Chapter 16

My Dorky Next Door Neighbor

 

Friends Again

GuiGui's eyebrows raised alternately as the delivery boy handed her a bouquet of flowers. She didn't accepted it. She was 100% sure that it was from Wang Zi.

But the delivery boy insisted. "Xiao Jie, you can't reject this gift. I will be busted if you do."

"Hao la, hao la," she took the handbook and signed. Then the delivery boy handed the flowers.

When GuiGui closed the door, she didn't bother to look for the card or note inserted in the bouquet. It will go straight into the garbage bin. Or she will just throw it next door for Rufo to play around.

GuiGui was about to turn around when doorbell rang again. If she was not mistaken, it was Wang Zi outside. It was obvious. He wanted to win her back. It would be much better if she will just throw it right into his face. She was hotheaded these past few days, Wang Zi was one of the reason behind it.

To her surprise, it wasn't Wang Zi who's standing outside the door. It was Aaron, smiling widely at her.

"You're done with your tantrums?" GuiGui quickly snapped at him. He was the real reason behind her being hotheaded.

She didn't see him for two days. And she was hurt on what he said. He didn't gave her the benefit of the doubt.

Aaron scratched his head shyly. "Don't be angry to me."

"Whatever," she smirked at him and turned around. GuiGui went straight into the trash bin beside her house to throw the bouquet. Before she can do it, she heard Aaron protesting.

"Hey, don't throw that!"

GuiGui faced him. "Why? You liked it?" She said sarcastically.

"It came from me."

Her eyebrows raised again. "What?"

Aaron went to her. "I said, it came from me." He slowly repeated.

"So, why the flower effect?" GuiGui asked. Though her tone was sarcastic, she can't help but feel happy. She knew what the flowers are for.

Aaron took the flowers from her hand and hugged her. "I'm sorry..."

She found herself hugging him, too. He really was sweet.

"I didn't know Wang Zi is already married. He never wears his ring. He said he is still single and I thought he really is," she explained.

Aaron guided her towards the living room. They sat and she told the whole story.

"It was Daddy who caught Wang Zi with another woman. They thought, he was cheating on me. But they found out she's his wife."

Aaron explained why he had the sudden reaction back then. It wasn't that hard to understand him.

"Do you love him?" Aaron asked suddenly.

"No."

"Are you saying that because he hurt you?"

"No!" she yelled. "I was hurt of course. I felt stupid. But I don't love him."

Aaron was not convinced, still staring at her.

"Haiss! It's up to you if you don't want to believe," GuiGui said irritatedly.

Aaron laugh out loud. "Hotheaded!"

"Dork!" she said. "You can't stay away from me huh?"

"Come here," Aaron asked sweetly. GuiGui didn't move so Aaron grabbed and hugged her. "why you didn't tell me about your situation?"

"I was embarassed," GuiGui confessed. "Maybe you'll laugh at me. Maybe you'll tell me how stupid I was."

"Why would I do that?" And then he faked a laugh. "Ha-ha-ha!"

GuiGui pouted and hit Aaron on the lap. "I hate you!"

Aaron laughed and became serious all of a sudden. "If he started to bug you again, call me."

"And what would you do, superman?"

Aaron grinned. "I will leave it all to Rufo."

"I love your idea." And they both laughed.