Chapter 3

My Dorky Next Door Neighbor

 

Two Miserable Hearts Meet Part 2

Her parents had a real estate business in Chicago. Since they migrated there, it was already their business. She's the only child that's why she's too much spoiled. And her parents are afraid for her when she knew about Wang Zi.

The driver took her from the airport. Like her parents, Uncle Armand is into real estate business too.

GuiGui gave a huge sighed when they reached her uncle's house. It was the same as she remembered. Big, white, lots of pillars. Still looks new. Everytime she looked at it, since she was a child, she thinks that it was the White House. Of course, much, much smaller version of White House.

GuiGui's uncle and auntie was not there when she arrived. According to the housemaid, they're still at work. Uncle Armand and Auntie Rose was unlucky to have a child so she was their favorite. If GuiGui was spoiled to her parents, she's more spoiled to them.

"May I know your name, auntie?" GuiGui asked the middle-aged housemaid.

"Mary, my dear," she answered smiling.

"How many years you're working here?" GuiGui was sure that it wasn't the housemaid of her uncle then.

"Almost five years."

GuiGui nodded. "Ah, Auntie Mary, can I go to our old house?" she asked. It's four in the afternoon and she has nothing to do.

"Where is it, my dear?"

"Just a block away from here, Auntie."

"Okay, but come back on time."

GuiGui nodded smiling and went out. She walked towards their old house. When her uncle come, she will borrow the key so she can get inside. For now, she just wanted to see their house from the outside.

Twelve years passed when they migrated to States. Her Dad left the responsibility of their house to her Uncle Armand. She knew that her parents will come back to Taiwan in due time. So they didn't sell it. When they grow old, they have a place to stay and called home.

A lot of things changed in the surroundings. When she was young, there's only a few houses there. Now, it almost occupied the whole subdivision.

GuiGui's forehead crumpled as she passed by a house without a gate. The only house without a gate. It has a front lawn and the house was farther than the other houses that she saw. The design was unique. Most houses she saw were made of rock. But this one was American style. Simple but quite impressive. Beside the house was the garage with three cars in it.

GuiGui saw their house beside it and she was confused. She remembered that the house next door was different. She just shrugged her shoulders. What does she know? Maybe the owner before moved out and it has a new owner now.

Even before she can passed by the unusual house, she heard a dog barked. GuiGui looked back and saw the dog behind her. Three to four metres was the distance between them. He was looking at her while barking.

Where did it come from? GuiGui thought.

GuiGui didn't notice him before. The dog was big and black. She don't like dogs so she can't tell what kind of breed he is. But she was sure she can't get away from him.

GuiGui's eyes grew big as he walk towards her. Her heart beat faster and she tried to calm down. If she runs, he'll chase her for sure.

GuiGui turned around slowly facing the dog. She started to walk backwards. But the dog followed her.

"Nice doggie," GuiGui almost cried.

The dog barked once again.

GuiGui wanted to cry... again. She's so unlucky today. Her backward walking takes her to the lawn. If she don't think faster, this dog will make her a dinner!

GuiGui looked around. She had no choice but to climb those cars in the garage. Then she saw the house's door was open. It was her last option. She had to go inside and lock the door. She will explain to the owner later. She doesn't want to be bitten by the dog.

But to her shock, the dog run towards her and grabbed her. She screamed as loud as she can.

###########################################################

"Get off me, bad dog! Urghh!" GuiGui shouted as she avoid her face to the dog.

She was lying on the grass, under the big dog. He didn't bite her, in fact, he's her. He's maybe thinking she was some kind of a toy. If she didn't put her hand on her face, she will be full of saliva.

"Rufo!"

The big dog got out of her when he heard the big voice. GuiGui quickly stood up and wiped her face.

"Are you okay, Miss?" the guy asked. He was standing beside her.

GuiGui looked at him. She stopped wiping her cheek and stared at him. She was five foot-six inches but the man in front of her was much taller. And he was handsome. She was sure the man wasn't pure Chinese. His light-brown eyes was noticeable. Tall nose, thin lips, fair complexion.

Her forehead crumpled. The man was awfully familiar. She seems to know him wayyy back then.

The man crumpled his forehead too while staring at her.

"GuiGui?"

"Dork?" they exclaimed at the same time.