Chapter 21

My Dorky Next Door Neighbor

 

Admiring the Dork

GuiGui wasn't seeing Aaron for a couple of days. He had an out-of-town project. She can't understand herself why she misses him. She was irritated to herself because he was always on her mind.

Even the joke from the people around her--- about the "wedding"--- she takes it seriously. Uncle Armand and Auntie Rose is teasing her to Aaron. Aaron more often about it. She was annoyed in front of them, but inside her heart, she felt happiness.

GuiGui knew that it was all a joke. And she hate herself because she felt that she liked that idea. That Aaron would get married with her.

That was ridiculous, of course. He will get married. She will be temporary in this country and will get back to Chicago soon.

But everytime she's with Aaron, she forgot that she will not stay longer. And a part of her wanted to stay for good--- all because of Aaron.

GuiGui don't have the right to meddle in his relationship with Hebe but she can't help to get angry with her. How can she leave Aaron for a long time? Isn't she afraid that somebody would snatch him away from her?

Aaron was every woman's dream. Very sweet, caring, kind. Sometimes, when they're together, she felt that he was her boyfriend.

She admired his patience. He's waiting for Hebe and eventhough he didn't say anything, she knew that he was struggling in his situation. GuiGui saw the features of Hebe in a magazine. She was really beautiful. GuiGui wasn't surprise if she enter the international modelling arena.

GuiGui remember the last time she talked to Aaron before he left. He said goodbye to her, which she thought that's not necessary. He even asked what she wanted when he come back.

"Do you want to come with me to Hongkong tomorrow?" Aaron asked. They are at the backside of his house, sitting in the wooden swing.

GuiGui laughed. "What would I do there?"

"Nothing. I don't have someone there to make angry and cry," he joked.

She pouted. "Bu keneng! You will take me because you don't have any laughingstock there."

Aaron laughed. Then he looked at the sky. "I'm going to miss you, GuiGui."

GuiGui stared at him. Why did he say that? Was there a meaning to it? And why did she feel tenderness in his voice?

When Aaron looked at her, he was already grinning. "No one will get angry to me, no one will tell me 'I hate you, dork!'" He made his voice smaller.

GuiGui laughed out loud. But it marked in her mind the way he said how he will miss her.

Now, she was finding his presence. She wanted to be with him. And she hate herself because there's this feeling she can't help but to feel for Aaron.

She knew she admired him. And she didn't have the slightest idea why on earth she admired him.

Then maybe, she admired him because she never had a boyfriend like Aaron. She felt jealous of Hebe because she was lucky to have him. Hebe is lucky to have Aaron but she was neclecting the man who love her.