Chapter 11

My Dorky Next Door Neighbor

 

Uh-oh! Dorky's Sweetness Strikes Back!

Like what Aaron promised GuiGui, after they finished shopping for groceries, they went back to her house. Then they went straight into the restaurant to have lunch.

"Where are we going?" GuiGui asked while munching.

Aaron scratched his head, shyly smiling. "The truth is, I don't know where would I take you. I don't know which place you like to see."

GuiGui was surprised. He was so proud of himself about accompanying her and now he's telling that he don't know their exact destination. But somehow, she found his actions cute. Aaron was the kind of boy who used to know everything. Then, he don't care if she was annoyed or happy in all the things he do. But now, he's considering her thoughts and feelings.

"Let's go to the mall," GuiGui spoke. She can't think of the places to go to right now. "We'll go out again next time if you have the perfect plan already."

They went to Taipei 101 afterwards. She went shopping. And because his plan was a wrecked, she let him carry all the shopping bags. GuiGui didn't heard any complains though.

She had fun. She thought Aaron was not fun to be with. Their conversation was full of sense. But the time they were having this chat, he didn't mention anything about his fiancee at all.

They were on their way home when she asked about it.

"Where is your girlfriend?"

Aaron didn't look at her, his eyes focused on the road. "In Paris."

"I heard she's a model."

"Yeah."

"So, she's famous."

"Maybe."

"Why are you so timid?" GuiGui noticed. "A while ago, you're like a parrot. Nonstop talking."

Aaron laughed and then looked at her. "I ran out of words. Talking is tiring too."

GuiGui laughed. She knew he was avoiding the topic and it was fine with her. She don't care about his problem with Hebe. If he don't want to talk about it, it's fine with her.

When they reached her house he didn't go home yet. He went straight into the kitchen and drank some water.

"Your parents will follow you here?" Aaron asked handling her a can of juice.

"I don't know about them. Dad didn't mention anything."

"I hope they can come home too. Mama missed Auntie Almira," he said talking about her Mom.

"I'll tell them when they call me," she said. GuiGui took a small paper bag from her piles of shopping bags. She gave it to Aaron. "Here... for you."

Aaron smiled widely. "Really?"

GuiGui nodded laughing. He looks like a child given a big present. "I didn't have any gift for you when I arrived."

Aaron grinned, staring at her. "You love me huh?"

"Heh!"

He opened the paper bag. It was an olive-green polo shirt. He was fair skinned that's why she choose it.

"Thanks," Aaron wrapped his arms on GuiGui's shoulder. "I knew that you love me since then."

GuiGui can't help but laugh on his thoughts. Okay, she just realized Aaron had always been sweet. She didn't noticed it before because they were always on a fight rather than being friends.

She remembered a part of her childhood when he gave her a stuffed toy when he went to her house. She was ten years old and he was in high school.

"Here... take it," Aaron said and gave the teddy bear. GuiGui was playing at her room. She didn't know that her Mom let him in.

GuiGui felt happy but confused at the same time. "Why are you giving me that?"

"Because I want to."

She didn't accept it easily. She was looking between him and the teddy bear he's holding.

"Take it," Aaron insisted.

"It's not my birthday."

"Take it as my birthday gift for you next year."

GuiGui accepted the stuffed toy. "T-thank you."

"Friends?" Aaron held out his hand.

GuiGui smiled and accepted his hand. "Friends."

She thought that was the end of their war but the next day, he started teasing and making fun of her again.

Aaron let go a day without annoying her. But that one day was kept inside her heart. They could live a day without annoying each other then.

"What's with that smile?" Aaron asked.

GuiGui didn't noticed she was smiling. "I remembered when you gave me a teddy bear. I thought we will not fight again."

Aaron laughed again. ""Yeah, I remembered that, too."

"Why did you gave me a stuffed toy then?" she asked curiously.

"Nothing. I just liked. Mama took me to a department store that day. I saw the stuffed toy, then I remembered you. So I bought it for you."

"How sweet!" GuiGui .

"A long time ago, GuiGui," Aaron answered, hugging her tightly and pinching her both cheeks like he used to do back then.

GuiGui was stunned. They never had the chance to be this close even before. It was a very rare experience. She don't understand why she felt a sudden nervousness. Her heart was thumping like crazy.

When they separated, GuiGui stared at his face. She knew he was handsome. But she felt like it was the first time she noticed it. It was the first time she appreciated his looks.

GuiGui shook her head. Oh, no! She was attracted to "Dork"?

###########################################################

Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoy my story.

Anyway, I just want to do a survey about all the fanfics that I wrote. I want to read your opinion.

Which of my fanfics do you like best and why?

Oh, oh! Please read "MAID" In Heaven!

I started the story already so please drop by and comment!

[http://winglin.net/fanfic/maid]

Seeyah at the Comment page!

Toodles, afhilangie =D