Chapter 25

My Dorky Next Door Neighbor

 

Torn Between Two Lovers?!

"Honey, I was asked to be the new endorser of BabyPhox and I said 'yes'. So, the day after tomorrow, I'll be having a photoshoot and the day after it, probably we'll have the commercial shoot. They wanted to rush things while I'm in Taipei."

Aaron was hearing what Hebe was saying. He understood some of the words she said. BabyPhox was a known clothing line. That's what he understood. Everything else she said didn't sink in his mind. And that was because he was thinking of something else. Or rather "someone" else.

GuiGui was filling his mind lately. Until now, he was thinking about what happened to them that change their attitude towards each other.

He kissed her. He uncontrollably kissed her. He didn't want to do it but he can't help it. He missed her. He haven't seen her for a few days so when he came back, he can't help but to kiss her.

He knew it was wrong. There was Hebe. He was getting married.But the excitement that he felt to see GuiGui was strong. But guilt coursed through him that same moment. And he felt guilty for both Hebe and GuiGui.

Aaron felt guilty because he's supposed to kiss Hebe only. She is his girlfriend and he told himself over and over that he's getting married with her.

"And then I'm going to guest in a local fashion show next week. The venue is at Tainan. I'm not sure yet but most likely, it will be a three-day event."

The last sentence that Hebe mentioned is what he understood. He just nodded.

When she left him without a word, Aaron was so mad. Now, he doesn't seem to care what's her plan for her career, where she's going and how long will she stay away.

Aaron was not affected. Funny as it seems, when Hebe returned, neither one of them open the topic about their wedding. It seemed Hebe didn't want to talk about it for now. He didn't bring up the topic, as well.

The truth was he was confused. He knew he love Hebe. He will not ask her to marry him if not. But there was undeniably a stronger feeling in his heart for GuiGui--- so strong, he wasn't able to fight it. He couldn't fight it. And he knew he was being unfair to Hebe.

Aaron didn't know what to do. He wanted to blame Hebe for leaving him. He wanted to blame her 'cause if she didn't left, they would have been married and none of this would happen. But he also had to blame. He let himself get closer to GuiGui until she entered his heart.

Aaron think that GuiGui will understand. She grew up in America where people are liberated. But it's still not right. Their friendship is at stake.

But Aaron thought it's for the better. He knew that she will come back to Chicago. GuiGui's life is there. And so his life with Hebe.

Aaron can't leave Hebe just like that. He knew the feeling of being abandon. He gave his word to Hebe. They were about to start a family. He was just waiting for her.

Maybe, he needed to understand her more. He knew Hebe loved him. It would be very unfair to her if he hurt her.

But eventhough he tried to suppress his feelings, still, GuiGui is occupying his whole system.