Chapter 30

My Dorky Next Door Neighbor

 

Back to their Childhood Days

Uncle Bruce invited GuiGui and her family to have a vacation in one of his private beach resort located at Taiyuan. Adrian tag along too. Aaron was there of course. But she was surprise to know that Hebe isn't there.

The resort was stunning. Even though it's private, it have a lot of cabins made out of bamboo. She and Adrian had their cabin. Not far from the cabins is the rest house of Uncle Bruce.

As soon as they step out of the car, she and Adrian went straight into the beach. The cabin wasn't bad. It was made of bamboo from the outside but the inside was made of modern interior.

They were like kids excited to the warmth of the sea water. GuiGui can't help but to look around, her eyes roaming as if looking for someone.

"I know, I know. You wanted to be with Aaron than me," Adrian said grinning.

GuiGui pouted. Adrian noticed what she was doing. "Shut up, Adrian!"

"Pai tuo!" he said sarcastically. "There he is, beside the coconut tree. And if I'm not mistaken, he's looking at you, too."

She simply looked at the place he's pointing at. And there she saw Aaron, seriously staring at them.

"That man has the hots for you. I'm sure of it," Adrian commented.

"Sure," GuiGui said. "Don't forget he's getting married."

Adrian kept quiet. He looked and then swim away from her. She looked back at the tree but Aaron left already.

She sighed. What Adrian said a while ago was just wistful thinking. Aaron doesn't like her.

When Adrian came back, she told him she will took off. Adrian was left on the beach. She didn't see any people around. Maybe they're taking a rest, even Aaron. She went to their cabin. Before she reach there, Aaron ws sitting at the front porch, waiting for her.

"It's a good thing you left that man for a while," Aaron commented without smiling.

GuiGui was stunned. "What?"

"Don't forget, you have some company here. You didn't came for a honeymoon."

GuiGui didn't understand what he was saying. And what's with the honeymoon? "You're being paranoid. Take a rest. Maybe when you wake up, your mind is clear."

"Why? Isnt' it true?" Aaron said, his eyebrows are twitched.

"I really don't understand what you're saying."

"What's hard to understand? You don't have anymore time on m--- on us. You let your world revolve around that Adrian guy!."

"Wait a minute! Because of Adrian that's why your acting a big jerk now?"

"No!" Aaron quickly denied. "I'm just telling you you should divide your attention. Not with that guy alone."

"His name is Adrian." GuiGui noticed he wasn't mentioning her friend's name. "And please, don't tell me to divide my attention. As you can see, everybody takes a rest. It was Adrian whom I can invite swim at the beach. Now if you still keep worrying about my undivided attention, why don't you join us instead?"

"No, thank you. I'd rather rest." Then Aaron left her.

GuiGui was left irritated and annoyed on what he had done.

Time past and their parents went out of the cabin. Aaron decided to take a rest so he went inside his cabin.

The workers of the resort brought food for them. They ate at the cottage near the beach. She thought about bringing food for Adrian. But when she's about to take the food, she heard Aaron talked.

"Wake him up instead of bringing food for him. Is he a prince?"

GuiGui faced Aaron. "what is your problem?"

"Me?" Aaron said innocently. "Nothing."

"Why do you keep on following me?"

Aarn smirked. "Why would I? FYI, I have my own cabin." He pointed at the cabin beside theirs.

It was like they were back to their childhood.

"You know what? You're just jealous that's why your trying to find someone to pissed off."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Eveyone around here, have their own partner inside the cabin. You should've bring your girlfirend who's so busy in her career so you wouldn't be out of place."

Aaron didn't like what she said. "Leave Hebe out of this."

Okay, she was over the line. But she was totally irritated.

"Then leave me alone, Aaron," GuiGui said and marched back to their cabin.