Chapter 35

My Dorky Next Door Neighbor

 

Epilogue

"Why don't you just admit to yourself that you wanted to fly back to Taiwan?"

GuiGui wanted to whack the folder she was holding to Adrian. They were in her apartment, talking about the building of their supermarket. He was so annoying since the morning. They went to the place where they will build the supermarket but went home quickly because she was irritated to him.

"I'm really annoyed with you, Adrian!" she hissed.

"What?" he act innocently. "It's obvious, GuiGui. You miss the man. You love the man. So why don't you get him and make him yours? Instead of wandering around in space. It's okay if you cancelled our business here. We can build the supermarket in Taiwan, then you'll manage." Adrian grinning.

GuiGui finally whacked him with the folder. "Shut up!"

"Pai tuo, GuiGui," he didn't managed to finish his sentence when the doorbell rang. "Are you expecting someone?"

GuiGui shrugged her shoulders off. "Must be the neighbors."

Adrian stood up to check who's on the door. A few minutes passed but he didn't return. She can't see who's at the door because it was covered with a foyer. A few minutes later she stood up and followed him. When she looked up, she saw Aaron standing near the foyer, staring at her.

GuiGui's heart wanted to come out because of nervousness. Is he real? "A-Aaron?"

"Hello, GuiGui."

She was stunned. He is real!

He come closer and sat by the sofa. "Chicago is very far," he said. He took off his shoes and put it on top of the coffee table.

GuiGui was left staring at him. She can't believed it. Aaron was here, sitting on her sofa, his feet on the table. She don't know what to feel. Her heart was filled with mixed emotions.

"Can I have a glass of water? Or I think juice is better," he commanded.

GuiGui followed him, still stunned. When everything sink in her brain, she quickly turned around and said, "Wait a minute! Why are you commanding me?"

He smiled. "I'm asking for a drink."

Then she noticed her friend didn't come back. "Where is Adrian?"

"He went out."

"What are you doing here? Why are you here?"

"Visiting you. I told you then, I missed you terribly."

"You came here because you missed me?"

"Yep. I don't have someone to annoyed back there."

She wanted to believe he had a good reason for flying to Chicago.

"Come here," he tapped the vacant seat.

Her nervousness is still there. How could he be so calm? Then she sat beside him, giving a space between them. "How did you find my place?"

"Uncle Miguel." He was talking about her dad. Aaron took the throw pillow and place it right at her legs then he lay down. "How are you?"

"I-I'm fine." Of course she wasn't.

"Ows? I'm not though. I really missed you a lot."

GuiGui tried to suppressed her tears. She didn't know why he was telling these things. He said he missed her. She missed him, too. She missed him more than he did.

"Why did you came here? I have a peaceful life now."

"Look at yourself! You suddenly came to my life, and then suddenly go. I'm so sad did you know that?"

She can't hide her tears anymore. She pushed Aaron for him to fall out of the sofa. She stood up but he grabbed her hand.

He stood up. "Ouch! Why did you do that?" he protested.

GuiGui hit him on the chest. "What do you want from me? Why did you came here? You'll get married. Do you know what will Hebe think if she knew you're here?"

"Let her be. She's a big woman."

"Look at your reasons!" she yelled.

Aaron pulled her in the sofa. "I'll bring you back to Taiwan. We'll get married for real."

"What are you talking about?" GuiGui was shocked.

"That is our plan since we were kids, right? Even when you left 12 years ago, that's my promise to you, remember?"

"You'll get married but not with me. It's Hebe," she corrected. "You'll get married with her because you love her."

Aaron took a deep breath. "I loved her then. I loved her in every possible way I can. But it's already disappearing before you came. Then, you came back into my life. You came back and let me feel that I'm special. I didn't notice that I fell in love with you and she disappeared in my heart."

GuiGui was speechless.

"I thought I've been unfair to her. I asked her to marry me yet I was in love with someone else. I couldn't leave her, not even when your name was already written in my heart. I don't know if you feel the same way."

He moved closer. "I'm sorry if I didn't do anything after what happened to us. And I'm sorry if I didn't talk to you. I didn't know what to say. I can't promise you anything. I didn't want you to get hurt. I saw how my mom got hurt because my father is with another woman. I told myself I would never be like him. I told myself I would never hurt the woman I choose. I would never leave Hebe though it's you that I love. I think a lot of times. I thought, I can marry her. But what can I do? I can't live without you. All the people in the world can leave me, except you."

"W-what about Hebe?"

"We talked. It's a good thing we talked. The funny thing was, we felt the same way. She didn't want to marry me. She can't say it either because she don't know how to say it without letting me get hurt."

"Y-you love me?"

"I wouldn't fly a thousand miles if I didn't," He gently caress her face. "You have to know I am so in love with you. I don't want to tease you about marrying me because I wanted it for real."

GuiGui pouted though she felt her happiness very overwhelming. "How can you be so sure I'll marry you?"

Aaron grinned. "You love me."

"Who told you that?"

"Adrian. We talked before I came in here."

"You did?"

"Yes, he told me some things about you. God, I felt jealous over the guy. I shouldn't have," he smiled.

"He's gay."

"He told me so," He gently look at her. "My coming here was a gamble. It's a good thing I talked to Adrian. He cleared everything and I felt more confident in bringing you home." He took out something from his pocket. GuiGui's mouth dropped open when he kneel down and open a small box with a ring in it. "Marry me, GuiGui."

"Oh,God, yes! Yes!" she answered crying.

"I love you..." He looked into her eyes and she could clearly see love in them. "More than life itself."

"I love you, too, Aaron."

He closed his eyes to feel the words she spoken. They hugged each othe tightly. He kissed her and once more, it felt right like it used to.

Who would have thought their classic joke would come true?

###########################################################

Thank you for reading peeps!

Another good story has come to an end.

Hope you enjoyed it.

Well, for the last time, leave a comment. Specially the silent readers. LOLs.

Eniweiz, I have new fics available now so please don't forget to drop by, hao ba?

http://winglin.net/fanfic/4hire

http://winglin.net/fanfic/ty

http://winglin.net/fanfic/RandJ

Once again. Thank you.

Ciao!

xxxooo, afhilangie =D