Chapter 34

My Dorky Next Door Neighbor

 

Follow Your Heart

The room was dark, though the laptop monitor gave a slight brightness on it. Aaron was staring at the uploaded pictures of him and GuiGui. It was taken during their happenings everywhere, from her house and his.

It had been three weeks since he last saw her, and God, he missed her. He felt he will get crazy thinking about her. GuiGui is always in his mind--- eventhough he's with Hebe.

He wanted to see her. He wanted to hug her, feel the warmth of her skin. He wanted to kiss her. Ah, God... He felt miserable without her. If she didn't love him, it's okay, as long as she's with him.

What bothers him more is about what happened to them that night. He never thought she was still innocent. And he took it away from her. He kept asking himself why did she gave it to him? Why she didn't gave it to Wang Zi or even Adrian? Why him?

With that, he felt even more special. He had every other man didn't have. It could mean GuiGui felt the same way he felt for her. He loved her. He admitted to himself that he love the girl.

But what about Hebe? They're getting married. They don't have a solid plan because she's still busy. Eventhough he didn't mention anything, he knew Hebe is expecting it. This is what supposed to happen right? If he turned his back, he's no different from his father.

"You miss her, don't you?"

Aaron surprisingly turned around. His mom was there.

"Ma." He stood up and open the light. "I was just looking at the pictures."

"You're my son, Aaron. I know you," she said and looked at the screen of his laptop. "If you love her, why don't you follow her?"

He didn't expect that from his mom. "I'm getting married."

"Do you love the woman you're going to get married with?" she asked.

Aaron didn't reply. "I don't want to follow my father's footsteps who left his family for another woman," he said bitterly.

"Even if you love that woman?"

He didn't reply once again.

Mrs. Yan sighed and sat by the bedside. "Aaron, there's something I haven't told you about your father."

His eyes landed on hers, puzzled.

"He left us because that is what I asked of him. And I walked out because I don't want to get hurt."

"I don't understand," he said. "He left us. For another woman."

"He didn't left us for a woman, Aaron. He just returned to his true love."

Aaron didn't expect it. He didn't know about that.

"Like what's happening to you, we're suppose to get married when he met Margarette," she said, referring to his father's wife. "But right before he met Margarette, our relationship is in a trash. We tried to get married because I'm already pregnant with you at that time." She sighed again. "I knew then he loved Margarette even while he was with me physically. I was blinded with my love for him. In the end, I gave up. It's more painful to know that he's with me but he love someone else."

Aaron was stunned. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I thought you wouldn't understand. But I think, you'll understand me now, son. If you don't want history repeats itself, fight for your feelings. Fight for the woman you truly love, Aaron."

"But Hebe will get hu---"

"That's the way it is, son," she interrupted. "You'll be more unfair if you will continue the wedding." She stood up and took the laptop. She handed it to Aaron, the screen facing him, and smiled. "Do what is best for you. Follow your heart."