Chapter 22

My Dorky Next Door Neighbor

 

A Great Gift

"My gift?" GuiGui laid her hand when she welcomed Aaron at the door. He just arrived from his out-of-town project.

"Here," he handed her a bunch of paper bags.

GuiGui tooked it happily and let him in. "When did you arrive?" she asked as they sat at the the sofa.

"A few minutes ago."

"So... how is Hongkong?"

"Boring. 'Cause you're not there," Aaron grinned after.

It was a joke, she knew. But she didn't take it as one.

"Hmmp! Don't start, dork!" GuiGui said. She started to check out the gifts.

"GuiGui," Aaron called.

"Hmmm?" GuiGui looked up. He was looking at her like he really did miss her. "W-why?"

He stared at her for a while. GuiGui thought he would say something. It was written all over his face. But Aaron choose to stay silent. He stood up. "I-I should get going. I need to go to work tomorrow."

"O-okay," GuiGui said and also stood up. "You need to take a rest."

She took him to the door. "Uhm, thanks for the gifts."

Aaron opened the door but he didn't went out. He suddenly faced her. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

She thought he would head out but her eyes grew wide and her heart thumped like crazy when his face descended on hers, his lips touched hers. Before she closed her eyes, she saw him slowly closing his eyes.

GuiGui felt giddy and her knees turn to jelly. It was a good thing he caught her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer.

He kissed her gently as if he wanted to taste every part of her lips. She felt both fear and excitement. She was scared of the consequence of what they did and yet her whole being was filled with thrill from that kiss. She responded with equal passion because she knew it was way too impossible not to kiss him back.

GuiGui knew that what she did was wrong. He was already committed to someone. But as of that moment, she doesn't want to think about it. If it was selfishness she had in mind, so be it. She don't care either. All she can think about is the sweetness of the kiss.

They separated for a few minutes, their eyes met, then his lips started to go down once again.

Suddenly, he stopped. Aaron slowly stepped back from her. "I-I really should get going." He head out of the door and went straight into his house.

GuiGui stayed at the door, standing. Then it struck her. She wanted to cry. Who she will feel embarassed--- to Aaron, to Hebe, or to herself?

It was just a kiss. But she was a grown up woman and she knew what will happen if that kiss deepens. Honestly, she didn't know if she could control herself. And it would be very, very unfair to everybody else if they crossed the line.

GuiGui and Aaron were just friends, it was very clear to her. But being close to him was a different outcome on her. She can't entertain the feelings toward Aaron. He will get married soon.

And she didn't want to be the cause of his and Hebe's problem in the future. She don't want to hurt someone's feelings.

GuiGui should stopped the feelings she have for Aaron as soon as possible before everything gets worse.