question. "Why did you came back late? Where did you stay last night? I was waiting for you but you didn't came back."

"I'm living with Uncle Armand," GuiGui said without looking.

"Why does it look like you ran away?"

GuiGui turned around. "It's none of your business and please? Can you get out of my room?"

"I don't like. I don't have someone to talk to outside."

"Find somebody to talk to. I didn't go back in Taiwan to entertain you."

"So, why did you go home?"

She let out an obvious sigh. He didn't notice that she doesn't like to talk to him. "My Dad told me to go vacation. I answered your question already, so please leave me in peace."

Aaron come closer and lay down in her bed. "How was your life in Chicago? You didn't write to me. I'm just listening to my Mom when she was talking to your Mom over the phone."

GuiGui didn't mind him. She don't care if he wanted to do a monologue. She gave up kicking him out of the house. He told many stories but she didn't listened to him. When she was done with her things, she decided to go out of the room. If he don't want to get out, then she will get out.

Even before she can reached the door, she felt a soft thing that touched her back. Aaron threw a pillow on her.

GuiGui's eyes grew smaller and picked up the pillow then threw it back at him." You don't have anything to do? Go back to your house!"

Aaron laughed at her. "I'm alone in the house. Mom was not there." He threw another pillow and hit her on the face.

He was laughing so hard while she was so pissed. GuiGui picked it up and walk back, hitting him hard over and over. Aaron protected himself with his arms while laughing continously.

"Get out of here, dork!" continously hitting.

"You're still the same, GuiGui," he said. "Grow up, will you?"

She hit him harder. "You grow up! You're making me angry all the time!"

This time, Aaron held onto the pillow to stop her. He was stronger so he quickly grabbed the pillow. He stood up. "I just missed you. It's been a while since I made someone cry."

"Hmmmppp!!!" GuiGui smirked.

He slightly tap her forehead, the same thing he's doing when they were young. "Have your lunch at my house. My Mom will come back next week so you will not see her."

"I don't like. Maybe you'll poison me."

"Just go to my house. Don't be such a sissy."

GuiGui hit him. "You're bad!"

He headed for the door, laughing. And when he was already outside, he turned to her. "It's nice to see you again, GuiGui." And then he smiled. "I kinda missed you."

GuiGui stopped and stared at him. He sounds like a different Aaron. He already left but she's still staring at the door. He missed her, he said. She went to the study table and took the picture frame of them. Then she felt she missed him too. If it was not for him, her childhood life will be boring.