Chapter 24

My Dorky Next Door Neighbor

 

Who's To Blame?

When GuiGui's parents arrived at Taiwan a few days back, she went back to their house with them. Her dad planned on staying for a couple of weeks because he misses his younger brother.

One morning, GuiGui went to Uncle Armand's house to bring some important documents her dad gave. She was walking back home when Rufo stood right in front of her. His tail is waggling as if he was so happy to see her.

"Rufo, no!" she yelled at the dog, taking one step behind.

But the dog didn't listen. Rufo was about to jump right into her when the dog heard Aaron's voice.

"Rufo!"

GuiGui looked at Aaron. He was about to go to work. Rufo went and sat in front of the door.

She didn't know if she will stay or go to her house. It was obvious she and Aaron were avoiding each other.

"G-good morning," Guigui greeted.

"Yeah. Uh, about what happened at the party," Aaron started.

"I know. I didn't expect it, too. Have you explained to Hebe about it?"

"Yes, and she understood."

"G-good then."

"Yeah."

Silence filled the air. They both feel awkward with each other.

"O-0kay. I gotta go."

GuiGui nodded and marched right into her house. She really felt he was avoiding her. When she closed the door, her tears fell.

GuiGui wanted their friendship to come back. It's much easier to deal his teasing rather than avoiding each other. She blamed that one kiss because it changed everything. She blamed that classic marriage joke because it was the reason why her life was in turmoil.