Chapter 4

My Dorky Next Door Neighbor

 

Nice Meeting You!

"Is that your dog?" GuiGui asked impatiently towards the man who's obviously was Aaron. The dog who almost showered her with saliva was at his back, waggling his tail.

Of all the people in Taiwan, it was the dork who welcomed her. If she was not mistaken, he brought all the unluckiness she had now.

She considered Aaron as one of the people close to her, not because he was her friend but because he was one of the people who irritated her back then. Since they were young, he only knows how to tease, make her angry and cry.

Even when she's about to leave twelve years ago, he's still teasing her.

"GuiGui, send me chocolates when you reach Chicago, huh?" Aaron asked proudly.

"You will never receive anything from me."

"Then, just find my Dad. My Mom said that he's from Chicago."

"Why should I do that?" GuiGui smirked.

"So our family is complete once we get married."

GuiGui was so pissed at that time while her parents and Auntie Lena are laughing out loud on them. They're like cat and dog. But then, she was always the loser and get pissed off easily.

That's why she called him "Dork". GuiGui watched a foreign film on TV and the child actor was named Aaron while the lead child actress "Dork". And because Aaron was a pain in the neck, she called him that. Fits him perfectly.

GuiGui knows about Aaron's Dad living in Chicago. Her Mom told her about his Dad being an American citizen. At first, she thought his name was unusual for a chinese person. Auntie Lena and Aaron was living in Chicago. Aaron was two years old when his parents separated. His Dad married another woman so when he was three, Auntie Lena moved back to Taiwan along with him.

GuiGui didn't know why his parents separated or why his Dad didn't bother to visit him. She's not interested to know at all.

"Uh... yes," Aaron answered uncertainly. "How have you been, GuiGui Wu?"

"Great! Just great!" GuiGui snapped. "You don't have any good things to do, aren't you?"

"Yeah, it's good to see you, too," he answered sarcastically.

GuiGui was more irritated. "Shut up!"

"Whoa, whoa! Look, I'm sorry if Rufo clung to you."

"Clung?" she can't believe what he was saying. "Your dog treated me like a toy!"

"Rufo's just being friendly," Aaron defended his pet. "He rarely likes people. You're so lucky." He grinned.

GuiGui's eyes got even smaller. "So, I should be thankful because your dog liked me?"

"Most likely."

"Ugh!" she said angrily. "Please? Can you tied him up?"

"He will not clung on you if you didn't passed by my lawn."

GuiGui's eyes now grew bigger. What does he mean? She's a trespasser?

"Even though there's no gate, you can't just passed by because it's private property," he continued.

opened in surprise. So, he didn't changed at all, still proud and full of himself.

"Long time, no see," Aaron said afterwards.

"Yeah, it's been a long time but you're still a dork."

His face crumpled, obviously didn't like the way she called him. "I missed you calling me that. My name is Aaron, by the way."

"Hi, dork. Long time, no see." GuiGui fights back.

"Ah, you haven't changed, GuiGui. Still got a sharp tongue," he said.

"You haven't changed as well. You're still a jerk. See the rhyme? Dork, jerk." GuiGui smirked.

"When did all of you arrived?"

"I came back alone. Well then, see you. You disturbed me already," GuiGui decided to go back to Uncle Armand's house. Her day was ruined.

She had taken a few steps away when he decided to call her.

"What do you want?" GuiGui asked sharply.

"Why did you came back?"

"None of your business!"

"Well, you decided to marry me?" Aaron grinned.

Oh, he would forever be a dork!