Chapter 17

My Dorky Next Door Neighbor

 

Marry Mr. Dorky

GuiGui was invited by Auntie Lena to have dinner outside. Aaron and Bruce Fan was with them. They went into a cozy restaurant downtown.

"When are you planning to get married, Uncle Bruce?" GuiGui asked while eating.

"We haven't plan the date yet, sweety," he answered.

"Aiyoh, GuiGui. We want Aaron to get married first," Auntie Lena interrupted.

"Ma, if you want to get married with Uncle Bruce, it's fine with me," Aaron said.

Auntie Lena tried to caught Aaron's eyes. "Why, son? Your wedding with that girl is cancelled?"

GuiGui looked at Auntie Lena. She sound happy mentioning about the cancellation of Aaron's wedding with Hebe. She felt that Auntie Lena didn't like Hebe at all.

"Ma," Aaron protested. "Let's not talk about my wedding, all right?"

"You're trying to defend that girlfriend of yours again," Auntie Lena faced GuiGui. "Where can you find an engaged woman at the same time travelling from here to there?"

GuiGui didn't comment. She took a glance at Aaron. She don't know if she will give an opinion about it. She was off that case.

Auntie Lena continued. "Maybe when that girl comes back, she will just put on the wedding gown."

"Ma..." Aaron protested once again.

Auntie Lena didn't stop. "I don't want to meddle with his life. If she really loves Aaron, I have nothing against it. What irritates me is that, she agreed to get married then she signed a contract without telling Aaron. My son knew about it when she was already in New York. She went there without even telling him. Imagine that?"

GuiGui looked at Aaron. She didn't know about that. He didn't say anything.

That's why Aaron was avoiding the topic about Hebe. He was hurting. Who wouldn't? It came straight from his mouth that he love the girl. If she was at his situation, maybe she will call it off. But he love Hebe, that's why he's still waiting.

GuiGui can't help but feel jealous of Hebe. She was lucky to have Aaron. If it's another man, he will never wait for her.

GuiGui continued her dinner. She don't want to comment on anything. But her sympathy was on Aaron.

"How about you, GuiGui?" Uncle Bruce asked. "Why aren't you married?"

"I don't have a boyfriend," she answered and bite the apple.

"Why don't you get married with my son, GuiGui?" Auntie Lena asked. "Besides, he promised then that he will marry you when both of you grow up."

GuiGui choked and started to cough when she heard what Auntie Lena said.