Chapter 14

My Dorky Next Door Neighbor

 

Misunderstanding

"I've been trying to reach you. I went to your parents and asked them where you are but they won't tell me anything."

GuiGui didn't have a chance to react when Wang Zi started to speak.

He have the guts to face me! GuiGui thought.

She stared at him for a few seconds. Thank goodness she didn't love him anymore.

"What are you doing here?" GuiGui asked lazily. "How did you find me?"

"I begged Adrian," Wang Zi held her hand. "Listen, GuiGui. I can leave Shannon if you want me to."

GuiGui's eyes widened in surprised on what he said. He didn't even bother to say sorry about his cheating!

"Go to hell!" GuiGui yelled angrily.

She needed to talk to her friend Adrian. How can he told her place to Wang Zi? What is the reason behind it?

GuiGui was about to close the door but Wang Zi stopped her. "GuiGui, please," he begged her. "I'm sorry if I didn't tell you about Shannon. Our marriage was a sham. I just can't leave her because she's suicidal."

GuiGui felt more anger. His words are contradicting. He will leave his wife if GuiGui want to and then he said that he can't leave his wife because she'suicidal?

What does he think about me, stupid? GuiGui thought.

"Stay away from me, Wang Zi," GuiGui warned. "We are so through, you know that. stop pestering me and go back to your wife."

"GuiGui---"

"Leave before I call the police or before I call your wife."

Wang Zi looked behind her and GuiGui followed where he was looking. Aaron was there staring at them blankly. When she looked back at Wang Zi, his teeth was clenching.

Wang Zi held up his two hands, surrendering. "I get it, we're through. I hope he'd realize how a lousy lover you are." That's it and he left.

GuiGui's mouth dropped open. She? A lousy lover? How can he say that? Nothing happened between them! He's really a hard-faced moron!

GuiGui slammed the door and went to Aaron. "Damn that !"

Aaron kept on staring at her. His expression didn't change.

"Why?" GuiGui asked.

"You dated a married man?"

GuiGui was taken aback on what he asked. She felt disappointment on his voice.

Aaron chuckled, "I thought, you're a nice girl, GuiGui."

"You don't understand, Aaron," GuiGui said finally. But Aaron interrupted her.

"Let's talk some other time, GuiGui," Aaron said and left her house.

She was left staring blankly. She wanted to follow Aaron and tell him that he got it all wrong. He didn't know the whole story that's why he's thinking like that. But GuiGui felt hurt knowing that he thought bad about her. He judged her based on what he saw or on what he heard from Wang Zi.

But then she realized she didn't owe him any explanation.