Chapter 26

My Dorky Next Door Neighbor

 

Jealousy Bites

"What are you doing here, twerp?" GuiGui greeted Adrian excitedly. She quickly hugged him as soon as she saw him standing outside the door. She just came back from Uncle Armand's house.

"Visiting you, what else?"

GuiGui raised her eyebrows. "why didn't you tell me that you're coming? I should have take you from the airport."

"surprise! I told you on the phone that I'm going to visit you here."

She grabbed and hugged him again. "God, I missed you, really!"

Adrian laughed and hugged her back. She took his bag and pulled him inside the house.

"You're enjoying your stay here, huh?" Adrian commented.

"Bu shi. I really wanted to go back to Chicago. But Dad insisted that we'll go back together."

GuiGui stopped talking when she noticed her parents talking to Aaron. They're sitting at the living room. Auntie Lena is there too.

"Adrian's here," GuiGui informed everybody.

"Adrian!" her mom said. It shows on her face that she was happy to see him. Even her dad too. Adrian was close to her parents.

GuiGui's mom introduce Adrian to the visitors. When she looked at Aaron, his forehead is knotted, carefully staring at her friend.

"Until when are you planning to stay?" her dad asked to Adrian.

"I'm not sure, Uncle. Maybe a week or two. I'll visit my relatives too," Adrian answered.

"Where will you stay?" her mom asked.

"Hotel, Auntie. I stopped by just to see this girl here," Adrian said and wrapped his arms around GuiGui.

"You can stay here," her dad suggested. "We have a vacant room upstairs."

"Yeah!" GuiGui agreed. "Save your money for our business," She giggled.

Then her eyes caught Aaron's reaction. He's pouting! He didn't like the idea of Adrian staying at their house.

"If that's what you want," Adrian said.

"So, he's the friend you've been telling me about, GuiGui," Auntie Lena told her.

"Yes, Auntie."

"He's a very good-looking man, sweety. Don't tell me you haven't developed your feelings for each other?"

Adrian started to cough and they all looked at him. GuiGui wanted to laugh out loud. Jeez! The thought of Adrian and her having a serious relationship was ridiculous! If before it was craziness to tell that she will like Aaron, much more if she will like Adrian. She and Adrian both liked men!

"S-sorry," Adrian apologized. "My throat itch."

GuiGui looked at Aaron once again. He was staring at her as if waiting for her answer.

"Auntie---" GuiGui didn't finished answering because her dad interrupted.

"I'm really confused too, Lena. They've been friends for a long time, just waiting for each other. Me and Almira didn't know if they haven't realize their feelings or just ignoring it."

GuiGui looked at her dad. She didn't know that her parents way of thinking is like that.

"Daddy, I'll show Adrian his room," GuiGui wanted to avoid the topic. "I'm sure he's tired."

She and Adrian left and went upstairs. She took him to a vacant room.

"Take rest first. I'm sure you still have jet lag." she said to Adrian.

"Yeah," he didn't protested. "Tell me what happened to you, okay? See you later."

"Okay, later," she replied and went out of the room. GuiGui almost freaked out when she saw Aaron standing right next to the door. "What are you doing there?" she hissed.

"Was that your best friend?" he asked.

"Yes." She walked out.

He followed her. "Why is he staying here? He can afford a hotel, right?"

"Dad wanted Adrian to stay."

"If you didn't agree, he will not allow it."

Her eyebrows raised alternately. "I want him here, too. He's my best friend and I missed him."

"Your friend is a guy. Don't you think it's awkward?"

"Aaron, in Chicago, sometimes we're sleeping together."

"sleeping together?!" his eyes grew wide.

"My parents trust him as much as I do."

"Eventhough. He's still a man. What have gotten in your mind and you allowed a guy sleep right next to you? What if he tried to harass you?"

GuiGui looked at Aaron with surprise. "Adrian has been my friend since I was twelve. We've known each other for a long time so if something happens between us, it's not your problem anymore."

"Yeah right," he said sarcastically. "I forgot that you grew up abroad. Everything is allowed. Without malice."

"And what do you mean by that?"

"So, even if I kiss you a thousand times, it wouldn't matter to you?"

GuiGui gasp for air when she heard Aaron said that.

"You wouldn't dare," GuiGui said nervously.

"Believe me, I can," Aaron challenged her.

GuiGui stepped back as Aaron moved closer.

"A-Aaron..."

His face descended on hers. He almost kissed her. But he suddenly stopped when the door open and Adrian peeked right into it. GuiGui and Aaron looked at him.

"Oops, sorry," Adrian said. "I thought I heard some noise so I thought of checking it out."

Aaron pulled away from her. He turned around and went downstairs. Adrian was looking at her grinning.

"Now I know why you're enjoying your stay here," he said teasingly.

"Sshh!" GuiGui answered annoyingly.

###########################################################

Hi guys!

Sorry to keep you waiting.

I've been busy updating my site so I haven't been into my fanfics lately.

But now I'm back with a vengeance! LOLs.

Stop by at AFF and enjoy reading other Fahrenheit fanfics.

[http://feilunhaifanfics.co.nr]

Or just say hello at the tagboard to let me know you visited my site.

Thanks. Enjoy. xxxooo. afhilangie=D