Fugitives

Secrets Of The Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo lead the vampires through vents and corridors before they arrive at a room. Jihyo then pressed a few buttons, causing the walls to open, revealing a poorly lit tunnel. Sana volunteered to help out since she could see in the dark.

 

After a few minutes of running, they finally reached a ladder. Sana went first to check the surrounding area. Jihyo followed when she got the ‘clear’ signal and helped to haul Nayeon and Jeongyeon up with Sana. Jihyo stood and looked around a little.

 

Since it was the wee hours of the morning, it was hard to differentiate which area they are at. Soon, Jihyo got her bearings and whispered the others to follow. The aces in case of emergency, made the tunnel. No one else knew about it. Only them.

 

The tunnel ended not far away from the hide out. Jihyo unlocked the door and the rest rushed in. She then instructed Mina and Sana to bring Nayeon to the quarantine chamber. While she and Tzuyu carried Jeongyeon to the Medical Bay.

 

They all met at the storage area to count their resources.

 

JH: Chaeyoung and the others took a few of our weapons and blood bags…

 

MI: Is there enough?

 

JH: Yea… It’s enough for us to go on for  a few months…

 

MI: Ah I see…

 

JH: All of you should go and rest… you helped out a lot today

 

SN: Hunter… Are you okay?

 

JH: Yea I…

 

TY: He was brave, you should be happy.

 

SN: And that his love for you didn’t run out~

 

JH: I just need some tie alone… I’ll be at the lab if you need me…

 

Suddenly, a tremor shook the whole place. There were 5 separate tremors, which lasted for 5 seconds. All the other’s eyes widen in confusion.

 

TY: What was that?!...

 

MI: I have a bad feeling about it…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[HQ]

 

After a 10-minute crossfire, the allies finally cleared the lobby of the HQ. Mr. Hirai looked around in suspicion and directed what was left of the men to search the whole building. Momo offered to go with him but he gave her and her team a mission, which was to find the chief.

 

Momo nodded and ran to where Chaeyoung was catching her breath and gathered the team.

 

MM: Alright… now we have to find the chief

 

S.coups: What about Jihyo and the others?

 

“Crrr…. Crrr… V-unit reporting over…”

 

Vernon: What’s the matter?

 

“Crr… we found Seungkwan… h-he…”

 

Vernon: Spit it out!

 

“He’s… crrr… dead….crrrr”

 

S.coups: M-mwo? *Drops on to his knees and cover’s his face*

 

Vernon was speechless. The atmosphere was silent. Dahyun intertwined her hand’s with Vernon’s and squeezed it a little causing him to lean his head onto his shoulder. Chaeyoung watched as jealousy built up.

 

After collecting themselves, Vernon instructed the V unit to search for Jihyo and the others. S.coups lead the way while Momo stayed at the back. While walking through the corridor, they discussed the possible places the chief would go.

 

CY: Escape pods?

 

S.coups: Possibility… What about his office?

 

Vernon: Trashed. The V-unit reported it to me earlier

 

MM: I say we check out the escape pods then

 

DH: Let’s all take one pod. We will finish the search faster

 

S.coups: Shout if there is anything!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Escape Pods]

 

There were a total of 20 escape pods. Each person then was assigned to search 4 escape pods to see if the chief was there. Each of them walked cautiously around the pod and peeped through the small square window.

 

When an escape pod was engaged, it will have a red light around it. That was what Chaeyoung saw. She approached it cautiously and peeked in to only see a person who died before he could launch the pod.

 

CY: Poor guy…(sigh)…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter