Chapter 27

My Dorky Next Door Neighbor

 

Her Confession

"I told you he's getting married," GuiGui corrected Adrian. They were at the back yard sitting. She told everything what happened to her since she came back to Taiwan.

"So, why did he kiss you?" Adrian asked teasing.

"He didn't kiss me. It didn't happen because you came out."

"He didn't kiss you?" Adrian didn't believe her.

"No."

"Ever?"

GuiGui kept silent.

"Oh, my God!" he squealed. "You kissed!"

"Y-yeah," she admitted. "Once."

"And?"

"He walked out."

"And you felt bad," he added.

"No!" she answered.

"You will lie to me?" I know you, GuiGui."

"Okay," she confessed. "So, I got hurt. So what? It's not as if I'm gonna die or something."

Adrian looked at her with pity in his eyes. "You love him don't you?"

Again she didn't respond.

"That's the problem." he said exasperately. ""What are you gonna do now?"

"Nothing. What shall I do? He kissed me. That's it. It didn't mean anything to him and to me as well."

"You will not feel hurt if what he did meant nothing to him, GuiGui?"

She didn't respond once again. Her friend was right. She will not feel hurt if the kiss meant nothing to him. But who she's fooling anyway? She's not hurting because of that. She's also hurting because Aaron is avoiding her for how many days. She's hurting because he love a woman before her.

She love Aaron, she realized that already. If she can snatch him away from Hebe, she will do. What if Aaron love her? He will leave Hebe and Hebe's the one who'll get hurt? She came back to Taiwan because she almost broke a family. And what if Aaron didn't love her? She's still going to get hurt.

GuiGui doesn't want anyone to get hurt, she doesn't want to get hurt either.

"Oh, my God!" Adrian once again squealed."You love him!"

"It's not important anymore."

"Of course it is! What if he loves you too?"

"Adrian, let's not make it a big issue. It doesn't matter if he kissed me and I got hurt. Nothing's gonna change. He will get married with Hebe. He didn't love me. I'll be going back to Chicago."

"You're so pessimist."

"You always believe those romance stories," GuiGui was not being pessimist. She just know where she will stand.