Chapter 18

My Dorky Next Door Neighbor

 

Sweet GuiGui

Aaron was tired and hungry when he got home. He finished loads of paperworks in the office. He studied their project blueprints lined-up on the next couple of weeks.

It was ten pm according to his watch. He wanted to sleep but his stomach is growling. Aaron found food on the table. He took it and reheat in the stove. He sat while waiting. He have a helper actually but she's going home after she finished all the household chores.

Aaron tried not to sleep but he can't help it. He had a few minute nap and was dreaming because he saw that GuiGui was on his house and preparing his food. And when she finished, she was staring at him, smiling.

"Wake up, dork."

Aaron quickly opened his eyes and straighten up from the chair when he realized he wasn't dreaming.

GuiGui was really there, sitting on the other side of the table. She was warmly smiling and fondly looking at him.

"What are you doing here?"

"I prepared your dinner," GuiGui simply answered.

Aaron's forehead knotted. He looked at the table and the food was there.

"what time did you get here?"

GuiGui rolled her eyes. "I was here a long time ago, huh! Auntie Lena and I are chatting upstairs. She wanted to take rest so I decided to go home. Then I saw your hardships in life here at the kitchen so I decided to help you."

Aaron laughed at what she said. "You prepared this for me?"

"Is there anybody else here?" her eyebrows raised. She folded her arms. "Now, eat."

"Sorry for the disturbance." But his heart was filled with pure gladness. Only his mom often prepared his meal. Even Hebe didn't have a chance to do something like this.

"It's nothing." She smiled. "So... I'll go ahead. Go on with your life."

"Later," Aaron pulled her back. He wanted her presence still. "You're so eager to go home."

"Aha!" GuiGui protested. "You wanted me to wash the dishes too?"

Aaron laughed and answered. "Is it obvious? I'm tired."

"Hmmppp!" GuiGui stood up.

Aaron stopped him. "Stay with me for a while. It's so sad eating alone." He made his voice more sweeter.

"You're so childish." But GuiGui stayed and sat down again.

When Aaron finished his meal, GuiGui cleaned up and wash the dishes.

"Let's get married, GuiGui. So you will always prepare my food when I got home," Aaron joked.

GuiGui opened her eyes very wide. "You're not the man I want to spend the rest of my life with."

Aaron laugh out loud. GuiGui will never liked the idea of them getting married eventhough it's just a joke. But the odd thing was, he was starting to get bothered about it. He felt that GuiGui will never like him. And he don't like that idea.

Aaron didn't know if he will be insulted on the way GuiGui said that he's not the man she will spend the rest of her life with. Insulted or not, he didn't like even just the thought of it. He didn't know how he managed to laugh at that joke while inside his heart wasn't happy at all.

When GuiGui finished everything, she said goodbye again. "Hao le, I'll go home now."

Aaron didn't protested this time. "I'll walk you to your house."

Aaron and GuiGui stopped in the front door. "Rest well," she said and opened the door.

"Yeah. You, too." He kissed her on the cheek. "Goodnight."

Aaron was surprised to his action. He didn't know why his lips automatically went down to kiss her cheek. GuiGui too. Surprise was written all over her face.

"You're so naughty!" GuiGui snapped at him.

"That was a thank-you kiss for preparing my late dinner."

"You're such a dork!" GuiGui pouted and marched inside. Aaron saw the smile on GuiGui's face before she can close the door.

He was walking back to his house, smiling secretly.